Boatmad.com

Old 31-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #1021

Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

Probably won't get too many involved posting on here for fear of the keyboard warriors.....

But, lessons have to be learnt from this - and quickly. Positive lessons and a way ahead as powerboat racing can't have too many more chances!

All very frustrating as it can be such a great sport and there are people who want to race - but it has to be achievable, realistic and justifiable.

Bu justifiable it has to be value for money, competitive and fun! This will be different for different people but it can't be denied that all of which is currently in short supply.

Old 31-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Leader View Post
Well you better get down there then coz we are going !
Its a shame there arent more boats that can come and show some kind of support for the sport.
I am amazed that form 20 odd boats there are just 4 of us left. Obviously everyone has thier reasons but the sport is finished unless the teams can get themselves organized.
I just hope that this will not put people off in the future to try and run something as fantastic as the Venture Cup.
Respect to you and your crew and the other boats.

We will be down on Friday for a

hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:51 PM   #1023

VC Demise.

In an effort to keep it pertinent i'm wondering why H69 now has the knives out re the demise of VC. Refer to Ribnet forum...... I seem to remember that the VC was actually taken on by AF and AG before they transferred the event into a new company and, pardon the pun, a new VC. Pay attention H69... Perhaps you should be asking questions of PD, SWP, RC, AF, MH and the "stakeholders" et al right now.... Why not ask the Race Lawyer DGS? Facts are important here. Hey life happens. Egg and Chicken = racers and race. May be. Just saying
Worsforwear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:16 PM   #1024

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Brass Neck

So after the debacle of the Venture Cup, the Event Organiser Aidan Foley isn't finished just yet.

After sending emails to powerboat snappers last night, Aidan launches his latest venture, "An alterenetive home for adventure on the water" (spelling).

Chris Davies is going to be right impressed you used his Inverness Start Shot on your front page.

gopowerboating.com
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:03 AM   #1025

Back in your box John - I'm helping out the crews heading for Monaco in a private capacity (they asked me to, and I'm genuinely honoured to assist). Gopowerboating.com is only in beta at the moment and will be available to anyone in powerboating, free of charge, should they wish to use it for their own purposes. Typos, placeholder images, etc. will all be resolved during final snagging. The concept was something which was suggested and discussed at the recent powerboat workshop in London.
blimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:25 AM   #1026

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by blimp View Post
Back in your box John - I'm helping out the crews heading for Monaco in a private capacity (they asked me to, and I'm genuinely honoured to assist). Gopowerboating.com is only in beta at the moment and will be available to anyone in powerboating, free of charge, should they wish to use it for their own purposes. Typos, placeholder images, etc. will all be resolved during final snagging. The concept was something which was suggested and discussed at the recent powerboat workshop in London.

"Gopowerboating.com is only in beta at the moment".

It's a WordPress site Aidan - I teach 7 year olds how to add content to that CMS.

Graham Stevens and I uploaded 20,000 photos, pdf's and videos to powerboatarchive2.co.uk in under 3 weeks - We didn't go "beta" - We launched the site when ready.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:05 AM   #1027

Interests: Boats , bikes!
Boat name: Renegade
Boat make: GPV-RENEGADE
Engines: 150 HO etec
Cruising area: Thames, south coast, anywhere!

I saw the Boss yesterday and it looked great outside st Kats. good luck Robin and all that are going for it. be safe
Old 05-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #1028

Interests: Vacations
Boat make: Burgess T850, Bristol T850 c 2 Wieser Boote
Engines: Yam70 (x3) & Stinger 75 (x2)
Cruising area: South West

Advertising

So GUMBALL3000 takes over Regent St in London for a Day and gets posters up and down the whole of Regent St with a great web site as well.

Venture Cup ?

Keanaz
Keanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #1029
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keanaz View Post
So GUMBALL3000 takes over Regent St in London for a Day and gets posters up and down the whole of Regent St with a great web site as well.

Venture Cup ?

Keanaz
It's a factor of PR and money, no money no PR, the lack of a decent sponsor made everything else more difficult, the reasons put forward for a lack of a title sponsor would make interesting reasons both from the organisers perspective and any sponsors that were allegedly on the verge of signing.

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #1030

Interests: Heavy Heavy Metal
Boat name: Slayer II, Slayer, Pen15
Boat make: Phantom 19G-R, Bernico F2 Extreme, Ring 15
Engines: Evinrude 115HO, Yam 90
Cruising area: Channel Islands

I think it's a massive mistake to believe that anyone outside of the powerboating world actually cares about powerboat racing. Even as an enthusiast and racer the P1SS coverage on TV is as dull as dishwater, so attracting major sponsors must be virtually impossible.

Good luck to everyone making the trip, as a fan I'm gutted the race is off but it's great to see people making the best of a bad situation.

Paul E is offline   Reply With Quote