Old 06-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Dom DeLuise?

edit>

just checked. what a very sad day! He made me laugh a lot.

he died on the 4th. Aged 75

"First, you'll need a cape & a mask"

RIP Captain Chaos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	burtreynolds8.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	20238  

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
timtap

Interests: Photography, Real Ale .
Boat name: Shooters Too
Boat make: Scarab 22SC
Engines: Mercruiser 270hp
Cruising area: South West

Send a message via Yahoo to timtap
Dom DeLuise, the U.S. comic actor who gained fame on television and in movies such as "Blazing Saddles" and "Smokey and the Bandit II," has died at age 75. Skip related content
Related photos / videosFile photo of DeLuise and his wife Arther in Beverly Hills, California Enlarge photo File photo of actor Dom DeLouise in Beverly Hills Enlarge photo File photo of DeLuise and his wife Arther in Beverly Hills, California Enlarge photo DeLuise died Monday night at a hospital in the Los Angeles community of Santa Monica, his agent Robert Malcolm said.

"It's easy to mourn his death, but easier to remember a time when he made you laugh," DeLuise's family said in a statement issued by Malcolm.

No cause of death was given, but Malcolm said DeLuise had health problems including high blood pressure and diabetes.

In December 2008 the actor told TV show "Entertainment Tonight" that he had been fighting prostate cancer. "I'm still here. I'm 75 and here. I feel very blessed," he said.

Dominick "Dom" DeLuise was born August 1, 1933, in Brooklyn, New York. He began his career in movies and on TV in the 1960s, and he gained widespread fame on the Dean Martin Show as "Dominick the Great," a magician whose act routinely went wrong.

For a brief period in 1968, he was given his own TV program, "The Dom DeLuise Show," and he later proved to be appealing as a guest star in sketch comedy and other shows.

"I loved him from the moment we met. Not only did we have the greatest time working together, but I never laughed so hard in my life as when we were together," Doris Day, who starred with DeLuise in the 1966 movie, "The Glass Bottom Boat," said in a statement.

WORKED WITH BURT REYNOLDS

In the 1970s, DeLuise became a regular actor in Mel Brooks' comedies. He appeared in the wildly popular Western spoof "Blazing Saddles," as well as "Silent Movie," "History of the World: Part 1," and "Robin Hood: Men in Tights."

He also made films with Burt Reynolds, a major star at the time, including "The Cannonball Run" and its sequel "The Cannonball Run II."

"Dom always made everyone feel better when he was around. I never heard him say an unkind word about anyone. I will miss him very much," Reynolds told "Entertainment Tonight."

In the 1980s and 1990s, DeLuise worked on a wide range of movies and TV shows such as "Beverly Hills 90210" and "3rd Rock from the Sun," and he hosted a version of "Candid Camera" from 1991 to 1992.

His voice was used in animated programs such as "All Dogs Go to Heaven: The Series."

An avid cook, DeLuise wrote several cookbooks including "Eat This" and "Eat This Too!" In recent years, he appeared on the home improvement radio show "On the House with The Carey Brothers."

He is survived by his wife, Carol Arthur, and three sons, Peter, David and Michael, who work in the entertainment industry.