Old 23-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

London Shite Hole

Transport for Fekking London,
I declare war on my birthplace & hope it rots to the ground. Been on Hold to pay the congestion charge for 15 mins then get though at 2 mins past midnight . Oh guess what its after midnight sir & you CANT Pay for Monday have a £120 fixed notice. But I get a £60 discount if pay within 14 days.
Now I have to buy a new bloody phone as the last one has impacted the kitchen wall at a very high rate of knots, & its taken a chunk out of the plaster.
Wheres the dog when you want to kick him !!!!!!! better still that nob Ken Living-fuknut.

They will miss my custom, It will got to anywhere but ......................

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 05:43 AM   #2

Interests: water sports
Cruising area: The bath

And your not the only one for sure.

Love it or hate it I think most people would agree that the way in which you pay the conjestion charge its biggest problem. It is a deliberate ploy to increase revenue from fines and to increase sales of mobile phones and prozac.

I always said that people needed more time to pay but no-one listened to me, not that I ever had anything to do with it of course...

Old 23-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daren View Post
And your not the only one for sure.

Love it or hate it I think most people would agree that the way in which you pay the conjestion charge its biggest problem. It is a deliberate ploy to increase revenue from fines and to increase sales of mobile phones and prozac.

I always said that people needed more time to pay but no-one listened to me, not that I ever had anything to do with it of course...
Couldn't agree more. Any other business would not be allowed to fine you within 6 hours of doing something. The system is appalling and if you ring them and ask have i entered the zone they can't give you an answer.

I run a private hire company and over they years we have all forgotten to pay.

What makes it worse the London private hire company's are exempt. Very difficult to compete on price when we take customers back in to London and forward the cost to the customer
hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #4

Interests: water sports
Cruising area: The bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunton69 View Post
if you ring them and ask have i entered the zone they can't give you an answer.
That's because the system stores the number plate details in text format, the still pictures and the video footage on 3 auto stacking hard drive systems (like a jukebox) so only 1 hard drive is actually in use and recording at any one time, during which the other hard drives are stored in a rack so they cannot retrieve info from the other hard drives and tell you if you're on the system.

At the end of the day the system dumps all the number plate details onto a Notepad text file (simple as that) and that then goes to the dept (not in london) that takes payments and issues fines. Then the system stores the pictures, formats and de-frag's the drives ready for the next morning.

Only when the main text fill is writen can you search for a particular number plate. You can also highlight that number plate of your friend or family member and delete it before sending it to the payment dept, not saying that ever happens of course.

Its a very good system and even if you cover your number plate with mud it can still read it, and if not it goes to manual reading where someone looks at the different hi-res images and works out the number plate details.

There is or was only one way to beat it, Belgian number plates. The cameras and infra red lights often produce images that are, or nearly are a complete white out so not even manual reading can determine the plate details.

But you did'nt hear that from me.
Old 23-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #5

Interests: PowerBoat Racing
Boat name: If Only
Boat make: Bernico F3 OCR, Bernico Prototype Inboard, and some Ribs
Engines: Yamaha Pro V 115
Cruising area: UK, France

How much is the fine if your number Plates had fallen off ??
Old 24-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

[QUOTE=BluFin;137192]Been on Hold to pay the congestion charge for 15 mins then get though at 2 mins past midnight . Oh guess what its after midnight sir & you CANT Pay for Monday have a £120 fixed notice. But I get a £60 discount if pay within 14 days.
QUOTE]

The *exact* thing happened to me, and I was so pissed off I went to challenge it.

I waited for the fine, wrote and told them that their system had not allowed me to pay. I enclosed a cheque for £8 for teh charge and said that in my mind this matter was settled. ( registered mail )

They then went through the process and ended up at arbitration.

I wen to newzealand house with a copy of the letter, phone bill showing the time I started my call and that was that.

I won.

I had attempted to pay within a reasonable amount of time ( WTFTIIJDK ) before the cutoff ( dont try with a phone bill 11:59:59 pm )

I also did not have to pay the £8 that I had offered, as theis was rejected by TFL so they lost the right to claim it.

DONT LET THEM WIN!!
verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #7

They still won (unlees you got compensation ) as you spent so much time it would probably been cheaper to pay

hunton69 is offline   Reply With Quote