Boatmad.com

Old 25-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Stanex

Boat name: The Final Fling
Boat make: Ring 18
Engines: Suzuki 140hp
Cruising area: Lyme Regis to Dartmouth.

Ring 18 for sale - one owner and immaculate

Ring 18 - 140 HP Suzuki. “The Final Fling” For reluctant sale as the medical profession’s delight in burying me in instalments means I can no longer physically handle this vessel ashore, nor safely commit others to my care at sea. The boat was built by Mike Ring as a joint venture with Suzuki, c.1997, at which point it was intended to market a range of craft under the “Legend 18” brand. After use for a couple of photo-shoots that involved the vessel carrying specimens of female pulchritude the like of which I have been unable to attract since, strangely, she was up for sale and I bought her in 1998. Since then, she has been used for recreational skiing, and always washed down/run through with some care before being garaged. It is unlikely that at there is a Ring of her vintage available in like condition. As the fourth Ring I have owned, this one was adapted by Mike Ring to meet my personal needs, including converting the original bow fuel tank to be a bow-ballast tank, and fitting a dedicated SS fuel tank in the rear, with c.95 litres capacity. A ski-pole is fitted, and there are various seating configurations for 2-5 people depending on need. A SS boarding ladder gets the unfit on board, others hop over the side! She sits on a Roller-coaster trailer, with an upgraded winch and (rare for this type of boat/age) a set of brakes that actually work. A trailer-board + Prop-Bag complete the legalities, and a tonneau cover keeps the rain off on trips away. Performance-wise, she is not that fast - 55 is your lot towing a skier with a 21 inch SS prop - but her handling characteristics are superb. Given off-shore use a foot-throttle is essential - and fitted - and there are a host of extras available by separate negotiation, including about 70 litres of oil, sundry lifejackets, skis etc. £3,999. An exceptional 1966 SWB station-wagon Land-Rover, Galvanised chassis, V6 engine, overdrive, winch and many other goodies is also available for just £3,500 for anyone tempted, but lacking towing equipment. 01395 266098/01920 871579/ ed@stanex.net. Boat is in Exmouth, Devon. Loads of detailed photos to e mail to anyone interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Final Fling.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	38237  

Stanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Stanex

Boat name: The Final Fling
Boat make: Ring 18
Engines: Suzuki 140hp