Old 30-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #41

Interests: Vodka sampler
Boat name: Comanche Spirit
Boat make: Comanche 36
Engines: 800 HP
Cruising area: Atlantic Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToll View Post
You are right I bought her earlier this year, she runs well but needed a fair bit of work before we launched her here in August.
Best of luck! I will miss seeing that Apache on our coastline.

Comanche3Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #42

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

An interesting thread from offshoreonly discussing their relatively high prices, and liking them to a classic car... not forgetting their legendary sea keeping ability, it certainly appears that owners appreciate their heritage, they certainly are lovely boats and I can appreciate their appeal if you can afford to keep one in the manor to which it should be kept, for me thou I think the all time legend is cesa the FB boat with only one in existence and having watched this boat years back pulverise every thing it came up against in the extreme rough or the very calm this is it, soon to make an appearance near you in the RB08...now where's my lottery ticket

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=170981

As a thought would not the 41 CUV boat give a commanding performance in the rough against any other mono from years back to present day

Old 14-10-2007, 02:12 PM   #43

Where do you find a 41 CUV for sale?
MikeOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #44

I know I have read before on here that they are becoming as scarce as rocking horse s...t, but it is shocking in the 80's just before the cat explosion they were piled 10 high at races like Guernsey
Old 28-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #45

Interests: Boating, Shooting,Fishing
Boat name: Oklahoma / Project Racing Team
Boat make: Aqua Star 33 - a tug!
Engines: Perkins Sabre 300
Cruising area: Round Britain

My sources tell me there's an Apache 41 Bowrider on the loose in the states....anyone got any pics??? Apparantly, its beautifully done with twin 900 cheifs....but will prob end up life as a banana!!!! Who could mutilate such a ledgend of a boat???? What a sad day!
Old 28-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #46

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
An interesting thread from offshoreonly discussing their relatively high prices, and liking them to a classic car... not forgetting their legendary sea keeping ability, it certainly appears that owners appreciate their heritage, they certainly are lovely boats and I can appreciate their appeal if you can afford to keep one in the manor to which it should be kept, for me thou I think the all time legend is cesa the FB boat with only one in existence and having watched this boat years back pulverise every thing it came up against in the extreme rough or the very calm this is it, soon to make an appearance near you in the RB08...now where's my lottery ticket

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=170981

As a thought would not the 41 CUV boat give a commanding performance in the rough against any other mono from years back to present day
Personally I would just love to see a couple of Apaches and 2 or 3 CUV's come out against CESA in the RB08 to give Fabio a run for his money especially if they were being run by some of you young bloods with some fire in your belly's and a steely determination to keep the no 1 RB Trophy here in the UK. I have already told Fabio that there are several pretenders to his crown coming out just to give him a hard time and all he did was smile! However, knowing the old Fox he will have some tricks up his sleeve. As you say, some money should be put on this but the odds are stacked in my opinion. A side bet on Tony Toll in his Apache or Andy MaCateer in his big RIB might be an option but when are the BIG players going to show their hands for the RB08? There's loads of talk going on and it's all about RB1 & RB2 but "they" haven't got much time left if they are really serious.
ML.
Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #47

As ever in an endurance event it comes down to reliability, and the old fox as you say has an advantage in that old mono with its 4 engines, if propped down so it can run almost as quick on 3 engines the biggest issue is solved, the CUV will have to counter with very unstressed diesel turbo units unlike the power seen by the Isotta's in Wettpunkt and Kerecoll at 940hp each thereby having to suffer a large reduction in outright speed and the same goes I fear for the Detriot iron guys, these units I would imagine will have to be kept some 1000rpm below their max rpm to gain reliability but in doing the fox will have far greater speed, however these are just my thoughts and I look forward to all ML hard work with a fantastic race to watch and enthral the next powerboat generation
Old 28-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #48

Oh forgot to ask a question to all the people in the know...how was it that all the CUV's bucked the boat building trend and were built in alu, as most other boats were nearly always built in glass for racing, and if they had been they would no doubt all still be knocking about???
Old 28-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #49

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
As ever in an endurance event it comes down to reliability, and the old fox as you say has an advantage in that old mono with its 4 engines, if propped down so it can run almost as quick on 3 engines the biggest issue is solved, the CUV will have to counter with very unstressed diesel turbo units unlike the power seen by the Isotta's in Wettpunkt and Kerecoll at 940hp each thereby having to suffer a large reduction in outright speed and the same goes I fear for the Detriot iron guys, these units I would imagine will have to be kept some 1000rpm below their max rpm to gain reliability but in doing the fox will have far greater speed, however these are just my thoughts and I look forward to all ML hard work with a fantastic race to watch and enthral the next powerboat generation
You are very kind and also you are absolutely on the button as most will agree with regard to Fabio's tactics. From the very beginning I have been working on getting a film made of this race as with the last two RB's simply for you guys who can't come round and for those future powerboat racers to look back on in a similar fashion to "Ride The White Horses". However, I have had to run the gauntlet of well over 8 companies wanting to do this at our expense not theirs and of course we haven't the money, as yet. They all know the potential but are not willing to put their money where their mouth is but I think we are getting there. It's hugely expensive filming this race, I won't bore you with the details but believe me they will need at least four film crews to get really good results and of course it's over 12 days, (day before and day after). I think we will achieve our aim eventually and then you will all be able to watch the battles that will have gone on out there on our big open seas, through all the classes.
ML.

Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote