Boatmad.com

Old 18-08-2005, 07:39 PM   #1

Occupation: yummy mummy/sales manager & waste management advisor
Interests: trying to get into scurry with the ponies, jetskiing and messing about in boats
Boat name: heap of junk
Boat make: seedoo crappy thing
Engines: 1800 when it works!
Cruising area: Ramsgate & Shoebury

Talking Party

I just thought that you would all like to know about the party in Yarmouth this weekend. There was supposed to be a poker run, but lack of boats means it has been cancelled. Due to the fact that it is late notice, there is a fun on the water weekend instead, people are taking their boats down, there is a rib transporting people from lymington and it seems that the party in the evening is going to be fantastic. There is live music, a bbq and camping on the beach and the bar stays open until the last person drops!! I have been asked to get as many people as I can to go but my OCR lot are still recovering from Ramsgate and our boats are not quite fixed. Maybe some of you lot who have been around a little longer could show us rookies how it is done, in preparation for us growing up into the bigger, faster boats!! Maybe we will see you there, for more info see the thundercat racing website or contact fiona pascoe. cheers xx

TreacleB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 10:33 PM   #2

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

It was never really a goer for me once i heard it finished on the Isle, with anchoring and camping on the beach, and I'm not really in to a packed lunch!

You'll have to come and give a "Drivers" poker run a go, much more fun!

Tony Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #3

Occupation: yummy mummy/sales manager & waste management advisor
Interests: trying to get into scurry with the ponies, jetskiing and messing about in boats
Boat name: heap of junk
Boat make: seedoo crappy thing
Engines: 1800 when it works!
Cruising area: Ramsgate & Shoebury

I would love to go to a driver's poker run, I just have to wait for my darling little treacle to be fixed cos it decided that a gap between deck and hull would be an idea, on the third lap whilst I was first overall in 'B' Class and beating several 'A' class boats, as a result, I had to pull out in front of my home crowd in Ramsgate!!! oh the shame! It was once back on dry land we discovered that my oh so wonderful boat has de-laminated itself in several places!! Still, any boating event is better than sitting at home, so I thought I would go and support the thundercats, plus it means I will be there a week early to get a good spot to watch you mad lot next weekend!!!

P.S I know my boyfriend will string me up for asking, but is a blow up cat really a proper boat?? there aren't even any seats!!!
TreacleB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 08:59 AM   #4
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally posted by TreacleB16
P.S I know my boyfriend will string me up for asking, but is a blow up cat really a proper boat??
The 'Cat' bit is OK!............

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote