Boatmad.com

Old 23-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #61

Freddie, do you have any photos of fleche dor?
What engine set up do you have.
I have just had the carb overhauled in the States which is now giving me full revs so looking forward to finding out what she can do.
Engine is the original V8 Chrysler 318 and Volvo leg.
Sounds amazing, certainly wakes the marina up!

Does anyone know whether the website "Triannaboats.com" is still going? There has been no response from them over the past year. Heard they were going to include other levi designs.

DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #62

Delta 25

Hi DaveS There some pics on boatshed 17145 i think you should be able to get them up, the boat is much the same but all the dark mahogany has gone.
She has got a 190h hp yanmar diesel with bravo 1 leg which seems to be a good set up She does run a little stern heavy though, gets on the plane without the tabs easily enough . Yours looks great in black ,she should fly with that engine. Not sure about the Triana website. Hope to get to the rally one year.

freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2017, 11:18 AM   #63

Interests: Music Cars Boats
Boat make: Delta 25
Engines: 5.7 v8
Cruising area: South coast

just an update on the speed front for my delta 25 now mine is run in with a chevy 5.7 v8 alpha 1 1.5-1 and 17"balistic Michigan prop has just touched and I'm still struggling to believe it 40 knots GPS speed ! happy is an understatement !
EdBence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #64

Hi Ed,
Excellent! What rpm is that?
I have just changed my prop from 17 to 19 pitch.
Yet to see the outcome.
Dave
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 08:04 AM   #65

Delta 25

Hi guys,I've owned fleche dor for about 10 years now,still going strong.I was wondering if anyone has any history on her.I tried to get hold of past owners with no joy.
Old 28-08-2019, 03:00 PM   #66

Delta 25

Hi Freddie
A chap called Barry Smith bought Flèche D'or from new from David Still Marine in Emsworth. She was the boat off the production line before Delta Lady which was my fathers and also bought from David Still. They both originally had 888 Mercruisers about 180 hp and we used to cruise the Solent together. We used to share a berth at Bembridge Marina (alongside each other so got a discount) and were based there. Debt Lady as previously mentioned entered the CTC in 1974 and the crew were My Father, Barry Smith and me. Happy days.
Deltamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltamad View Post
Hi Freddie
A chap called Barry Smith bought Flèche D'or from new from David Still Marine in Emsworth. She was the boat off the production line before Delta Lady which was my fathers and also bought from David Still. They both originally had 888 Mercruisers about 180 hp and we used to cruise the Solent together. We used to share a berth at Bembridge Marina (alongside each other so got a discount) and were based there. Debt Lady as previously mentioned entered the CTC in 1974 and the crew were My Father, Barry Smith and me. Happy days.
Hi Deltamad, thanks for the info that strange because I nearly bought delta lady then called charlie delta with a mercruiser 188.Fleche D'or still going strong getting her out the water soon for the winter thanks again Freddie.