Boatmad.com

Old 06-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #1

Interests: Counting me gold
Boat name: black pearl
Boat make: black one with sails
Engines: 2 big masts and a seagull centry plus
Cruising area: the caribbean

V24 controversery. again!

i hear there has been some controversey in the V24 camp this week!

can anyone conferm that Mr tricky lamont has two new paper weights in the shape of cylinder heads?

NEWS JUST IN
There has been rumours from an unknown source that some non volvo parts have been used in the trick misters engine, unfortunatly mr lamont left the pits to quickly for anyone to get an interview about the aligations.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #2

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

funny was at an alcohol fuelled party last night and a guy I was chatting to said..........ye ave a mate with a V24 last time I saw it the engine was in bits all over the place with new bits from xxx to go in..........I said don't think that could be the case mate only original part's would be allowed....but it did remind me having owned a vet, people used to say wow fu... k that's massive bet the parts are really rare and mega money for that engine, and Iwould say no there are over 50million mouse motors of varing types made so part's are cheap and there are a millon tuning variations, but I guess that's the problem there are so many mod's very tempting, although I am not suggesting anyone would do that

Old 06-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Re: V24 controversery. again!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Sparrow
NEWS JUST IN
There has been rumours from an unknown source that some non volvo parts have been used in the trick misters engine, unfortunatly mr lamont left the pits to quickly for anyone to get an interview about the aligations.
I was asked to wait for 1 hour to determine if a protest was to be lodged against my engine. I waited the required hour. I then went to check if it was OK to leave. I was given the all clear from both the OOD and the scruteneer.

I actually left the pits FOUR hours later.

Plenty of time to look at my engines if they wanted.

On *FRIDAY* I damaged my engine. This was *before* Littlehampton and *before* I was going to be protested. I was possibly not even going to be able to race due to the problem. I informed the RYA that my engine was going to be repaired and the RYA will be sending a technical scruteneer to view my heads going back into the engine.

Unless I have a crystal ball - I would not have known there was going to be a protest in which they wanted to strip my engine. - If V2 had the balls to pay the £100 they could have stripped my engine, and determined if I was running any dodgy parts. But he does not have the balls aparently! ( or perhaps he does not have the £100 pounds, after spending so much money re-engineering his own engine and buying dodgy gearboxes! )

I have *always* insisted that any work done to my boat is done within the rules. I turned down Gavin Brown when he wanted to install a lightened fly wheel in my boat like he had done for V8.

I turned down the offer to change my camshaft for extra power.

Geoff - who does my work now - has assured me 100% that my engine is within all the specifications, and there are no cheating parts installed. He assures me that I can get my engine stripped at any time, without worry.

So - Given that I *will* definately be stripped - either at Torquay or at Cowes - and I have had my engine examined by the RYA due to the repair - What do you think the outcome of the race will be? It will be completely apparent that I am running a standard engine ( possibly the only V24 to be running the homologated engine! ) Due to the RYA inspection and the promiced strip planned for Cowes or Torquay - there are no issues about that. When V2 insisted on swapping out my ECU and their ECU, I *still* won the race, and V2 moved from second place to third place! ( so my ecu is crap, and should be replaced! ) When they checked my petrol it is always within the parameters, when they decide to weigh the boats, I am always over the limit required. ( which is also crap - V2 owns the weigh machine so he determines which races I'll get weighed in and which I wont, and I never know till I am coming out the water which race it is, but he knows in advance! )

So - I still win the race.

And V2 is running out of excuses. I even got protested when they made a navigational error and I ran according to race instructions!!!

I guess the whole thing boils down to the performance at Cowes and Torquay! If I suddenly drive as badly as V2 then I have been cheating all year. If I continue to beat V2 then I guess I am just better.

Add to this all that in the last three years my navigator has never once made a single tiny navigational error, I think the odds are on my side!
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:32 PM   #4

I'm tired of people accusing marc of cheating. I don't give a shit whether he's liked, disliked, farts loudly in public, whatever, he deserves no less respect than anyone else.

Until such time as someone protests him for running a bent boat, motor or drive, and wins, I don't want to see any more posts accusing him of cheating. It doesn't endear the class or sport to anyone.

If he's protested and loses, then I'll be right at the front of the queue to take the piss, and he'll also owe me about 50 pints of beer
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #5
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

51 pints.

I have not bought new cylender heads.

