Old 12-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #1

Interests: Le Mans Power Boats GOODWOOD Revival
Boat name: THUNDERBOLT 1961 COWES TORQUAY WINNER
Boat make: CHRISTINA 25
Engines: 2 5 litre Chevrolets total 440 hp
Cruising area: Solent

Hts

HTS win the SONNY LEVI TROHY 2013

In the space of 18 months COPC member Nick Wilkinson has performed a miracle with the remains of the multi race winning hull of HTS / Apache which had been rescued by previous owner David Hagan from the forclosure of the Basildon Powerboat Museum.
Secret negotiations between Nick and David resulted in the Don Shead designed HTS being purchased and restored to high standards by Nick and his team with the aim of entering the aborted 2013 Cowes Monte Carlo Marathon.
With substantial input from her original engineer Mike Bellamy and with new engines supplied and fitted by Perkins, Nicks dream came to fruition in June this year when the transformed craft took part in the 2013 mini marathon from London to Poole via the Channel Islands. She is now ready for her greatest adventure in the 2013 edition of the CTC where she first appeared back in 1969.
Such was the enthusiasm Nick has endowed into this project that it was concluded quite rapidly that he and his team should be the recipients of the unique
“ SONNY LEVI TROPHY ” I am sure all club members and the offshore powerboat world as a whole will feel that this is one of the most deserved winners of the trophy.
Congratulations to Nick and everyone who brought this famous offshore craft back to life!
Mike James
COPC

THUNDERBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #2

Interests: Powerboating, Squash, Running, Horseracing
Boat name: FAT BOY
Boat make: Cougar 27'
Engines: EVINRUDE G2 300
Cruising area: Orwell, Harwich, East Coast

Send a message via AIM to Childsy
Hts

Very well deserved.
I'm gonna be picky now, i followed the thread on the rejuvination of this classic boat....but i was ever so slightly dissapointed with the finished paint scheme, the sky blue was put on the deck but not on the hull, i am very intrigued as to why this colour was not continued through to the hull especially as this boat won the London-Monte Carlo in the Sky Blue livery. It's just an opinion of mine thats all, i used to watch this boat back in the 70's compete very successfully in class 2 even though i only really remember it vaguley in the Sky Blue livery, i remember it well in the 555 APACHE livery. I would truly love to see this boat in the full Sky Blue with white band livery again and then i would say "Job Done, an absolute British Offshore Legendary vessel restored to it's original specification"
Said that the boat still looks fantastic.
Childsy is offline   Reply With Quote