Boatmad.com

Old 04-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #1

Boat make: Spectre 32CS
Engines: Twin Ilmor MV-10 625

Run Dry Impellers

Boating season is here so don't forget to service your seapumps.

Resilient Blue Impellars, THE ONLY IMPELLER IN THE WORLD THAT'S GUARANTEED TO RUN DRY FOR 15 MINUTES! Non swelling, shrinking, oil & solvent resistant, self lubricating, anti brittling, abrasion resistent, won't stick to pump housing, that performs in all enviornments, extending service life. OEM REPLACEMENTS FOR MERCURY, ILMOR, STERLING, KE-HARDIN, Call or e-mail to check on your application. mlandis@hmsracing.com / 704-905-0086 List for $50 our price $45.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Impeller D shaft.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	12563  

Nascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #2

Doesn't get a very good write up on OSO though.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I've sold over 100 personally over the last 6mos, no complaints, no returns! Depends on your application, stock power vs. Custom Hi Perf, sea strainers vs. non, salt vs. fresh etc, etc.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Here's a nice pair of Stock Merc Rubber Impellers. Won't see that happen w/ these.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Orig Impellers.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	12569  
Old 05-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Hi Nascat, a warm welcome to Boatmad.com.

We have a rule here, that commercial adverts are only allowed in the forums if the company/member is one of our advertisers, ie. they take out a banner ad with us.
It's very unfair on those who do pay, not to police this, as I'm sure you'll understand.

If you'd like to discuss advertising, you can PM me, or email me through the 'contact us' link at the foot of the page.

regards

Jon Fuller

PS. By the way, the impellors look good, I may well try a pair myself. Have you had any go into the Bronze Jabsco merc replacement pumps? and if so, have they been ok?

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
Hi Nascat, a warm welcome to Boatmad.com.

We have a rule here, that commercial adverts are only allowed in the forums if the company/member is one of our advertisers, ie. they take out a banner ad with us.
It's very unfair on those who do pay, not to police this, as I'm sure you'll understand.

If you'd like to discuss advertising, you can PM me, or email me through the 'contact us' link at the foot of the page.

regards

Jon Fuller

PS. By the way, the impellors look good, I may well try a pair myself. Have you had any go into the Bronze Jabsco merc replacement pumps? and if so, have they been ok?
JF,

Not sure I understand were I crossed the line w/ regard to the advertising so please elaborate as I aim to please!

With regard to the impellers I've had much success w/ both the Merc plastic housing as well as the Jabsco bronze.

Michael
Old 06-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
numbskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascat View Post
JF,

Not sure I understand were I crossed the line w/ regard to the advertising so please elaborate as I aim to please!

Michael

Ok, are you a member on OSO? Do you advertise with them?
If you're not an advertiser on OSO, and you post a commmercial punt like the ones above, it'll be gone by the next time you look at their forum.

Basically, if a commercial concern wants to use this website (or any other for that matter), to advertise, or further their business, it's only fair that they contribute to the costs of running the site. Those you see on here marketing their 'wares' do just that, in the form of taking out a banner ad with us. this also means they can run ads (like yours) within the forums.

If someone comes along and starts selling their products, or services on here without being a supporting member, those who do support (pay) would be well within their right to ask why.
I don't really see what would be so hard to understand about that.

JF

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Old 06-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #8

Interests: Petrolhead
Boat name: Wayne Kerr
Boat make: Phantom xl
Engines: Mercury 2.5, 200(ish)
Cruising area: Essex, Hampshire, Mediterranean

They may well run dry for 15 minutes ,,,,,, by then the rest of the powerhead will be in bits!
Wayne Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #9

Interests: boating, wakeboarding, snowboarding, fitness
Boat name: Outlaw
Boat make: Phantom 21ft
Engines: Yamaha 200hp
Cruising area: Zele / Kanaal Gent-Terneuzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
They may well run dry for 15 minutes ,,,,,, by then the rest of the powerhead will be in bits!
Me think you got a point there... !
but they can still be excellent impellors off course...
Toffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:45 PM   #10

Boat name: LILY THE PINK AND TERMINATOR 11
Boat make: PHANTOM 21 AND 20
Engines: 2.5 EFI X 2

There's a thread on s+f that says they don't pump as much water or give as much pressure as standard impellors.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
Wayne,

I believe one still has a responsibility to keep an eye on the gauges, idiot lites etc, etc.

