Boatmad.com

Old 24-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #1

Interests: BOUYS
Cruising area: SOUTH COAST

Question Whats happening in P1

I overheard in one of the bars during the Soton Boatshow that three of the supersport boats have been dyno'd & two found to be over powered, Anyone know if this is true & if so who the culprits are.

Old 25-09-2007, 12:52 AM   #2
Fiona Pascoe

Interests: Lots
Boat name: Positivism
Cruising area: Global

Hi Guys.....Thought I would check up on you and see how you are all doing... is Manos still on here or is he banned?
Heard you have been up to no good with the chit chat... ha ha ha... nothing changes. Do me a favour lets be positive and give the new P1 team a chance to prove themselves, Prince Consort you are nearly right - two engines were over powered and now we must leave it to P1 and the TCC to act upon the facts and do what is correct for the series, to be a world championship with credability it must be through eligibility and clean racing, as we old farts know we push to the limit, if you get caught take the penalty... remember in 1.3lt Worlds the first 9 were disqualified with illegal engines.

I just had a nightmare and found one of our Thundercat engines illegal... his engine has been thrown out and has to replace it or he cant race... very embarrassing just happens to be one of my main sponsor’s boats, checking another one after Portugal hoping its going to be OK otherwise i'm going to be known as the hatchet... But fair racing is what I need for the better of the sport, as we know if I have the information and dont act on it and do nothing is will muck my series and no one will want to race.

Good luck to P1 I wouldn't want to be in their shoes, whatever they do someone will be moaning so they have to act for the better of the series... let’s wait and see!

So when are some of you Offshore legions going to support us and come and have a party with us Thundercats.... fancy a party at Stokes Bay on the Saturday of the weekend 20th October email if you want to come... fiona@m2mracing.com

Anyway guy's I just wanted to say Hi and ask if we can try and support P1, next year there will be loads changing if they do what they say... I have great hopes that the new MD will have 'Balls of Steel!' and run the series fairly and to the rules.... Its just like the old Class 1 of the late '80's actually there are a load of us old farts in it.... so get ya boats out and join us...

Oh whilst watching the P1 results this weekend keep an eye on USA racing 'Pascoe and Carr / Sinclair' racing the Skater..... sounds like the boat is flying! Nite Nite sweet dreams x

Fiona not P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #3

Interests: FISHING,MOTOR SPORT POWERBOATS & THE ODD TIPPLE
Boat name: NORFOLK & CHANCE
Boat make: SUNSEEKER MANHATTEN QUITE BIG
Engines: BIG ONES
Cruising area: MED/ SOUTH COAST

Whats happening in P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona not P View Post
Hi Guys.....Thought I would check up on you and see how you are all doing... is Manos still on here or is he banned?
Heard you have been up to no good with the chit chat... ha ha ha... nothing changes. Do me a favour lets be positive and give the new P1 team a chance to prove themselves, Prince Consort you are nearly right - two engines were over powered and now we must leave it to P1 and the TCC to act upon the facts and do what is correct for the series, to be a world championship with credability it must be through eligibility and clean racing, as we old farts know we push to the limit, if you get caught take the penalty... remember in 1.3lt Worlds the first 9 were disqualified with illegal engines.

I just had a nightmare and found one of our Thundercat engines illegal... his engine has been thrown out and has to replace it or he cant race... very embarrassing just happens to be one of my main sponsor’s boats, checking another one after Portugal hoping its going to be OK otherwise i'm going to be known as the hatchet... But fair racing is what I need for the better of the sport, as we know if I have the information and dont act on it and do nothing is will muck my series and no one will want to race.

Good luck to P1 I wouldn't want to be in their shoes, whatever they do someone will be moaning so they have to act for the better of the series... let’s wait and see!

So when are some of you Offshore legions going to support us and come and have a party with us Thundercats.... fancy a party at Stokes Bay on the Saturday of the weekend 20th October email if you want to come... fiona@m2mracing.com

Anyway guy's I just wanted to say Hi and ask if we can try and support P1, next year there will be loads changing if they do what they say... I have great hopes that the new MD will have 'Balls of Steel!' and run the series fairly and to the rules.... Its just like the old Class 1 of the late '80's actually there are a load of us old farts in it.... so get ya boats out and join us...

