RYA 2011 NATIONAL MARATHON CHAMPIONSHIP ALL CLASSES
......... Are you interested in finding out more about the series?
Marathon meeting to be held on Saturday 5th February at 10.30am – At Drivers Dry Berthing, Drivers Wharf, Northam Road, Southampton, SO14 0PF – in the Voom Voom Unit.
Come and discuss, put your point across and meet...
• The RYA Powerboat Manager – Mr John Puddifoot
• Discuss the proposed calendar for 2011
RD 1 May 28th & 29th ORDA Torquay – Guernsey – Torquay
RD 2 June 18th & 19th RMYC Cancer Research and Needles Trophy
RD 3 August 26th BPRC Cowes 100 – 1st heat of the UIM Marathon World Cup
RD 4 August 28th BPRC Cowes – Torquay – Cowes 2nd heat of the UIM Marathon World Cup
RD 5 Sept 17th & 18th UKOBA Weymouth
• Marathon 2011 Rules
• Join the Drivers Club – the voice and concerns for Marathon boats (new members for the committee wanted – fancy forwarding the class?)
• Presentation and meet the Clubs that are organising the events... give them your views on how to make your race enjoyable and exciting – what do you want?
• New section on ‘Boatmad’ designated to Marathon Class only – for information, results, gallery, race instructions, social events to be launched this will be access only no forum in this section.
• New ideas to be discussed for 2011:
The championship will consist of 5 rounds – the best 4 results from each boat will go forward thus giving flexibility to those who can’t make one of the rounds – or do them all and have a ‘Get out of Jail – Free’ card in case you break down.
The RYA have confirmed that there has to be 2 boats in a class to classify as a National Championship therefore in Marathon as there are so many classes and some with only 1 boat at present – John Puddifoot has suggested that a Handicap could be good to give an overall trophy for the Marathon Class thus all boats have an opportunity to compete. (National Class championships would still happen)
Looking forward to seeing you all whether you wish to compete or assist in the coming season...
(Assisting with forwarding the sport)
Tel: 07795618701 Anyone wishing to attend please confirm. Thank you.