I intend to complete this season by racing as hard as I possibly can. With all they shyte going on, it will probably be my last season racing. And *if* my engine is not protested and stripped by Torquay, I'll protest myself and get me stripped.
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:53 AM   #6
Ben

Interests: Quiet desperation
Boat name: A Little Noisy
Boat make: Excalibur 24
Engines: Express Racing 525
Cruising area: Mobjack Bay (where?)

This is all so depressing. An anonymous poster accuses a racer of cheating. This person of course does not substantiate his (or her) allegations (note spelling Jack Sparrow) Now said racer is considering if this should be his last season in a sport that just so happens to be dying and needs every competitor it can attract.

Just who is 'Jack Sparrow'? Evidentally bitter about something and obviously functionally illiterate judging from the gross spelling and grammatical errors in his post. Sorry, forgot that he was a pirate so these slight foibles should be excused.

Trial and conviction by innuendo supposedly ended a number of centuries ago. If VeryTricky is protested and found to be outside the rules I would be the first to ask him to leave the sport. Until such time that a protest is lodged and a rule infringement is confirmed, 'Jack Sparrow' should shut the F... up.

By the way, I have no axe to grind nor know VeryTricky well. I just find anonymous potential slander offensive.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #7

If you applied that logic to everyone, I'm not sure there'd be enough people left to race!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben
If VeryTricky is protested and found to be outside the rules I would be the first to ask him to leave the sport.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:34 AM   #8
jw.

Interests: Hole maker
Boat make: Humber Ocean Offshore
Engines: KAD 300/DPX

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben
This is all so depressing. ....
.....Just who is 'Jack Sparrow'? Evidentally bitter about something and obviously functionally illiterate judging from the gross spelling and grammatical errors in his post. Sorry, forgot that he was a pirate so these slight foibles should be excused.

So there you have it jack sparrow. Take your own advice and
Old 07-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #9
jw.

Interests: Hole maker
Boat make: Humber Ocean Offshore
Engines: KAD 300/DPX

Laugh.. I tell you I'm just about crying after seeing the title given to that smillie..... Good one.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #10
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally posted by jw.
Laugh.. I tell you I'm just about crying after seeing the title given to that smillie..... Good one.

What?

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #11
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Title of Leeway for the smilie

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #12

Is it?
Old 07-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #13
numbskull

Quote:
Originally posted by BluFin
Title of Leeway for the smilie
NO!!! surely not. How did that happen?

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Old 07-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #14

Interests: BOUYS
Cruising area: SOUTH COAST

Angry

This thread is typical of small minded racers, If you are winning you must be illegally tuned ( I was going to say bent but I don't know what side these guys bat for ) If you are loosing you are crap, I suggest whoever it is either puts up or shuts up. Lets keep the racing fun like it used to be & stop the constant sniping at others.
PRINCE CONSORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #15
Gav

Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Quote:
Originally posted by PRINCE CONSORT
This thread is typical of small minded racers, If you are winning you must be illegally tuned ( I was going to say bent but I don't know what side these guys bat for ) If you are loosing you are crap, I suggest whoever it is either puts up or shuts up. Lets keep the racing fun like it used to be & stop the constant sniping at others.

here here!!!

jack sparrow............your an arse!
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #16

Sorry everyone it was only a little dig, looks like i touched a nerve

but as i've got a slagging of i might as well keep up my reputation.

the points that marc has made have not been written correctly so i must amend these.

1) on sunday you refused anyone to look at your engine

2) whats the point of the rya scruteneer looking at your heads going back on they might not be the ones you took off.

3) V2 does not own the weighting equipment the rya do. You should be weighted at every race but sometimes they don't work. the only weighting equipment V2 bring is the bathroom scales

4) You have gone wrong on more than one occasion the first one being Ramesgate 2004 and the last being Guernsey 2006, but i do not think Anna is to blame as you claim to drive and navigate. so maybe your right your navigatior has never gone wrong.

Sorry for my out burst but i got a bit upset with being had a go at by people i've not seen at one single powerboat event this season (not including you Marc).

My few misunderstood words on a forum are not killing racing. its all the people with all mouth and no trousers

Sorry i will now
Old 07-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #17
numbskull

So, just to clear things up, and show that it was 'just a dig', for a bit of fun, who are you?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #18

it started as a dig but then you set me off.

now i must set sail and scarper
Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #19
numbskull

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Sparrow
it started as a dig but then you set me off.
Really!

I don't recall posting on this thread about 'the issue'.

I only posted re: the smilie.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #20
numbskull

Well? go on.......