Boatmad.com

Old 02-09-2009, 08:40 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporarily Insane View Post
That water does look nice!

How come everything over that side of the pond photographs so much better, even the women.

http://www.ubersite.com/m/97008

I can understand the anti stuff rails as Im assuming that because the water looks so inviting there would be some nasty sharks in there too

Oh the pros and cons of powerboating!
Would you know an anti stuff rail if you fell over one !!!! ha ha ha. It looks great but that looks like ferry reach ( long canal type thing near the airport) go a mile turn left the you have the reef to contend with. When I was there Steven and Jason De Silve did a very good job of knocking just one blade from their prop. That was on ( p 19 point mart in the pic behind argo) Ill get some pics and show you at the party on Thursday.

red 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #22

Interests: field hockey, race cars, boat racing
Boat make: phantom 18 feet race tandem seats: Banana USA 23 feet race
Engines: 140 hp Evinrude Monty USA modified, and 2.7 Evinrude modified by Monty and Evolution in USA
Cruising area: open ocean

Argo 19

I can give you some info on why that deck split like that.

The boat was fimported into Bermuda by Kevin Constable and raced by Ray Madeiros back in the late 1990's. Weight was given as 380 pounds bare !!

I have a picture of the boat just before a stuff at the Pylons. The bow is so high that it is above the height of the Pylons and on the way down !

Stuffed so hard the helmet of the driver was ripped off without strap coming undone and he suffered a broken hand - ripped the seat out and there was some impact into the dash and the deck suffered damage as well.

At that time the boat had an Evolution V-4 I think mod 2 racing in B class.

Boat has raced after that in A class with a stock 90 hp and ran fairly good - the 19 foot length helped.

The sharp bow had a tendecy to cause some stuffing and if you were new to racing the tricky swells on south shore caused a lot of problems - been there myself stuffed a 21 skater under at 75-80 mph at John Smiths Bay !

Unless you get the balance right ran best with side by side seating with the larger weight motors.

There are some good fiberglass repair guys in Bermuda who can make the necessary repairs.

Good luck and good to see new blood in the sport.

Bermuda Triangle Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:46 AM   #23

bermuda triangle racer, do you know of any 21 skaters for sale in bermuda?
ber1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 PM   #24

Engines: 140 hp Evinrude Monty USA modified, and 2.7 Evinrude modified by Monty and Evolution in USA

Skaters for sale

ber1023,

The last one that I saw was the old Vision Video, Dirty Rat and then raced by the Durhams.

It was for sale on EMOO a few weeks ago with a mercury XR 2. The boat was the lightest that came to Bermuda.

If you go into Marine Locker it is the picture on the wall on the right as you go through the door - yellow white with the full race envinrude.

When we all raced with a full compliment of 6 skaters and 2 talons the boat was the fastest in the class then the yamaha in the calm. They were all race pleasure models.

However, put us in the medium to rough nothing could touch the red one as it is a full race model. Check the Commodore Mr. Stamper to see if it is for sale. Nothing can touch the balance and performance of this one in the class. This is the one that I used to own and race. I also raced the yamaha one in a race but the dynamics of the hulls were definitely different.

Good luck in finding a skater - they are a thrill and dream to drive at full speed.

If you buy one get someone who has experience to teach you how to drive it and ALWAYS wear your safety equipment.

Craig
Old 08-09-2009, 03:32 AM   #25

thanks for that, good to know,

do you have any idea where the one off emoo went? is it the one sitting up in dockyard.?
do you happen to have patrick stampers email adress?

thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #26

Skater

Hey ber1023,

I do not know his email address but I will get his telephone number on Wednesday for you.

If I do not have it at the office I can get it from his cousin who I work with.

Craig
Old 11-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #27

thanks

james
Old 15-09-2009, 03:00 AM   #28

Skater for sale

Hey James,

Could not find the number but he works at Fast Forward Freight at Orange Valley below Butterfield and Vallis.

They can leave a message with him.

Craig