Boatmad.com

Old 27-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #1

Interests: Music Cars Boats
Boat make: Delta 25
Engines: 5.7 v8
Cruising area: South coast

Levi Delta 25

Hi Just Bought a Delta 25 off Ebay which is in a horrendous state to restore...
Id like to know if anybody knows any history about this boat... all i know is it was originally yellow, it had a mercruiser alpha leg and a ford v8 attatched to it (which has now fossilised ) the interior had galley to stbd and a cupboard/heads to port... it has obviously been sat for some time full of water as none of the interior, bulkheads or stringers have been salvagable any ideas let me know thanks !

EdBence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #2

Interests: Powerboat racing
Boat name: Vodkatini,Cap Camarat,Easy RiderSuper Rider & Hirrondelle
Boat make: Phantom 21,Jeaneau 925 Avenger19.Lorne Campbell Slipstream Tremlett 21.Tigershark 21
Engines: Volvo 5 litre,Merc 115 Tower,Twin 250 Suzukis and 145 Mercruiser LX
Cruising area: Channel Islands and French coast

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread....ighlight=delta
Hopefully that should link into Delta 25 articles on boatmad.
You could do a search once logged in for the same
A very sexy boat !

Old 27-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #3

Interests: Restoration
Cruising area: Channel Islands & northern French coast

Just as soon as I've finished the Hunton I'm going to start the Delta 25 or maybe the Avenger 19 or the Coronet 21 or...

Keep smilin
Coronet Kip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdBence View Post
Hi Just Bought a Delta 25 off Ebay which is in a horrendous state to restore...
Id like to know if anybody knows any history about this boat... all i know is it was originally yellow, it had a mercruiser alpha leg and a ford v8 attatched to it (which has now fossilised ) the interior had galley to stbd and a cupboard/heads to port... it has obviously been sat for some time full of water as none of the interior, bulkheads or stringers have been salvagable any ideas let me know thanks !
Have a look on boatshed,the delta i bought used to be on there. There's some pictures of the interior and helm ignore the dark mahogany thats all gone now.i saw your delta on ebay looks like plenty of work, worth doing though these are great boats good luck.
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #5

http://www.boatshed.com/delta_25-boat-17145.html
Old 29-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #6

Delta 25 images

Take a look at the Classic Rally 2012 picture gallery, https://picasaweb.google.com/1010338...sByRoyRoberts#
Threr you will find some some pictures of my Delta 25 Sheherezade it is fully restored and all original.
There is also some video footage on the Classic Rally 2012 thread.
I have a load of pics taken during restoration let me know if there are any details you need pic's of.
By the way have any of you delta owners have an original hood frame I could use as a pattern???
amott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #7

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amott View Post
Take a look at the Classic Rally 2012 picture gallery, https://picasaweb.google.com/1010338...sByRoyRoberts#
Threr you will find some some pictures of my Delta 25 Sheherezade it is fully restored and all original.
There is also some video footage on the Classic Rally 2012 thread.
I have a load of pics taken during restoration let me know if there are any details you need pic's of.
By the way have any of you delta owners have an original hood frame I could use as a pattern???
Hi thanks for the replies... I do actually have a brand new unused hood frame which came with mine... the only salvagable part :/ so if you need to borrow it thats fine... the only thing i cant get my head around at the moment is that the windscreen frame is rotten as is the rubbing strake so i Know it wouldnt be original but i was thinking of using an aluminium frame if anybody knows any suppliers, The interior i was going to use birch ply and laquer it maybe some sapele trim either that or use the lightweigt stuff they use in motor homes, I think there is too much to do to try and fool anybody that its all original. the other thing is that there was a blue delta 25 on boat shed who put in a hatch to the anchor locker which seems like a good idea id be interested in how that was done so that it looked good... but for now back to glassing in bulkheads :
Old 29-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #8

For mine, as I feel that the aluminium trims don't look right, I'm having the wood replaced. Like yours its rotten. The rest of the wood work isn't too bad just a couple of soft panels inside and a couple of holes

Someone on here has fitted a 300hp V8 in theirs...would like to know how well that goes
Old 29-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #9

v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronet Kip View Post
For mine, as I feel that the aluminium trims don't look right, I'm having the wood replaced. Like yours its rotten. The rest of the wood work isn't too bad just a couple of soft panels inside and a couple of holes

Someone on here has fitted a 300hp V8 in theirs...would like to know how well that goes
Just bought a mercruiser 5.7 v8 for mine (GM Smallblock) needs a bit of work but nothing insumountable i would think it will shift ! i had a sealine s21 with a 4.3 merc and that was pretty good 40mph no problem !