Boatmad.com

Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
v8.

Engines: V8

20 is an 18, & 21's are 20/18's?!!!!

Hi, just thought i would ask you guys why alot of boats for sale allways say the boat is bigger than it really is, now i am no real expert but i feel i know my boats as had a few over the years and know how they look in respect to the sizes...roughly!

But i am starting to doubt myself as so many say different things for different sizes!?...and boy they dont like it when you have to say after you have travel all the way to see it and then say "thats a 18, or thats a 20"....

So will you guys please have a look at these two boats and give me your opinions on what REAL sizes they are..getting tired of peoples claims!

IMHO i beleive the red Ring is a 18, and the white Ring a 18 too, maybe a 20, but i just dont think so?!, looking at the shape, dash, rear top sides, moulding to the deck, lines and so on, but advertised as 20 and 21. this really gets my goat! as if you didnt know you could be drawn into buying something thats not quite what you think your buying!, thankfully i have done my homework with your help here and pretty much know whats what now...but still your input is welcome, i am not trying to start a war but just feel like if i am buying a boat i want to be sure its what i am buying! if that makes sence...Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0b8f_3.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	17069   Click image for larger version

Name:	7782_3.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	17070   Click image for larger version

Name:	9e4a_1.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	17071   Click image for larger version

Name:	a3d9_1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	17072  

v8. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #2

Boat name: On The Rocks
Boat make: Ring 21 marshan 17 four winns horizon, hydro 3 pointer, f2 cat, backdraft 22
Cruising area: Way up norf and Sarf coast areas

I would have thought the 2nd one is an 18 as well looking at the 3 x 2 slabs on the path next to it.
6 X 3 was 18 when i was at school.
Where's that calulator again

gaZ
gazza is offline   Reply With Quote