Oh whilst watching the P1 results this weekend keep an eye on USA racing 'Pascoe and Carr / Sinclair' racing the Skater..... sounds like the boat is flying! Nite Nite sweet dreams x
So if the engines are over powered surely that makes them illegal and the culprits should be dealt with, Back in the ice age when I raced it would be an instant dismissal from the championships and a possible ban for the next season. I'm not sugesting that the culprits should be dealt with in the same way but it makes one wonder how many are running illegal, take Cowes this year when the speed was so high they stopped for a tea break before crossing the line, If they can exceed the speed limit why illegally tune the engines, But if they have gained an unfair advantage then they should certainly loose some or all their points.

Maybe some P1 competitors can comment on this, we know some of you use this site.
OLD PHART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
Fiona Pascoe

I agree 'old Phart' but unfortunately and not for the better, commercial decisions are made This is an interesting one to watch as whatever is done will set precedence for the future. Disqualification is a bitter pill to take as Pete Little had to except in the final heat of Offshore 2000 that had financial implications for him as there was prize money involved, Mark and I were not the most popular of people for at least 6 months because of this decission but as organisers we had to do it, even to our friends - that hurt the most, we could of swept it under the carpet but that would not of been right nor constructive racing.

My concern as an organiser is statements like: 'Drivers should of protested if they were worried', 'Teams should protest eligibility' - that’s ridiculous and will only cause anguish and upset in the pits - teams fighting each other this does not build a healthy racing community. It is an organisers responsibility to make sure teams are within the rules, that fair racing takes place, all rules are adhered too.. etc etc why have officials if this is not correct?

Bringing the sport into disrepute or not adhering to rules is the job of organisers to deal with. A strong but fair hand in leadership builds a stable and construction foundation to grow a sport and business. Starting with shakey foundations will only end in distruction.
Old 25-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #5

Of course bitching and back stabbing instead of protesting does build a healthy racing community and reduces anguish and upset, while still allowing the teams that are alleged to be infringing the rules to win.
Ask the V24's.

Quote:
My concern as an organiser is statements like: 'Drivers should of protested if they were worried', 'Teams should protest eligibility' - that’s ridiculous and will only cause anguish and upset in the pits - teams fighting each other this does not build a healthy racing community.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
Fiona Pascoe

You will never stop onshore banter – I’ve been in the firing line for years, you harden up and excepted it, that’s racing in any sport; personal bitching is not good but normally its tongue in cheek as everyone knows each other... boatmad is the hub of it for Offshore... trying to be constructive and impartial is not bitching. Luckily in the western world 'freedom of speech' is recognised and fought for. Many things in life are not correct nor fair but if you believe in something you should be able to state the facts - belief and love for a sport equals passion and commitment if you state something to hurt, dishonour, in vindictiveness just to wind someone up = ignorance and stupidity.

V24 uumm... was a wonderful series with the most beautiful raceboats, I had a lot to do with them once upon a time, still have a soft spot for it now but alas everyone thinks organising is so easy and forget the financial implications to staging events... keep watching I am (not a ghost writer ha ha) writing an article about racing over the past few years, hopefully it will make good reading, although I know I will have my knuckles wrapped by a few.

Positivism produces results, negativism destroys…. Sometimes you need to be positive about destroying to be able to rebuild and make good… whatever happens in life there is always a brighter positive light around the corner, if you look for it… therefore keep talking towards an answer that is positive.
there is always something around the corner...
Old 26-09-2007, 04:52 AM   #7

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:

Positivism produces results, negativism destroys…. Sometimes you need to be positive about destroying to be able to rebuild and make good… whatever happens in life there is always a brighter positive light around the corner, if you look for it… therefore keep talking towards an answer that is positive.
there is always something around the corner...
Blimey Fiona, you're becoming a Mystic! I'm going to cut that out and stick it on my computer for those "black" days.
ML.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #8

Interests: Powerboat racing & Rallying

Just seen the weather forecast for Portimao, looks like we are all in for a bumpy ride
Then I did it to please others.
Then I did it for Money.
Chris Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
Fiona Pascoe

Blimey Fiona, you're becoming a Mystic! I'm going to cut that out and stick it on my computer for those "black" days.
ML.

My new concept to life.... over 40, divorced, 2 kids, a full time job... I need to be!!

Anyway just off to Portugal and i'm really looking forward to it... its going to be wonderful.. excellent parties, good racing and being able enjoy the sun sea and whole P1 experience... POSITIVITY!!