Hi all

Just wandering whether anybody has had any bad dealings with this
Company!! We ordered a reman 5.7 long block to replace a Volvo
Gxi which we told him had to have the 1.6 roller tip rockers on and
It arrived with out and told us it didn't matter, we proceeded and
Changed the rockers over to ours, when the engine arrived it looked
Like it had been run as there was probably 1 litre of dirty oil in and
What was left of a manifold gasket!! After running time to run the engine in
While having problems with the engine causing hassles during this process and many conversations with these guys and testing all of components with a Volvo technician at a cost of many hrs and £100s we took the engine and had it stripped only to find that the engine had been massively over fuelled at some stage and all bearings, bores, crank ect. Ruined and the engine is now only good as an anchor!!! They are refusing to admit that the engine had been run previously! The manufacturing company say they do not run the engine in factory and now are out of pocket for sum of about 3k!!!! Any feed back welcome, kez

Old 15-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
Moose

Interests: Winding up Donkeys
Boat name: Venom
Boat make: 1990 Phantom(what else)21
Engines: Mariner 225 opti
Cruising area: Channel Islands/France

I've dealt with 'Hank' for over 25 years now and never had a problem that he didn't deal with professionally. Lets face it we all come across problems from time to time - as the old saying goes 'it's not IF it's WHEN'!
Hank is the person I call when I don't know the answer to a problem - would recommend him all day long. Sorry to hear you've had a problem - I must say I'm surprised.

Hope you get it sorted

Dave.

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #3

Interests: Staying Alive
Boat make: Crusader 16
Engines: Merc B/Port 2.4 EFI
Cruising area: Back Garden

Brace's Been Cut !

Looks like you have met a unsavoury "hand rapist" but you bought in the UK so OFT will take this up, "he's screwed". Now his supplier in the USA and, "you will need to find" the name, county and state of the origin of the purchase for the anchor you now have. OFT will get into the books and should be able to supply the purchase supplier for this. Then you contact the local Assayers office for that county and put your case to them in writing. In goes the IRS and you will have the satisfaction of knowing that this original supplier will now have all his possessions seized as he will have de-frauded the USA Tax Man, and the tax debt will be cleared by the sale of these possessions at auction. I.E. the possessions are put on sale for the Tax debt owed. Owes $10,000 tax, any USA citizen can buy his house for that or business or pickup, trailer etc. He gets a nice photo and a record. He cannot clear the debt by paying on the spot, but he can buy back his original stuff if it has not sold when he comes out & he has enough in the bank or someone lends the cash ( got to be some mate for lending). OFT should get your money back and the USA scenario will give you satisfaction, takes around 2 years though.
Geoff Hauser Racing in Northampton is the guy to go to for Bow Tie Motors, he is Niagra Falls for anything Bow Tie, does all the ASCAR series motors, "shut up listen" and enjoy what you want, he has "been there" "won it" " seen it " " got the T shirt" and now young "Scott" wins because Dad knows what he's doing.
If you have your old motor still, "Geoff" will be able to sort it for you and you won't need trouser brace's.
Hope this helps & yes we do not live in a perfect world.
Drag Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 10:59 PM   #4
Kez

Boat name: Diablo racing v8
Boat make: V24
Engines: Volvo penta 5.7

Angry

Thanks guys!!!!

Engine is on its way back to supplier, can't see this sorted though, the American supplier has agreed to and instructed the UK supplier to give us a refund on receipt of the engine and is still arguing saying either its a warrantee issue or
It's our issue which he will decide when he's had an independent survey done!! We know the engine is fxxxxd! The Point is 1 it was the wrong engine supplied and 2 the engine was run before we ran it!!
Old 24-10-2015, 07:33 PM   #5
topgun

Interests: Boats/bikes/Black label
Boat name: Flash Back/Avenger/Anchor Management
Boat make: Sunseeker San Remo/mini cougar/Cougar cat 25/Avenger 21
Engines: San Remo 2x Volvo 5.7 v8/mini cougar Yamaha 25/Cougar 2x twin spark Yam V6/Avenger has volvo 300v8
Cruising area: C.I.Waters

Could you get a price on the new 350 then you are legal before the change comes in!
topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #6
Kez

Boat name: Diablo racing v8
Boat make: V24
Engines: Volvo penta 5.7

Well it appears we certainly got raped by this man and he put in dry!!! Not
Only are we out of pocket for the best part of £3k he wants to charge us
Another £490 before he will send our anchor back!!! Please be warned gentlemen!!!!
Old 17-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #7
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I've dealt with 'Hank' for over 25 years now and never had a problem that he didn't deal with professionally. Lets face it we all come across problems from time to time - as the old saying goes 'it's not IF it's WHEN'!
Hank is the person I call when I don't know the answer to a problem - would recommend him all day long. Sorry to hear you've had a problem - I must say I'm surprised.

Hope you get it sorted

Dave.
I've also known Hank a long time - in fact long before American Marine - thinking about it almost 40 years which means I may be a little biased - I have had a lot of dealings with him as BananaShark and personally and always been happy - just saying!

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote