Boatmad.com

Old 23-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #1

SKI NAUTIQUE for sale

1990 Ski Nautique £8250
For sale is my much loved Ski Nautique.
For anyone who knows about wakeboarding, this is the perfect setup!
She is powered by a silky smooth Pleasure Craft Marine 5.8 v8 (Ford Windsor 351) through a velvet drive gearbox. The engine runs on LPG for cheaper days out! We had the same boat a few years ago that would do a full tank of fuel (100 liters) in around 3-4 hours at the cost of around £120 (at the time), now a full tank is around £70 and this lasts for at least 2x 3hr sets which makes for some cheap fun days out!
Last year I completely overhauled the whole boat and trailer at the cost of around £3000, doing all the work myself (all pics available). Firstly I took the engine out and cleaned it all up, replaced both exhaust manifolds and risers and exhaust hoses, repainted block and gearbox, painted rocker covers, new water pipes, cleaned up and painted pulleys, new starter motor, serviced engine – plugs, filters, belts, impellor, oil. She runs very well, starts easy every time, I’ve never had a problem. New Prop.
After completing the engine work I wanted the boat to match the engine so I stripped it down and started the overhaul. I wet sanded the whole hull and dash and polished her up, renewing the graphics and repainting the windscreen, she looks stunning! Polished the Fly High tower and rewired the lights and speakers. There are 5 halogen lights which provide night riding light and also give you vision in front for those late evening sessions. The 4x Polk marine speakers on the tower were refitted after I painted the enclosures to match the boat.
Next was the electrics, I wanted a better charging system for the sound system, lights etc so I fitted a split charging system and battery master switches, all in one unit. This allowed me to relocate the battery, amps and power cap for the sound system under the bow, nice and neat. I built a new foot board (drivers) which incorporated an amp rack and the second battery, all neatly carpeted and hidden from sight. Once I had installed the sound system, I set about renewing the dash panels, switches, wiring etc to all systems on the boat. At this time I fitted a 12v socket in the dash for charging phones/iPods or for use with FatSac pump to fill the ballast bags. Fitted new red/green bow navigation light.
After the boat was looking as I wanted, I stripped the trailer down, replaced the American Axle with a UK braked axle, painted the trailer black, wheels white, fitted new bearings and tyres and a new jockey wheel. Just need to refit the wheel arches. (pics are of a friends trailer whilst i was doing mine up)
Finally to keep all the hard work as it should be I had an overall boat cover made along with a new bimini cover, both in black.

Boat spec.
1990 Ski Nautique built by Correct Craft
5.8 Pleasure Craft Marine v8 on LPG
Fly High stainless wakeboard tower with 5x halogen lights and 4x Polk marine speakers
Stereo – Sony marine head unit with iPod connecter and 12v charging socket, 2x JBL 6x9’s powered by head unit, 4x Polk marine tower speakers powered by EDGE 4 channel amp, 12” Rockford Fosgate Punch sub powered by EDGE 2 channel amp, both boosted by 1.5 farad VIBE power cap.
Battery master switch incorporating a voltage sensitive charging relay, all new battery cables.
4x FatSacs giving approx 1200 LBS of additional ballast for that perfect wake! Includes 12v pump to fill/empty.
New overall boat cover and bimini cover.
American Ski Nautique trailer with UK braked axle, wheels, bearings, jockey wheel.
She is a stunning outfit that has given us lots of cheap, hassle free wakeboarding over the last 2 seasons. Now we want to upgrade to something a bit bigger and newer as we need the space for more people!
Call or email for further details, I have every picture of all work carried out by myself.
Call 07900 492500 or email chrisbsim@yahoo.co.uk for further details
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S73F7007.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	33716   Click image for larger version

Name:	S73F7009.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	33717   Click image for larger version

Name:	S73F7018.jpg