Boatmad.com

Old 31-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
HTS was sort successful!Won the odd London - Monte Carlo race as well as numerous domestic races squeezed in between a class 2 world championship.Look in the Multimedia section and search for HTS,I Like it,Apache.All the same boat.Built at Souter in 69 for Round Britain race and Jaffa Juice also in 1972 for London Monte Carlo.This boat had some success but was a heavy rough water boat.Nothing wrong with wood,one of the lightest materials to work from and can be repaired easily.Production runs are another game though.
HTS started off with 2 x Leyland diesels = 400hp on shaft drives and ended up with 2 x Ford Sabres = 730hp on sterndrives.
Jaffa Juice had 4 x Mercury Outboards = 560hp which went to 600hp later.

Thanks a lot Flying Fish, you're an expert!!!!

What has happenned to them???

Actually , I think I may get to trace one of these~!

ufix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #162

JoJuice from an old calender. Anybody got shots of it as AEG Telefunken?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1978 Jul small.JPG
Views:	636
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	23294  

littlenige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #163

Jaffa Orange Juice was the boat chartered by Australian Kevin Wyld in 1976. He did enough races to win the world Class 2 championship that year.

What became of it after that?
pete60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #164

Aeg Telefunken

Look in the multimedia section,Nigel.How many years have you been looking at this site? Passport Scotch Whisky is there as well.I like the shot seen in some films where there are some crew in the bolsters and another two standing aft by the engine well.OK it`s a calm day,but shades of Len Ferguson doing his superhero routine in the Round the Island on Clarke Group.

I didn`t know there was a class 2 world championhip in 1976,I thought it all started in 1977 at Key West where Betty Cook won the first 3 race format class 1 world champ.I know Kevin Wyld was Aussy National Champ in 1976.
Where were the 76 Worlds held ? There is so little written about the smaller classes and their world championships.Mike Ward is one of the few people who has researched these facts and even he struggles for information sometimes.When you consider he was asked by the UIM to update all these facts,it really is bizarre.
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #165

COOL Thanks for all the responses !!!

Any more pics!!
Thanks littlenige for your pic...

As I already said i think I may find either this one or HTS ,,, i do not know the condition of it though...

ufix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
Look in the multimedia section,Nigel.How many years have you been looking at this site? Passport Scotch Whisky is there as well.I like the shot seen in some films where there are some crew in the bolsters and another two standing aft by the engine well.OK it`s a calm day,but shades of Len Ferguson doing his superhero routine in the Round the Island on Clarke Group.

I didn`t know there was a class 2 world championhip in 1976,I thought it all started in 1977 at Key West where Betty Cook won the first 3 race format class 1 world champ.I know Kevin Wyld was Aussy National Champ in 1976.
Where were the 76 Worlds held ? There is so little written about the smaller classes and their world championships.Mike Ward is one of the few people who has researched these facts and even he struggles for information sometimes.When you consider he was asked by the UIM to update all these facts,it really is bizarre.
Wyld wasn't 1976 Australian champion. That was Peter Dean. Wyld spent most of 1976 in Europe chasing the title. That year was the last of the continental championships, with competitors racing in Europe, South America and the UK. Class 2 ran with the class 1 races. Tom Gentry won the class 1 title that year.

The class 2 title doesn't seem to be recorded very well.. John Crouse records Wyld as holding both the 1976 and 1977 titles (he won it again at Key West in 1977 in the first of the races at one location) but doesn't refer to it in any detail.

Nonetheless, I remember it quite well as it was a pretty big deal in Australian powerboating.
pete60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #167

Interests: boats
Boat name: attention seeker
Boat make: sunseeker rappallo
Engines: sabre 330s

old boats and drivers

hi guys just a quick word might help out with some questions brief history of family david blackford uncle to me started with a huntress i beleive called black dave went onto conserve or perish with 4 150 mercs did london to monte carlo might still have old video will check and round britain 69 but they may have been with alf bullen in ciggerillo then my uncle and my father howard bought in the seventies a collection of oldies ford persauder hts 1 and 2 at the same time then shaft fletcher 2 150 mercs avengers a plenty of one i remember was called thanks mad number 070
boatsunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #168

Then you should have lots of pictures to post on here!
littlenige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #169

Interests: boats
Boat name: attention seeker
Boat make: sunseeker rappallo
Engines: sabre 330s

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenige View Post
Then you should have lots of pictures to post on here!
yep got to get them sent to me from the uk scanned and put on site have loads from90s as well got to see what my uncle has
boatsunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #170

