Boatmad.com

Old 01-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #81
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona not P View Post
Short and sweet.... Wrong!
Which bit is wrong? If verytricky chose to enter, would he be welcome?
Quote:
You will never see the growth of good competitive racers via this Arrive Drive concept method...
Yet you believe that this new private series is worth supporting, when surely it would be better if the V24s were running in a proper national championship?

Isn't the "V24 2008 Championship" counter productive at best?

Old 01-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #82
Fiona Pascoe

Interests: Lots
Boat name: Positivism
Cruising area: Global

1. Would Marc be welcome? I dont know not my series, all I am saying is they need to work out their differences..

2. I said that personally I would rather see a UIM V24 series as it was intended to be. Arrive - Drive boats can still compete and they could organise their own events on the side. Thats how Thundercats do it... we offer boats to potential teams who wish to try racing and also organise 'have a go days' this then gets new teams to purchase boats.

But this is not for me to decide I would just like all parties to work together.

Fiona not P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 AM   #83

Send a message via Skype™ to ciao!
There always has been lots of politics in racing, the difference I guess 20 years ago, was that the "politicking" happened by landline and post, now a thought, view, rant is up in seconds.
If I look back to racing in the 80's, we had the same problems, but whatever went on wasn't put up on a website on Monday morning for everyone else to "chew the fat over" for the rest of the week.
"Issues", were dealt with, in a slower manner, they were addressed and resolved.
Here is an example. All 3B boats powered by a Yamaha 90 HP engine that raced in 1983 under the RYA/UIM rules were illegal.
To run a stainless Merc prop you had to cut off the "trim tab" / "Sacrficial Anode".
Mike Kitcher pitched up at the Cancer Research Race, and protested all of us, (he was running a standard ally Yam prop).
Over the course of the next week Norman Taylor, Chief Scrutineer, looked into it and managed to find us a way to keep running the props within "spirit of the rules."
ciao! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #84
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona not P View Post

But this is not for me to decide I would just like all parties to work together.

Fiona,

You are barking up the wrong tree.
If your wish is a properly organised national series for V24, your arguments need to be directed at Cliff Smith. I am not a problem in the way of a proper National Series taking place.

I re-iterate a previous post you appear to have missed:

1) I have a boat that complies with the rules for the class.
2) I wish to race the boat.
End of story.

However, there are efforts afoot ( and not an insignificant amount of money too ) to prevent me from racing for the solitary reason that I always beat this person during a race and he is tired of being beaten, and as such is making further attempts to have me excluded. ( I say further, as he has made attempts ever since Ramsgate 2005! )

Other points of interest:
1) Up to the time I overtook Cliff Smith in a race, there was no problems from him. From that very instant he became nasty and agressive towards both myself and Ana. There is an exact corelation with his behaviour and attitude towards us, and our ability to pass him on a race course. Prior to passing him, he was not a problem in any way. After passing him, he became a nasty person.

2) I have tried to conduct myself in a 'proper manner' whilst involved in a race. At poole 2007 for example, I broke my trim at the furtherest point from the harbour, and motored back at dislacement speed. On the way we came accross a broken down Cliff Smith, who had snapped his driveshaft. On VHF he was told there were no spare boats to tow him in as they were needed for safety and he would have to wait 45 minutes till the race was completed. As he was within 20 meters of us at that time, we threw him a line, and towed him back into Poole harbour, so that he did not have to drift for 45 minutes in the channel.

( and yes, you are correct, they did not return the favour at the very next race I went to - the Torquay finals. They sat drinking beer watching me struggle to get the boat and lorry back into the car park, not less than 20 meters away - without offering any help in any way. Also sitting there were two members of boatmad who did not help. Two other members of boatmad saw the issue I was having and came from the dock to assist. They arrived just as I had got the boat sorted, but they walked 500 yards to assist, where help in reversing the lorry and boat was sitting and not helping less than the length of my boat away from where I needed help! )
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:31 PM   #85

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

I can't help but feel as a spectator, I would sooner watch a race with 3/4 V24's boats with Marc, than 8/10 without Marc...I have watched you many times before and as you are always searching for that little bit extra with considerable input effort to your boat and the sport I say
Old 02-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #86
Fiona Pascoe

Interests: Lots
Boat name: Positivism
Cruising area: Global

Marc you are missing the point - sorry! I am not saying you are in the wrong I am saying that the situation that has occurred with you and Cliff & Co is not conducive to V24 and believe you all need to come to the table and work together. CFUN I have watched 3/4 boats race and its boring compared to seeing 8 -14 of them... that was awsome!!!!
Fiona not P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #87
2008 WC & 2009 V24 Champ

Engines: 2, 1000shp gas turbines
Cruising area: South

Happy New year to all. a news flash regarding the new series. Cliff and Andy has secured prize money for the 1st to 4th boats 2000, 1500, 1000, 500, Pounds, So as you can see all is going well in preparation for the new series.
Don't forget all interested people to contact cliff smith for more information.
A meeting will be held after the orda agm arond 14:30 at Chilworth Manor Southampton regarding the new series for races and interested parties.
Little Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:56 PM   #88
blind dog

Interests: fast
Boat name: drivers dry berthing
Boat make: buzzi
Cruising area: anywhere fast

Cool v24

hi,what date is the orda meeting
blind dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #89
2008 WC & 2009 V24 Champ

The ORDA do is on Saturday 19th January
Old 06-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #90
blind dog

Interests: fast
Boat name: drivers dry berthing
Boat make: buzzi
Cruising area: anywhere fast

v24

cheers,ile b there
blind dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #91
2008 WC & 2009 V24 Champ

i've just realised the post i have placed about prize money does not state that the money is for final series placings, not per race. sorry for any miss understandings
Old 06-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #92

Boat name: On The Rocks
Boat make: Ring 21 marshan 17 four winns horizon, hydro 3 pointer, f2 cat, backdraft 22
Cruising area: Way up norf and Sarf coast areas

Not per race.
Blinddog thought he could make his £10000 back in winnings

gazza is offline   Reply With Quote