Old 27-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #281
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Pippa broke a cushe-drive plate.
dunno about the others.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #282
Steve

Interests: Powerboat Enthusiast
Boat name: Orashi
Boat make: Shetland 21
Engines: 55
Cruising area: Solent

Magnum Marine, blown turbo on arriving at start line.

Nige, will try an upload some vids on you tube asap. Upload speed is crap at the moment

The start boat trip was worth every penny, thanks John, will be first in the queue if it happens again next year!

woottonwillis153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #283

Tony " Warhorse" probably junped too many high fences looking at those photos.... Respect
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #284

Boat make: Scorpion RIB

Any news on Hot Lemon?
Old 27-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #285
numbskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Oikari View Post
Blastoff blew a steeringhose.
I heard an engine belt wore through it.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Old 27-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by woottonwillis153 View Post
Magnum Marine, blown turbo on arriving at start line.

Nige, will try an upload some vids on you tube asap. Upload speed is crap at the moment

The start boat trip was worth every penny, thanks John, will be first in the queue if it happens again next year!
Can't wait! Please let us know on here or post links! Thankyou.
littlenige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
I heard an engine belt wore through it.
They deserve a bit of luck!!
Old 27-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #288

Interests: Powerboats,Commentating, Bikes
Boat make: None at the moment
Cruising area: Wherever I can get a ride !

John Mace Trophy

The John Mace Trophy was awarded to E-Lites - John Cooke(e) & co.
Martin The Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #289

Interests: Powerboats,Commentating, Bikes
Boat make: None at the moment
Cruising area: Wherever I can get a ride !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambles View Post
Any news on Hot Lemon?
The new owner of Hot Lemon, & the boat, did not show up.

Its original owner (Mike Deacon) was on safety boat duty in his Targa at portland.
Martin The Talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #290

What's he replacing Hot Lemon with ?
Another Scorpion ?
wickedtopspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #291

What are the Deacons replacing Hot Lemon with ?
wickedtopspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #292

Image Gallery Link for CTC

https://www.luvmyboat.com/gallery/sw...werboat/14098/
LuvMyBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #293
numbskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyBoat View Post
Some lovely shots in there

How would I go about getting a full size copy of the airborne shot of E47?

JF

Old 27-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #294

May I echo Sam's request:- any crew members got time to write a piece about their experience of the race? Would make a good read......
Old 27-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #295

Cruising area: Wherever I could if I had one

Many congrats Cookee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin The Talker View Post
The John Mace Trophy was awarded to E-Lites - John Cooke(e) & co.
Thank you to MartinTheTalker for the news, and
Many Congratulations to you Cookee & Co !

(With a bit of luck a photo from the prize giving might be possible at some stage ?!)

Thanks also to everyone who continues to make it all happen
SamMace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #296

Interests: power boats
Boat name: smokin aces
Boat make: x cat
Engines: mercs
Cruising area: lyme bay

dragon39

Smokin Aces Dragon 39

Didnt have a lot of time before the race for testing only tried 3 different props ,so didnt really know which were the best , the ones we used on the day we only tried in flatish water and didnt know how they would be in the rough !
so the race , the first muster was good no problems second muster not so easy spectator boats all over the place who even follwed us all on the yellow flag so start seemed like 50 boats plus , as the pace quickened and the swell grew they soon vanished ! green flag down and of we went into some lumpy waves the lead pack got away well our plan was to just finish the race and try to keep up with the pack if we could , boat went well through the rough but every now and again a rouge big one which would catch you out ,went tight to both headlands to avoid the wind and tides realised dean was just ahead of us on our starboard side and could still see the lead boats , the headlands had some nasty waves around them and struggled to get the props to bite , went towards weymouth for flatter water and able to increase the speed and get more from the props, ran up the back of portland which was very pleasant,expecting the bill to be rough but wasnt to bad started to take a bit of a line into lyme bay going down towards westbay to see if it was better it was a bit but knew we were behind and werent gaining enough speed to make it worth while so changed back on course for teighnmouth, conditions improved once in line with beer head and able to throttle it up some more and bring up the tabs ,still the odd wave would catch us out , had one senior moment and went airbourne and forgot to throttle off which my brother said do that again and ill stop steering shall i ??? as we got nearer to teignmouth it really flattened of and dean appeared on our port side slowing he gave thumbs up as ok ,then saw 2 rossters of the cliffs of dawlish and wondered why only 2 where were the rest , went for more up trim for more speed and realised the trim pumps had failed on both drives so drives stuck in neutral trim , oh well at least we had some speed for the run back , but we knew it wouldnt be flat for long , so tabs had to go down to settle the boat in the following sea which didnt make for a perfect ride but as lighter on fuel it wasnt to bad , now couldnt see any boats infront so just settled down and enjoyed the trip back to portland again getting more lumpy all the time just before portland saw jon and nick in swipes under way but slow portland was ok tabs had to go down more to keep it level and get some bite but it was ok waves getting bigger again on the headlands , guessed needles would be bad but wondered how it would be with drives up and tabs down and try not to stuff , there were some real big ones in the needles run hard to keep the boat running without the drives , then into the solent at last a bit of flat water and able to open the boat up again , chequred flag wow great to finish yipee into the harbour and had no idea we were 3rd until martin n told us even then we thought he was joking as it felt like we were alone out there !! really good race tough on the body but well worht it all .

