Boatmad.com

Old 08-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #1

Interests: Powerboating
Boat make: 5.5 Metre RIB
Engines: Yamaha 50 HP
Cruising area: Firth of Forth

1st June PB Cruise Scotland

Hi ALL,

Am newbie to this Forum, but thought I would like to tell you about a Cruise we are Organising on the Firth of Forth @ Elie in Fife.

This the first cruise of the newly formed Powerboat Section of the sailing Club. This is being organised in conjuction with RYA Powerboat Scotland, and your all welcome to come along.

More details can be found @ http://www.eesc.org.uk/powerboat_scotland_cruise.html

The Scottish Wild Catz zapcat team people are coming along to play with us.

Anyone who would like to help demonstrate that sailing clubs can have powerboat members too will be very welcome.

It will be a great day out.

regards

Scott
Elie & Earlsferry Sailing Club - Powerboat Section

Supporting The Round Britian Powerboat Race 2008

EESC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #2

Boat name: On The Rocks
Boat make: Ring 21 marshan 17 four winns horizon, hydro 3 pointer, f2 cat, backdraft 22
Cruising area: Way up norf and Sarf coast areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EESC View Post
Hi ALL,

Am newbie to this Forum, but thought I would like to tell you about a Cruise we are Organising on the Firth of Forth @ Elie in Fife.

This the first cruise of the newly formed Powerboat Section of the sailing Club. This is being organised in conjuction with RYA Powerboat Scotland, and your all welcome to come along.

More details can be found @ http://www.eesc.org.uk/powerboat_scotland_cruise.html

The Scottish Wild Catz zapcat team people are coming along to play with us.

Anyone who would like to help demonstrate that sailing clubs can have powerboat members too will be very welcome.

It will be a great day out.

regards

Scott
Elie & Earlsferry Sailing Club - Powerboat Section

Supporting The Round Britian Powerboat Race 2008

Welcome here Scott
Good to speak last night, I was intending coming along on June 1st, but this highlighted statement sounds a little worrying.

gaZ

gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #3

Ok, the Scottish Wildcatz Zapcat team are coming along to provide a demonstration of there lovely fast craft.

Any better?

Scott
Old 08-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #4

Boat make: Ring 21 marshan 17 four winns horizon, hydro 3 pointer, f2 cat, backdraft 22

gaZ
Old 23-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #5

Not long now - if your planing to come along let us know, and let us know what type of craft your bringing.....ALL powerboats & Jetski's welcome.

Clubs website has been "updated" by over ethusatic webmaster promoting this event. (trys and looks inocent "it wasn't me nobody saw me doing it!", )

************************ Press Release ***********************
Fife Sailing Club Launches Powerboat Section

Sunday 1st June 2008, sees Elie & Earlsferry Sailing Club officially launching their new powerboat section within the club by hosting the RYA Powerboat Scotland Cruise on the Forth. This event will see boats and jetskis coming from across Scotland and maybe further a field for a day of fun on the water.

The Zapcat team / Scottish Zapcat dealer, Scottish Wild Catz will be bringing down some Zapcats from Cruden Bay for a demonstration in the bay, and a RNLI Sea Safety Team will be present on the day offering Sea Checks and General Safety information.

The aim of the new Powerboat Section at the club is promote safe & responsible powerboating through training and organized cruises throughout the year.

One member said “ The Firth of Forth can be a very daunting place for a lone powerboat, and being a part of an organized cruise gives us confidence to go further field , with the knowledge we have support if something goes wrong”.

The new Powerboat section has already organised RYA VHF courses, RNLI Flare Demonstrations and a very successful RYA Sea Survival course which had 16 people from all over Scotland including Yachtsmen and a representative from the Falklands Island Government, being taught what to do if unfortunate enough to need to abandon ship.
EESC will be providing Powerboat courses and various other training and events throughout the year.

