Boatmad.com

Old 13-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog v2 View Post
Bob not aloud to say what i think has it get deleted by the big WIGS ON BOATMAD
I saw the post the other night before it was removed.

I'm sure many value your opnions I certainly do but personal insults must be left out.

hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #22

Interests: Boats, skiing pets
Cruising area: wherever there is work!

Thumbs down

I really cannot believe what i have just been reading how some of you can be so horrible about Mike after all the hard work he has put in most of you are just total twats on here and some more than others and also others trying to get money when there is none not all of us know rich people or race with them! When Eric used to Race with Tim Grimshaw it was fun nowadays it is just money money money and lets show off our boats very sad in my opinion! Claire

Mrs Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Smillie View Post
I really cannot believe what i have just been reading how some of you can be so horrible about Mike after all the hard work he has put in most of you are just total twats on here and some more than others and also others trying to get money when there is none not all of us know rich people or race with them! When Eric used to Race with Tim Grimshaw it was fun nowadays it is just money money money and lets show off our boats very sad in my opinion! Claire
Can't see anything nasty on this thread just a couple of questions about money from someone. Are they not entitled to ask?

and confused doesn't Eric rig a boat and race in it for someone with the biggest wallet
Old 14-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Smillie View Post
You see this all the time. When a tough guy, like Mike, fails some lowlifes creeps out of their holes and comes to life.

And Barry. I think Erics job is to do what he does for Markus. Rigging and repairing boats. Should be disqualified from racing for that,or..?
Mikko Oikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #25

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
Can't see anything nasty on this thread just a couple of questions about money from someone. Are they not entitled to ask?

and confused doesn't Eric rig a boat and race in it for someone with the biggest wallet
Barry Im saying why have a go at Mike when no one else was willing to do what he has done the biggest problem as we all know is money and yes Markus may have a bit but don't bring Eric into this what he does is his job and bloody good at he is as the boats he rigs all finish races especially the one he navigates in has finished every race since Markus has owned it!
Old 14-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #26

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Oikari View Post
You see this all the time. When a tough guy, like Mike, fails some lowlifes creeps out of their holes and comes to life.

And Barry. I think Erics job is to do what he does for Markus. Rigging and repairing boats. Should be disqualified from racing for that,or..?
Thank you for you reply. Eric is brilliant at what he does just would be nice sometimes that he got appreciated with the odd thank you!
Old 14-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Oikari View Post

I wasn't critising Eric as I know he is one of the best. I was repling to his wifes comments.

Were in my post did I say he can't race. The fact is he is fortunate to get paid to rig one of the best boats in the Uk and race it nothing wrong with that

I really am baffled on this forum. I thought we had freedom of speach.

The very simple facts are: Money money money

1: C-MC is 1 and half times longer than RB8
2: RB8 other than Ireland could be supported by 1 support team. In this race you need 2 support crews.
3: Therefore the cost is at least double RB8 and in this current climate there are not enough people who wish to spend that amount of money.
4: If a team was put of from entering this race by a few negative comments on here then I suggest that they should not be entering a race of this kind.

Mike knew the risks at trying to organise this race if not he was very fool hardy

Oh and the race wasn't going to Monte Carlo.
Old 14-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #28
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
1: C-MC is 1 and half times longer than RB8
Nearly twice actually, it's 2400 'Nautical' miles, that's nearly 2800 statute. RB was I think 1600 statute.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
Nearly twice actually, it's 2400 'Nautical' miles, that's nearly 2800 statute. RB was I think 1600 statute.
And I thought I was always right.
Old 14-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #30
numbskull

Quote:
And I thought I was always right.
Indeed you are Barry.

As for Mike getting a slagging on here, it embarrasses me!

We wouldn't even have 'Marathon' class, or Marathon racing if it wasn't for Mike Lloyd and his passion to see the Round Britain Race get reborn in 2006, it simply wouldn't exist.
Marathon was born from that race and nowhere else.
Against the odds, he made RB08 happen, not to mention Cowes 2008. How about some respect for that people!
Respect also to Dean Gibbs, who was a crucial part of making Cowes 2008 happen.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Old 14-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #31

Thumbs up

Quote:
Indeed you are Barry.

We wouldn't even have 'Marathon' class, or Marathon racing if it wasn't for Mike Lloyd and his passion to see the Round Britain Race get reborn in 2006, it simply wouldn't exist.
Against the odds, he made RB08 happen, not to mention Cowes 2008. How about some respect for that people!
Here here Jon Eric and I for one have total respect for Mike and his team RB08 was brilliant, even if we did follow Cinzano most of the way on a trailer! Mike deserves so much more than what he is getting on here and elsewhere some people need to think before they open their mouths or post on here!!
Old 14-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #32

Quote:
Indeed you are Barry.

Let's quote this one AGAIN shall we
Salty Balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #33
numbskull

And to add...

Without Marathon, the Cowes event would be a distant memory, because 2007 would likely have been the last we saw of it.

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed the last five years of Cowes-Torquay-Cowes races (well, most!) And feel honoured to have taken part. I/We Owe that to Lloydie.

Old 14-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #34

Interests: Powerboats,Commentating, Bikes
Boat make: None at the moment
Cruising area: Wherever I can get a ride !

Quote:
Indeed you are Barry.

Very True.
Martin The Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #35

Interests: Powerboats,Commentating, Bikes
Boat make: None at the moment
Cruising area: Wherever I can get a ride !

Quote:
Without Marathon, the Cowes event would be a distant memory, because 2007 would likely have been the last we saw of it.

I for one have thoroughly enjoyed the last five years of Cowes-Torquay-Cowes races (well, most!) And feel honoured to have taken part. I/We Owe that to Lloydie.
Well said Jon.
The survival of Offshore/Marathon/Endurance racing lies firmly with the BPRC now !
We owe it to all who support the sport to continue what was re-launched by RB08, CTC08 etc.
In these hard times please do not knock those who generously provide funds to keep the sport alive - in fact, please do not knock anymore, publicly.
If one has a problem, use the PM system, rather than air such matters in public forums.
Martin The Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #36

Oh My god

So Sir Loyiiiid

Why?
Old 15-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #37

Marathon racing is such a sucsess theses days because ML

JF name the boats that were in RB8 that are now in Snicker racing
Old 15-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin The Talker View Post
Well said Jon.
The survival of Offshore/Marathon/Endurance racing lies firmly with the BPRC now !
We owe it to all who support the sport to continue what was re-launched by RB08, CTC08 etc.
In these hard times please do not knock those who generously provide funds to keep the sport alive - in fact, please do not knock anymore, publicly.
If one has a problem, use the PM system, rather than air such matters in public forums.
So how mush cash have you splash into racing

Old 15-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #39

Mike

Very easy

Have you ever heard of a spread sheat

Every time you had a jolly in europe

Who paid for the burger in Monteeeeee
Old 15-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #40

Quote:

Never realised ML ran the CTC for so long.

JF be honest once in your life