I know this thread was started a while back, but ive just spoken to Wiiliam (nobby)nievens who was The race driver of SHADY LADY back in her early days of powerboat racing.
He confirmed 100% that SHADY LADY was a shead boat.
If anyone can put up any pics of her i would be gratefull and Nobby would love to see pics of her and even in the flesh if possible.
There was mention that she is in chichester area, any info would be good

phill
phillnjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #171

Interests: Classic Powerboats, Music and Fashion
Boat name: Deja Vu
Boat make: Classic: 1976 Seacraft 23 foot
Engines: Yamaha 240HP
Cruising area: Salcombe & South Hams

Red Alligator

Can I also ask the question of the whereabouts of Red Alligator - my whole reason for interest in classics offshore comes from sharing a family holiday in Cowes with Norman Fletcher and Fred Shaws families in 1968.
chris grayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #172

Ajax and Jaffa orange juice

I have been looking for similar boats such as the Ajax and Jaffa orange juice. They are great classics. Would it be possible to buy these sort of boats and what cost would we be looking at? Also where would you be able to fix these wooden boats today?
Mikey

QUOTE=FLYING FISH;175854]Look in the multimedia section,Nigel.How many years have you been looking at this site? Passport Scotch Whisky is there as well.I like the shot seen in some films where there are some crew in the bolsters and another two standing aft by the engine well.OK it`s a calm day,but shades of Len Ferguson doing his superhero routine in the Round the Island on Clarke Group.

Where were the 76 Worlds held ? There is so little written about the smaller classes and their world championships.Mike Ward is one of the few people who has researched these facts and even he struggles for information sometimes.When you consider he was asked by the UIM to update all these facts,it really is bizarre.[/QUOTE]
Mikey29mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #173

Interests: Le Mans Power Boats GOODWOOD Revival
Boat name: THUNDERBOLT 1961 COWES TORQUAY WINNER
Boat make: CHRISTINA 25
Engines: 2 5 litre Chevrolets total 440 hp
Cruising area: Solent

Classic Powerboats

Mikey
contact COPC at Classicoffshore.com...classics for sale there
Mike
THUNDERBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #174

Interests: Classic Powerboats, Music and Fashion
Boat name: Deja Vu
Boat make: Classic: 1976 Seacraft 23 foot
Engines: Yamaha 240HP
Cruising area: Salcombe & South Hams

Thunderbolt in a Double Diamond Advert?

Ive just stumbled across this advert.....
chris grayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue mist View Post
I spoke to B&G Machining today, they said Shady Lady has been sold.
Her new owner lives on the south coast possibly near Chichester.
Shady Lady has been restored !
If anyone wanted to get in contact with the owner let me know . He would love to speak to other boat owners !
Hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
Shady Lady has been restored !
If anyone wanted to get in contact with the owner let me know . He would love to speak to other boat owners !
Hi Hobbs, where is the new owner based? Are you able to post any pictures now she is restored be great to see..... I saw Shady Lady back in 07, she was on a old ex farm near Copthorne there was a guy rebuilding the engine looked like he was doing a real quality job . The boat however needed a lot of work, in particular the pointy bit ! Looked like it had been in a smash and had tried to be repaired. I remember it having the tabs and the 100 series drive on it. I often wonder if they finished it . I guess not and it changed hands again.
Blue mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 05:01 AM   #177

Hi ,
Yes she is back to her late 1960’s beauty !
She has had her woodwork done by a very good carpenter, her paint work done by a very good sprayer, her sign writing done by a very good painter / artist!

The owner, along with his fab team are now concertrating on getting her engine up and running to get her back on the water!

It may still be the same owner from when you saw it last ?
Just different location?!
He is a lovely bloke ...
I do think that he may of had her in 2007? I may be wrong?! I will find out tomorrow and of course let you know .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A99B6981-E20D-42CE-B89D-3AB03072C316.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	49082   Click image for larger version

Name:	28EEA46C-7FF3-41B3-A488-F2CE622D2FA4.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	49083  
Old 19-08-2018, 05:06 AM   #178

Name:	EA824565-9A68-4DA1-A1AF-89CD229983F5.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	49084
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
hi ,
yes she is back to her late 1960’s beauty !
She has had her woodwork done by a very good carpenter, her paint work done by a very good sprayer, her sign writing done by a very good painter / artist!

The owner, along with his fab team are now concertrating on getting her engine up and running to get her back on the water!

It may still be the same owner from when you saw it last ?
Just different location?!
He is a lovely bloke ...
I do think that he may of had her in 2007? I may be wrong?! I will find out tomorrow and of course let you know .
Old 19-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #179

Hi Hobbs, thanks for posting the pictures , sure looks different to the last time I saw her. I think the owner had something to do with boats Gat marine seems to ring a bell. There were several other old boats on site where Shady was, just out of interest is the old Volvo 100 series drive still fitted ?
Blue mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #180

Yes , she still has the original outdrive fitted ������