Boatmad.com

Boatmad.com (http://www.boatmad.com/forum/)
-   Model boats (http://www.boatmad.com/forum/f22/)
-   -   Engines (http://www.boatmad.com/forum/f22/engines-23847.html)

jason phillips 25-10-2013 09:16 PM

Engines
 
hi,

does any one know of a good place to buy 2 single Zenoah (1 counter rotating)

thanks

Jason

blackbeard 26-10-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason phillips (Post 241279)
hi,

does any one know of a good place to buy 2 single Zenoah (1 counter rotating)

thanks

Jason

hi try, millpondmodels
pmb
modelmarinesupplies
waveridermouldings

have had dealings with all and are very helpful

Sam1cats 26-10-2013 08:20 PM

The counterrotating motor Is only a different recoil And turn the barrel half around Press which models would be your best bet

Sam1cats 26-10-2013 08:21 PM

Model engine
 
The counterrotating motor Is only a different recoil And turn the barrel half around Press which models would be your best bet

jason phillips 26-10-2013 11:12 PM

thanks for the shop suggestions blackbeard, waveridermouldings seem to offer a good RCMK twin engine = just need to look into reliability

hi Sam1cats, i have not had a chance to look into it yet, but on top of what you have mentioned i would think it might need left hand thread on the crank - or i suppose it could be green 'lock tited' and kept an eye on.

thanks for advice

Jason

blackbeard 27-10-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason phillips (Post 241318)
thanks for the shop suggestions blackbeard, waveridermouldings seem to offer a good RCMK twin engine = just need to look into reliability

hi Sam1cats, i have not had a chance to look into it yet, but on top of what you have mentioned i would think it might need left hand thread on the crank - or i suppose it could be green 'lock tited' and kept an eye on.

thanks for advice

Jason

if you dont mind a couple week wait on postage try gizmo.com
i know thats where waverider gets his from.
rcmk seem to be a strong engine but dont kick out power they say.
millpond models build a rcmk bottom end with zenoah top and running gear, havent tried myself but heard good reports.
hope this helps mate
chris

OCRDA 28-10-2013 12:03 AM

Speak to guys from OMRA One of them was running a Pacer Cat with Twin RCMK setup at weekend very impressive !!

Racing Pirate 08-11-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason phillips (Post 241279)
hi,

does any one know of a good place to buy 2 single Zenoah (1 counter rotating)

thanks

Jason

Hi Jason, Zenoah don't make and counter rotating motor but RCMK make a great,strong,proper built counter rotating motor. Bruce @ Gizmomotors and other top engine builders can make a Zenoah counter rotating with a few mods. One of the mods would be having to use a belt pulley to start motor. Wont be able to you pull-starters. The RCMK make a purpose built CR motor. With billet aluminum and 4 bearing cases. Much more stronger than Zenoah. Dont get me wrong Zenoahs are still just as powerful when FULLY MODIFIED but not as strong in design. You can contact Mart at Waverider moulding as he is a dealer for RCMK. Gizmo is no longer associated with RCMK anymore,but does have parts and a few engines left over in inventory. Once that stock goes he will supply no more parts. But i have dealt with Mart also...great service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam1cats (Post 241308)
The counterrotating motor Is only a different recoil And turn the barrel half around Press which models would be your best bet

There are a few differences in the CR motors. Transfer ports in casings are cut on opposite side to match cylinder since cylinder is turned. Threads on crankshaft are counter rotated. Can use pullstarters,left and right hand pullstarters. Flywheel is counter-rotated in design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeard (Post 241320)
if you dont mind a couple week wait on postage try gizmo.com
i know thats where waverider gets his from.
rcmk seem to be a strong engine but dont kick out power they say.
millpond models build a rcmk bottom end with zenoah top and running gear, havent tried myself but heard good reports.
hope this helps mate
chris

RCMK's in stock form push out a lot more power than a stock Zenoah. MY full modified RCMK's have proven to me to be way more powerful than any full modified Zenoah i owned. My 28.5-RCMK K30's x3 (with std. 28mm cranks) turn bigger props than my Zenoah 29.5's x2 that i HAD (with. +1mm 29mm cranks). I love them since they come counter rotated from factory and are built stronger. Majority of the twin inlines that race in our r/c powerboat community are built by RCMK. Zenaoh don't make them either. Aot of guys even use the Zenoah cylinders on RCMK bottom end/casing (due to it's strength). My favorite race motor is the Quickdraw 29.5cc and 30.5cc motors...POWERHOUSEs...FAST and RELIABLE.

HAPPY R/C BOATING:)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.