No different than a rev limiter it's simply a form of added protection but since we are poking fun at one another do me a favor & start your boat up out of the water, hold it at wide open & let me know which holds up longer the engine or the impeller.

All kidding aside I get that one all the time. Some rather have an impeller failure instead of an overheating meltdown. I chose to have the best of both worlds by paying attention!

I think the advantage of the impeller is it's built in lubricity which protects against dry starts as well as it's flexibilty or tear resistance.

Ultimately boaters are being provided an option no different than mineral oil vs. synthetic. Some people think it's worth the extra $$ & others don't but I don't think they bash one another.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Ok, are you a member on OSO? Do you advertise with them?
If you're not an advertiser on OSO, and you post a commmercial punt like the ones above, it'll be gone by the next time you look at their forum.

Basically, if a commercial concern wants to use this website (or any other for that matter), to advertise, or further their business, it's only fair that they contribute to the costs of running the site. Those you see on here marketing their 'wares' do just that, in the form of taking out a banner ad with us. this also means they can run ads (like yours) within the forums.

If someone comes along and starts selling their products, or services on here without being a supporting member, those who do support (pay) would be well within their right to ask why.
I don't really see what would be so hard to understand about that.

JF
JF,

Here's the deal staright forward! Globe makes a unique product that I had been in search of for months. They simply don't market their impellers, couplers or engine mounts very well. Once I found them for my personal use I decided to take it upon myself to post threads / classifieds on OSO, Boatfreaks, Speedwake & Boatmad w/ the hopes I was assisting my fellow boaters since you can't buy direct & no one really stocks them. Believe me I have a day job & I'm not getting rich by any means, moreso a hobby / providing a service to others. If this offends / violates the rules of this board then just "POOF" my thread as you won't offend me. I was simply trying to share my experiences w/ others. I'm just a private individual offering something that I thought others might benefit from, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm new to this board & I'm not sure if you are the founder, the mayor or administrator but you might try a friendlier approach to explaining minus the smart remarks! I asked for an explanation because I honestly didn't know I don't remember asking for your view on why I did or didn't understand your question. Which part of I aim to please didn't you get?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #13
numbskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascat View Post
JF,

Which part of I aim to please didn't you get?

Yes, I'm the 'founder', for want of a better word.

I thought my comments were perfectly polite & friendly. You appear to be 'on gaurd', maybe this is not your first run in with forum admins huh.

As for 'Smart Remarks' It appears YOU'VE cornered the market with that one!

The world is full to the brim with philanthropists like yourself.

The run dry impellers have been available here (UK), through Team KPM racing for some time, so I'm not sure where you're coming from with the 'unavailable to the common man' thing.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #14

That's the first time you've used a word I had to check its meaning (I got confused with stamp collectors)
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #15
jw.

Interests: Hole maker
Boat make: Humber Ocean Offshore
Engines: KAD 300/DPX

Old 08-05-2007, 02:20 AM   #16

JF,

You are the boss so feel free to delete my "Trading Post" for the Run Dry Impellers. My only intention was to make available what was most difficult to find in my neck of the woods. To be honest I've been to your site several times via friends that sent me video links & at the time I made the posts for the impellers & my boat I had no idea this was a UK based forum. Nothing wrong w/ that but obviously shipping for the items would be cost prohibitive when compared to buying them in the UK assuming they are available there. Upon realizing this I almost deleted it but upon surfing your boards further I saw that you did infact have some USA membership. Bottom line is that if 1 person benefitted from my posts UK or USA based then it was worth the time it took to post it.

As for KPM Pumps I had a pr & they were advertised as a Run Dry Technology type sea pump but they didn't have these Blue Run Dry Impellers in them they came stock w/ the std rubber Merc impeller. The pump itself was supposed to be able to run dry since it was a powder coated CNC billet body which reduced friction & heat build up. The blue impellers don't perform well in the KPM pump b/c the KPM is not only smooth but I believe the diameter or crush tolerance is less so the combination of their pump & the blue impeller isn't a very efficient one.

Is KPM even in business anymore? The word here is KPM went belly up leaving a bunch of angry boaters who spent big $$ for their pumps & can't get any parts!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:43 AM   #17
numbskull

OK, so as a philanthropist, was is your connection/relationship with Hendrick Motorsports?

Old 08-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #18

Quote:
OK, so as a philanthropist, was is your connection/relationship with Hendrick Motorsports?
Ok I don't remember mentioning that i had any connection but the answer to your question would be #24 / 48 Team Mgr.