Old 18-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
Too many projects.....

Interests: Making things go fast....
Boat name: Top Gun
Boat make: Sunseeker Hawk 27
Engines: 2x Volvo Penta 5.7 V8s
Cruising area: South Coast

Sunseeker 27 Hawk For Sale

I'm not 100% sure that I want to sell her yet, but thought I'd test the water and see if there is any interest out there.

1989 Sunseeker Hawk 27

Larger option twin Volvo Penta 570 V8 5.7L petrol motors, (270hp each) linked to 290DP duoprop outdrives.

I bought this as a project beginning of this year and she only made it into the water in September. Still lots of finishing off to do, but that gives someone a chance to put their own stamp on the finished article.

Thus far I have:

Engines - new oils, new belts, cleaned and re-painted pulleys, new stb'd starter, new plugs, new HT leads, new dissy caps, new rotor arms, new electronic ignition fitted in the dissys, new main raw water circulation pumps, new impellers, new fuel filters.

Drives - new bellows, new trim indicators, new trim bushes, one new trim hose, new anodes, new gear oil.

New high capacity batteries x3
Re-furbished duo props by Hamble props x4
New stainless anchor 7.5kg
All anchor chain cleaned and painted depth marks
New friction-free gear and throttle cables
All antifouling removed back to bare gelcoat and new 3 coats of Tri-lux white applied
Entire boat detail polished to bring back a great shine on the gelcoat
New Sunseeker graphics on stern quarters
New engine bay auto fire extinguisher (in box not fitted)
New marine cockpit carpet fitted
New complete Jabsco sea toilet
New high-quality inlet/outlet seacocks and all toilet pipework
New electric bilge pump in engine bay
New bilge blower in engine bay
New complete fuel pre-filter housings and filters
New fuel pipe plumbing from pre-filters to engines
New black rubber insert to the rubbing strake all around
New fenders & mooring lines

Prior to my purchase, last year she had:
New exhaust risers and manifolds
New alternators
Re-con carbs fitted
New high-quality tonneau cover

The blue hull band is painted (the original hull was blue but tired), it's a pretty good job, few age-related marks but unless you're looking up close, you'd never know.
There is one missing stainless steel engine vent on the stb'd side (I removed, polished and re-fitted all of the others but one went missing in the process).
There is some gelcoat crazing in the topsides where the UV has taken it's toll. To be honest it doesn't bother me but better to be honest.
A previous owner had cut a hole under the throttles for easy access to do the cables, it needs a cover plate making up. (I was going to fit the charging lights into this (you can see them taped up in the pics ready to fit).
Cockpit upholstery is serviceable but if you were to eventually replace, it would make her like a new boat again.
Previous owner had removed the broken fridge and stuck a sub woofer in the hole, I was eventually going to replace the fridge but not purchased one as yet.
There are bits of wiring to tidy up, I haven't been through the 220v system (it has shore power and mains plugs in the cabin), not tested the TV, stereo works, dash gauges work, 3 battery isolators work, cabin lights works, LED cockpit lighting works, nav lights work, trim tabs work, power trim needs setting up, electric anchor winch works.

I have the original stainless framework for a camper cover, plus various sets of old canopies. Was going to have new covers made prior to use next season.

I'd be looking for around £17.5k, having spent a fair bit more than that since purchase. A nice of of these seems to fetch around £30k.

She's in the water on the Hamble River but I will probably have her out in the coming weeks for winter storage.

I'm not 100% sure that I want to sell her yet, but thought I'd test the water and see if there is any interest out there.

1989 Sunseeker Hawk 27

Larger option twin Volvo Penta 570 V8 5.7L petrol motors, (270hp each) linked to 290DP duoprop outdrives.

I bought this as a project beginning of this year and she only made it into the water in September. Still lots of finishing off to do, but that gives someone a chance to put their own stamp on the finished article.

Thus far I have:

Engines - new oils, new belts, cleaned and re-painted pulleys, new stb'd starter, new plugs, new HT leads, new dissy caps, new rotor arms, new electronic ignition fitted in the dissys, new main raw water circulation pumps, new impellers, new fuel filters.

Drives - new bellows, new trim indicators, new trim bushes, one new trim hose, new anodes, new gear oil.

New high capacity batteries x3
Re-furbished duo props by Hamble props x4
New stainless anchor 7.5kg
All anchor chain cleaned and painted depth marks
New friction-free gear and throttle cables
All antifouling removed back to bare gelcoat and new 3 coats of Tri-lux white applied
Entire boat detail polished to bring back a great shine on the gelcoat
New Sunseeker graphics on stern quarters
New engine bay auto fire extinguisher (in box not fitted)
New marine cockpit carpet fitted
New complete Jabsco sea toilet
New high-quality inlet/outlet seacocks and all toilet pipework
New electric bilge pump in engine bay
New bilge blower in engine bay
New complete fuel pre-filter housings and filters
New fuel pipe plumbing from pre-filters to engines
New black rubber insert to the rubbing strake all around
New fenders & mooring lines

Prior to my purchase, last year she had:
New exhaust risers and manifolds
New alternators
Re-con carbs fitted
New high-quality tonneau cover

The blue hull band is painted (the original hull was blue but tired), it's a pretty good job, few age-related marks but unless you're looking up close, you'd never know.
There is one missing stainless steel engine vent on the stb'd side (I removed, polished and re-fitted all of the others but one went missing in the process).
There is some gelcoat crazing in the topsides where the UV has taken it's toll. To be honest it doesn't bother me but better to be honest.
A previous owner had cut a hole under the throttles for easy access to do the cables, it needs a cover plate making up. (I was going to fit the charging lights into this (you can see them taped up in the pics ready to fit).
Cockpit upholstery is serviceable but if you were to eventually replace, it would make her like a new boat again.
Previous owner had removed the broken fridge and stuck a sub woofer in the hole, I was eventually going to replace the fridge but not purchased one as yet.
There are bits of wiring to tidy up, I haven't been through the 220v system (it has shore power and mains plugs in the cabin), not tested the TV, stereo works, dash gauges work, 3 battery isolators work, cabin lights works, LED cockpit lighting works, nav lights work, trim tabs work, power trim needs setting up, electric anchor winch works.

I have the original stainless framework for a camper cover, plus various sets of old canopies. Was going to have new covers made prior to use next season.

I'd be looking for around £17.5k, having spent a fair bit more than that since purchase. A nice of of these seems to fetch around £30k.

She's in the water on the Hamble River but I will probably have her out in the coming weeks for winter storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7465.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	49446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7463.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	49447   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7470.jpg
Views:	114