does any know this boat

This boat was mentioned on here some time ago, not much said about it and no one said they knew of it.

is there a date stamp on the boats anywhere

I posted a link to it back in mid July and I had noticed it sometime before that so I guess their ain't that many people waiting to take the plunge, it does seem reasonably priced but it would probably need a complete re-do and a bigger engine for any fun and by the time you've done all that I reckon you'd probably be better of spending out on a good condition 24-26 Extreme ... which I note you already have

http://boatmad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16534o

Last edited:
thanks for the link,it looks like my brother may be the new owner,we will have to wait and see what happens with the sea trial

Its a Revenger "Volante" and it is the "Luxury version of the 25 foot Revenger Mediterannee but with wrap around screen and on board drinks cooler".

Good for 400hp I think unless it was built to the same spec as "Larby's".:hugegrin:

Not many about in the UK (Expensive when new so probably not many made).

Possibly made by Plancraft???

In fact come to think of it, none of the pre-inflatable Revenger boats sold in any quantity as far as I know.

thanks jon

Its a Revenger "Volante" and it is the "Luxury version of the 25 foot Revenger Mediterannee but with wrap around screen and on board drinks cooler".

Can you remember when they called it 'Volante'? I have it listed as 'Mistral'

The '82 price list is by Plancraft.

img_186959_0_1a95ea85901bf244367ed1ef867f2088.jpg

Good for 400hp I think unless it was built to the same spec as "Larby's".:hugegrin:

Not many about in the UK (Expensive when new so probably not many made).

In fact come to think of it, none of the pre-inflatable Revenger boats sold in any quantity as far as I know.

Very good, very good... :devilish:

Why did they make the 'luxury' version of my boat so much damn uglier then??!!

James

Around the same time that Revenger was building the Mediteranee and Volante, they were also building a 31' called the San Tropez.

Very good, very good... :devilish:

Why did they make the 'luxury' version of my boat so much damn uglier then??!!

James

I thought you might like that James. :up: Hows it going?

No idea why it was made uglier than the Mediteranee but as stated previously, it does come with "Foster Grant wrap around screen" and a "Drinks cooler for your Daqueri's" lol.

Ben - I have heard about the St. Tropez but have never seen one or indeed know anyone else who has either. Once again, probably not many built. Shame.

Olli - I have only ever known it as the Revenger "Volante".

It's not at the moment! I've decided to concentrate on work and spending time with my new family for a while. Mia will be grown up before I know it and I was having to spend far too much time on the boat trying to get it done this year.

I'm taking a break for a bit and I'll get it finished over the winter ready for next year in plenty of time!

James

Ben - I have heard about the St. Tropez but have never seen one or indeed know anyone else who has either. Once again, probably not many built. Shame.

Motor Boat & Yachting did a test report on one in June 89. 63 mph w/twin 454 Mags. I thought I might still have the magazine but I gave away most of my collection of magazines and brochures when I moved to the States and that must have been one of them.

Last edited:
I think there was only the 1 ?? will did out that report and post.

Found this advert during my "morning read".

From Motor Boat & Yachting Jan. 1990.

Attachments

• Monza.jpg
    Monza.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 776
  • St Tropez.jpg
    St Tropez.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 433
  • Volante.jpg
    Volante.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 946
Add these to the collection....