Boatmad.com

Old 21-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #1

Levi / Souter

Lean II has been in my ownership for the last 23 years unfortunately she now has be to sold, she was designed by Sonny Levi and built by Souters in 1966 for Don Shead. She raced in the Paris 24 hour races in the inboard class by Don and Mike Beard (I have the original race reports and pictures). Long after the 24 hour racing ended she disappeared only to surface again in 1992 when I bought her from a guy in London who found her at Caversham Marina. He hoped to restore her but then realised he didn't have the skills required. After paying a ridiculous amount for her we brought her home and set about a ground up 6 year restoration (fully documented and photographed). She was relaunched in 1998 thereafter returned to racing, this time offshore but more as a show boat. After a few years of racing she was put on show at the Classic Boat Museum in Newport Isle of Wight. The museum then moved to new premises in Cowes which is her current home. When I originally took her to the museum everything was in running order, we've been over every year to clean, grease and turn the motor over always putting oil down the cylinders. The hull as can be seen in the pictures is still in lovely condition likewise the fuel system steering and ancillary equipment etc, all tip top. In 2013/14 a health issue put me out of action for a while, therefore we didn't go over to the museum until recently (which is when I took the pictures). Due to us not turning the motor over last year I couldn't manage to turn it over this time, although to be fair I didn't have all my tools with me and time was an issue. Nevertheless it didn't turn over. The drive seemed all good and I have 3 100 Series out drives, props and miscellaneous bits and pieces for spares or repair. The trailer is all good, I fitted new cross arms and bearings sometime before it went into the museum. It will need some new tyres at some stage, good tread just old. The engine is a Volvo
B18 with a 100 Series outdrive, she is 19 foot long. As I say everything was in full working order when it was put in the museum. A very difficult boat to value bearing in mind her past history and condition. I'm not looking for silly money, the main criteria is finding a buyer who appreciates her heritage and history and would keep her going for a good few more years. I wondered if anyone is interested enough to make me an offer, Please pm me for my contact details and full information on the boat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lean II.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	44827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lean II C.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	44828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lean II E.jpg
Views:	173