numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Welcome 'Blue mist'.

Welcome to boatmad mate.

Anymore restorations planned yet?

Mr 'Blue Mist' did the most amazing re-build on a timber levi designed boat once raced by Don Shead a gazillion years ago ('Shead'->-'Lean II', get it?).
Tiz absolutely superb! he (blue mist) raced it a few times in basic races, including a horridly rough 'round the island' Cowes event, ..it took him a while, but he earned great respect for it.

It's in a museum now I think.

I'm assuming 'blue mist' is this person, based on his profile, so i could be wrong.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #2

Lean II

Nice to read your post - it brought back some great memories.

You are correct, Lean II is now in the Classic Boat Museum in Newport on the Isle of Wight and has been for 3 years, still in prestine condition and ready to go!!!

No restorations at present or planned. I don't think my marriage would cope with another restoration. Now involved with the Classic Motor Boat Association of GB. Great club - classic boat meets are held all over the UNK in the summer, mainly on lakes although one is held at the Dorset Lake Boatyard in Poole in October. My latest acquision is a Ray Wright designed and built Delta Sports totally original and one of the very last to be built. (1981) Only 13'10", runs a Ford Essex V6 inboard no gear box! prop shaft connects straight into the fly wheel via the bell housing. 140HP at the prop! good fun or what! Still have a passion for offshore though.
Blue Mist
Blue mist is offline   Reply With Quote