Boatmad.com

Old 01-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #1

Cunard merge with Aer Lingus

The new company, Cuna-Lingus will be a taste of things to come says Head of Marketing, Karput Burns.

"Consumers' tastes have changed over the last few years, and we don't want to beat around the bush in responding to them. The merger of a great airline and a world class shipping company represents a fantastic opportunity for those wishing a taste of the exotic. Cunard want to get away from the image of ships being run by salty old seamen, and staff them along the same lines as Aer Lingus."

Meanwhile, the airline side of the business is also due for a shake-up. It's not known whether the current company slogan ("I work for Cunard") will be adopted in the new company, or replaced by something along the lines of "I go the extra mile for Cuna-Lingus". Head of Human Resources at the new company was tight-lipped on this but did tell out reporter, "Please don't be premature. It would be hard on our current workforce if we were to just come out with a huge news-splash. An announcement will be made at the proper time and not too soon."

The Unions are also in negotiations to discuss their next move as it's understood that new recruits will have to pass 2 written and one oral exam before being allowed to serve on board ships or aircraft belonging to Cuna-Lingus. A spokesman told us, "This new company is playing with the futures of hundreds of staff, and we'd like to know if any of our members will be discharged as a result of this action. To lose one's job is a blow, no matter who you are". In reply, Mr Burns said that "For some companies, customer satisfaction is just a matter of taste, but for us, every single passage is unique, and should be treated as such. We don't intend to soft-soap the unions or pay lip service to good customer care. We are here to do a job amid stiff competition, and that's what we will do."

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

does anyone remember pamela stevensons take on this same spoof (not the nine oclock noows I think) that was 'Kind'a Lingers' or summat similar. cors, it was 25 years ago!

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #3

25 years ago I was mostly into camberwick green & trumpton.
In that respect, I've not changed that much really.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #4

Interests: Powerboat Racing and F1
Boat name: Fugazi II
Boat make: Phantom 18
Engines: Mercury 150
Cruising area: AYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
does anyone remember pamela stevensons take on this same spoof (not the nine oclock noows I think) that was 'Kind'a Lingers' or summat similar. cors, it was 25 years ago!
I do Jon, try utube its on there along with lots of other great moments from the series.

Takes me back to 1987 / 88 (cant remember the exact year) driving back with splitpin in his car after and OCR race in Cornwall listening to Hedgehog sandwich (for those who don't know that is the comppilation of some of the bits from the television series) - Great days !!!!
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #5

Interests: Refit/Re-engine Woody's P18 and helping with D2S.
Boat name: Fugazi II / D2S
Boat make: Phantom 18 / Planatec 41'
Engines: 1xMercury XR2 / 2x 8.1ltr Chevys
Cruising area: Kent/Hampshire/Dorset Coasts

I see they've moved Brixham then!!!! Oh, and it was 1986!!!! You really ought to get that altseimers sorted out!!!!

SplitPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
Chief C*nt!

Interests: Boats
Boat make: Other people's mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
does anyone remember pamela stevensons take on this same spoof
Always here to help: