Boatmad.com

Old 20-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #1

Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

AquaVITE ski race boat

Still really keen to get our new ski-race model out racing and can do a very keen deal. We have one brand new boat ready to be rigged for Formula 2.

I will be taking the demo boat to Allhallows this weekend - if anyone wants to see her in the flesh. This version is slightly different but will give a good idea.

Adam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solent.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	19987  

Old 23-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #2

Interests: My Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Boat name: Retired
Boat make: Retired
Engines: Retired
Cruising area: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Still really keen to get our new ski-race model out racing and can do a very keen deal. We have one brand new boat ready to be rigged for Formula 2.

I will be taking the demo boat to Allhallows this weekend - if anyone wants to see her in the flesh. This version is slightly different but will give a good idea.

Adam
Your post says you will be taking the boat to Allhallows this weekend for a demo but there is no ski race this weekend, there may well be a power boat race but not ski racing!

dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #3

Very true - should have said will be taking the demo boat there for the powerboat race. Will be the first 'public viewing' of the boat and is pretty close to the ski race model - so if anyone is interested it maybe worth a visit if local.
Old 26-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #4

Interests: My Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Boat name: Retired
Boat make: Retired
Engines: Retired
Cruising area: London

Quote:
Very true - should have said will be taking the demo boat there for the powerboat race. Will be the first 'public viewing' of the boat and is pretty close to the ski race model - so if anyone is interested it maybe worth a visit if local.
Shame it didnt do more than a lap! what happened! and its to long the waterski racing
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza View Post
Shame it didnt do more than a lap! what happened! and its to long the waterski racing
Was a shame - the engine went into shut-down mode and would not
clear itself on re-starts.

The version at Allhallows does not measure for water-ski racing - BUT the Waterki version most definitley DOES measure - would hardly have built a boat that would not measure.

I think if you read my posts it makes it fairly clear that there are two different versions. You should have come over for a chat and would have happily explained - then you would not have posted an inaccurate post!
Old 27-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #6

Interests: ski racing
Boat name: hotshot
Boat make: cyclone 21
Engines: mercury 280
Cruising area: global

Quote:
Was a shame - the engine went into shut-down mode and would not
clear itself on re-starts.

The version at Allhallows does not measure for water-ski racing - BUT the Waterki version most definitley DOES measure - would hardly have built a boat that would not measure.

I think if you read my posts it makes it fairly clear that there are two different versions. You should have come over for a chat and would have happily explained - then you would not have posted an inaccurate post!
Adam, i thought those engines were delivery carton to start line no messing,
no running in, so perhaps it was something else than just newness. I did stop and look at your boat as we "HOTSHOT" were leaving on Saturday afternoon. I am just waiting for my "new" Cyclone to be rigged or i might well have given your design a go, it would be interesting to see if any one takes up your offer as no doubt it will require some developement and input rom a new owner.
Barry
Bazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #7

Saw Hotshot in the boat part and looked really good - all the best with your new boat too.

With our engine - common opinion seems to be that is most likely to be on the oil sensor side. Although they are pretty much all ready to go - they do run extra oil for the first ten hours. We actually had a low oil reading alarm when we launched (even when though the tank was full) and although it cleared it was really slow to pull and get onto the plane.

Hopefully will get the ski-race versiuon out there and I think it has a lot of potential -but yes liek all new boats will need some setting up. On the positive side when all set-up I think a (or at least some) stepped hull should work really as they really ride so level and in theory help to make the bow work and give a good wash.

Anyway we will see. I guess for the red boat the next race will be the Cancer Research at Poole - which will allow us to get a few more hours in! Also a bit more prop work (we were carrying far too much pitch for Allhallows, especially with those tight turns!) and get the bow tank connected.

Cheers
Adam
Old 11-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #8

Boat name: Apache
Engines: Black un

Is the AquaVITE running in the Cancer Research race Adam, wouldnt mind seeing it in the flesh,
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #9

Yes - going to enter the race - always a good event.

Hopefully will get a few more hours on teh engien by then. We have a demo booked for this week and then hopefully a bit more prop work etc.

Hopefully see you at Poole