A big thanks to john moore and all of his crew for putting it all on fantastic!!
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #297

Smile Great Race guys

Dealing with a few bruises ourselves from going out to two buoys via the needles fairway about an hour before the start. Had a nine metre rib standing on its tail in backless ocean style waves so congrats to everyone who took part cos we know parts weren't pleasant.
Managed to get to the bottom of a few stories ( we think - depends who you talk to). Giancarlo's driveshaft coupling was shaking itself to pieces so they stopped before the start. Hot Lemon had driven by sea from Oban in Scotland and met some really nasty stuff down toward the tip of Lands End so decided to call it a day. Mike Deacons boat is Hot lemon 6 - I suggested he get some electrical tape to make a VI on his latest yellow rib. Cookee's metal fragment should be made into a trophy - maybe we could call it the 'Pain in the Arse award'! ? Going Lean apparently went too lean when their fuel pump broke. Silverline were apparently ahead of the start boat so stopped to wait and couldn't restart their engine - I heard the batteries were flat. Biretta lost their life raft, though the photos I have show it was there at Two Buoys. Blast Off lost the belt on their power steering approaching two buoys but managed to keep going a bit further and then stopped. have a few other un verified stories but too many to mention here. Great race - congrats to all. H ope the press coverage was good for you. Had a lot of interest from Devon and heard there were a pile of boats at Teignmouth to watch.
LuvMyBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #298

Interests: lots
Boat make: scorpion 8.1
Engines: 250HO
Cruising area: solent

some real stunning boats in the pits... Smokin Aces really did do it for me, a stunning boat and a nice mix of muscle and beauty
glen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenige View Post
wonder what the ride in red jet was like out there?
Old 28-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyBoat View Post
Dealing with a few bruises ourselves from going out to two buoys via the needles fairway about an hour before the start. Had a nine metre rib standing on its tail in backless ocean style waves so congrats to everyone who took part cos we know parts weren't pleasant.
Managed to get to the bottom of a few stories ( we think - depends who you talk to). Giancarlo's driveshaft coupling was shaking itself to pieces so they stopped before the start. Hot Lemon had driven by sea from Oban in Scotland and met some really nasty stuff down toward the tip of Lands End so decided to call it a day. Mike Deacons boat is Hot lemon 6 - I suggested he get some electrical tape to make a VI on his latest yellow rib. Cookee's metal fragment should be made into a trophy - maybe we could call it the 'Pain in the Arse award'! ? Going Lean apparently went too lean when their fuel pump broke. Silverline were apparently ahead of the start boat so stopped to wait and couldn't restart their engine - I heard the batteries were flat. Biretta lost their life raft, though the photos I have show it was there at Two Buoys. Blast Off lost the belt on their power steering approaching two buoys but managed to keep going a bit further and then stopped. have a few other un verified stories but too many to mention here. Great race - congrats to all. H ope the press coverage was good for you. Had a lot of interest from Devon and heard there were a pile of boats at Teignmouth to watch.

Is silverline the same boat, i had it in my head it was a twin diesel fb open cockpit??