The new powerboat section at Elie & Earlsferry S.C proves that powerboats can co-exist with a sailing club, in fact the powerboat section will be supporting various major events on the Forth this year including the 80th Anniversary of East Lothian Yacht Club Regatta, the following weekend, and providing Marshalling for The Round Britain Powerboat Race 2008 when it completes the Inverness to Port Edgar stage and sets off again to Newcastle on the last weekend of June.

If you wish to find out any more information on any of the events please visit the clubs website http://www.eesc.org.uk or email: powerboating<@>eesc.org.uk

Reference websites:
www.eesc.org.uk
www.scottishwildcatz.com
www.ryascotland.org.uk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LW-07-ZapcatWGB2_215.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	16132  
Old 27-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #6

Remember Scott plenty photo's so that i can see what i've missed

gaZ
Old 27-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #7

will do gaZ - unfortunately the Zapcats have cancelled at last muniute, but on the postive side the Zapcats are re-arranging to come down another weekend!

Looks like a trip to Isle of May , with Lunch stop doon at anster or cellardyke.

Hoping this North Eastery will go away! for the weekend!

S.
Old 27-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #8

Best make lunch at anster, cellerdyke aint got anything there but birdflu swans,
Anyway if the anster chippy is good enough for Charles and Camilla.

I'll be back about 14th June, weather here is fantastic 32-34C no NE winds here, Copacabana beach this Saturday, when we get time off

gaZ
Old 02-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #9

Sunday the 1st of June was quite a busy day down at the Elie Harbour. The club hosted the RYA Powerboat Scotland Cruise with boats coming from as far a Cumbernauild and people travelling down from Aberdeen to take part. And we had 3 boats arrived via water from North Berwick & one boat from Leith.

8 Boats & 4 Jetski's went for a cruise to Alterstones, Isle of May then to Anstruther for Lunch then the trip back to Elie. The conditions to Alterstones was quite tricky which lead to 2 boats going straight to Anstruther and one boat going straight back to Elie.

Everybody enjoyed the day, despite the weather.

Back at Elie we had the RNLI Sea Safety Team doing Sea Checks, they did a total of 4 Sea Checks.

One Boat Owner told me later " They could not understand why there was not a queue for this Sea Check, because this was one of the best things they have every done"

If anybody wants to get a sea safety check contact training<@>eesc.org.uk and I will put you in touch with The Sea Safety Team.

I would like to thank Tom Miller and his team for coming down and providing their time and expertise on the day. And the Anstruther Lifeboat team that provide there support during the event and extended their hospitality when we were in Anstruther.

The Powerboat Section will be organising similar cruises through out the year for members, and we are planning a Zapcat Demonstration day & maybe incorporating a Jetski Demonstration open to all.

Photos of the event can be found here

And thank you to all the people who help out on the shore on the day.

S.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	group_photo (800 x 143).jpg
Views:	234
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	16208  
Old 06-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #10

Looks like you guys had good fun and the water looks flat out past the lighthouse, reading above you were getting that nice big swell further out ,

Was that JW out there Scott in his RIB?

I fly back at the end of next week, if your out at Elie next weekend I'll catch up with you there, we'll be out testing props on Apache. (Sunday hopefully)

gaZ
Old 06-06-2008, 11:25 PM   #11

It was 8 to 12 foot waves at May Isle though!! The Jetskis loved it... we took shelter behind the island before blasting down to Anster.

Yes it was JW in his big rib, he came by sea to the event.

Am around both weekenks of the 14/15 and 21/22 running RYA Level II powerboat courses, Boats call sign "Puddleduck" and I will be dual watching channel 16 & M (37) when am out on water. I've got a VHF round my neck as well as my fixed set on boat.

Still have places on 14/15 course if you know anybody. You will find new newsletter on website.

Saturday I spotted 2 pods of dolphins around the light house.

Scott.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:21 AM   #12

I'll see you out there somewhere then.

gaZ
Old 24-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #13

Rb 2008

http://www.forthports.co.uk/ports/up...s/NtM62008.pdf

More info than i got via post
Old 24-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #14

Forth ports have done their homework very well

gaZ