Old 07-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #1

Interests: Sand
Boat name: cadgealift
Boat make: Dragon
Engines: Cat
Cruising area: off the Sandy Beach

Ecu Again!

Here we go again.....
Woz down at the Boat Show today, in the beer tent funnily enough!
Main topic of conversation was Shelleys bent boat....one of the ex Honda racers is thinking of putting his boat back on the water, only at the moment he says there is no point because Shelleys boat is going so quick no one can catch it, although it was noted that on the rough races she drops back, because its about pilot ability, but when its flat in a straight line the boat is untouchable!

A high majority of the racers know she is cheatin' but because the bosses daughter is in the back, no one dares say anything....apparently!

But one thing is for sure...her and Libby were at the show in their race overalls, but they looked like a couple of fat chicks wearing them cos they've been paid to hand out leaflets.....they looked as much like racers as I do Tom Cruise

Anyway...the beans have been spilt and the rules should be changing for the new year! There has been a fuss kicked up with no names mentioned cos no one wants to piss the boss off!

So any Honda racers out there..fear not....next year should be 'more equal'

Old 07-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #2

Interests: Boat, Landy, and other toys :)
Boat name: Mad Max/Master Fiddler
Boat make: Phantom 18/Fletcher Bravo
Engines: Merc XR2
Cruising area: Solent/IOW

Talking of her piloting ability, has anyone else noticed that when the boat starts rocking from side to side she uses the steering to try and level it out, i thought the common practice was to apply the throttle in the opposite rhythm to the rocking?
What sort of cheating does anyone suspect? (jst out of interest?)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, grinning from ear to ear, overdosing on adrenaline and proclaiming “KINNEL!! WHAT A RIDE!!”
Old 08-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
BananaShark Member

Interests: Winning races
Boat name: BananaShark
Boat make: BananaShark 34' Race
Engines: Twin Yanmar BY 260's

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxim Gibson
Talking of her piloting ability, has anyone else noticed that when the boat starts rocking from side to side she uses the steering to try and level it out, i thought the common practice was to apply the throttle in the opposite rhythm to the rocking?
What sort of cheating does anyone suspect? (jst out of interest?)
No you use the steering - getting on and off the throttle will slow the boat down, having said that you can make it worse and slow the boat down with the steering as well if you don't know what you're doing!

"people" have said the ECU isn't exactly original equipment, and when they were swopped at an event they went slower ............. allegedly!

British Champions! RIB Formula 1 2005
National Speed Record Holder at 90.15 (still)

www.bananasharkracing.com
Old 08-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #4

Interests: powerboats
Boat name: Thumper
Boat make: Fletcher
Engines: Johnson 225hp
Cruising area: Carlingford

maybe the sea was more lumpy!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
CB1

Hey BIG SPOON Ive read your post and I think you're way out of order. You're slagging the girls off and need to hide behind a pseudonym!!! Big boy. Come clean and post who you really are, or perhaps you aint got the balls!!!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:26 PM   #6

Why not show your name then, or are you a relation of R2-D2 mr "CB1"
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, grinning from ear to ear, overdosing on adrenaline and proclaiming “KINNEL!! WHAT A RIDE!!”
Old 08-01-2006, 09:03 PM   #7
CB1

Hi newbie. Most people know me who the fu-k are you!!!???
If youd been around a bit more you'd get the joke!!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #8
Gav

Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Quote:
Originally posted by CB1
Hi newbie. Most people know me who the fu-k are you!!!???
If youd been around a bit more you'd get the joke!!

chill man! Max is just a wee lad!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #9

Interests: powerboats
Boat name: Thumper
Boat make: Fletcher
Engines: Johnson 225hp
Cruising area: Carlingford

I would like to know does the governing body not have the power to inspect race winning engines to confirm legality. I remember seeing the series one nite on the exchange and mart sky channel, it looked really good racing. Always is a shame that politics dampen a good championship, but then again as a spectator you never know the full story
Old 08-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #10
hello

Yeah know one knows who CB1 is cus boats like the one is his avatar with those graphics and the number C-12 are ten penny aren't they
Old 08-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #11
CB1

Sorry guys got a bit carried away. It just piss-s me off when unknown people slag others off. The girls worked hard for their win and I think they should be congratuated not slagged off by someone who wishes to keep his or her identity secret.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #12

Old 08-01-2006, 10:42 PM   #13
hello

Quote:
Originally posted by CB1
The girls worked hard for their win and I think they should be congratuated not slagged off by someone who wishes to keep his or her identity secret.
He didn't keep his identity secret!!! Thats him there on the left by the rocket!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lgpp0131.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	6751  
Old 08-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #14

nice 1
Old 09-01-2006, 12:14 AM   #15

Re: Ecu Again!

By doing this anonymously, you remove all credibility from the point you're trying to make. If you want to have a slagging match, at least have the courage to put your name behind it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Spoon
Here we go again.....
Woz down at the Boat Show today, in the beer tent funnily enough!
Main topic of conversation was Shelleys bent boat....one of the ex Honda racers is thinking of putting his boat back on the water, only at the moment he says there is no point because Shelleys boat is going so quick no one can catch it, although it was noted that on the rough races she drops back, because its about pilot ability, but when its flat in a straight line the boat is untouchable!

A high majority of the racers know she is cheatin' but because the bosses daughter is in the back, no one dares say anything....apparently!

But one thing is for sure...her and Libby were at the show in their race overalls, but they looked like a couple of fat chicks wearing them cos they've been paid to hand out leaflets.....they looked as much like racers as I do Tom Cruise

Anyway...the beans have been spilt and the rules should be changing for the new year! There has been a fuss kicked up with no names mentioned cos no one wants to piss the boss off!

So any Honda racers out there..fear not....next year should be 'more equal'
Old 09-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #16
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Quote:
Originally posted by CB1
Sorry guys got a bit carried away. It just piss-s me off when unknown people slag others off. The girls worked hard for their win and I think they should be congratuated not slagged off by someone who wishes to keep his or her identity secret.
HEY! Its me. You know who I am...

I (along with most of the rest of you I am sure) laughed and laughed and lauged when I read ( or you read or were told ) the story of Shelly and the ECU swap. It was almost as funny as the sports clip on TV showing her going on straight whilst the rest of the fleet turned at the mark behind her....

She is one of those people who get on my tits, so I enjoyed both bits quite a lot.

However: Between races Shelly decided to re-arrange weight on the boat, and took conflicting advice from two people. The end result was a compromise from both, and in the opinion from someone I trust - this was the primary cause of her race ****up. Brilliant timing, and could not happen to a nicer person. ( the only other person I would wish this on does not appear to race anymore. )

So,

Not that it is my nature to defend Shelly BUT!, I think on this small and well publicised 'fact', I personally believe ( and reliably have information to support this ) that she did *not* cheat by modifying the ECU in this race, and that her poor performance was due to other problems.

However again: I would like to challenge Shelly to publically declare that she has not knowingly cheated to improve her position in a race over the last 3 years.. And by knowingly cheat, I mean actually sitting down and deciding to break a rule governing performance of the boat because the chance of getting caught was slim, and the benefits from breaking the rule was great.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #17

You, on the other hand, are the master of "How to win friends and influence people"!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by verytricky
She is one of those people who get on my tits...
Old 09-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #18
Large member

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian-Bear
I would like to know does the governing body not have the power to inspect race winning engines to confirm legality. I remember seeing the series one nite on the exchange and mart sky channel, it looked really good racing. Always is a shame that politics dampen a good championship.
I have asked a similar question from time to time, but I guess the answer is not too important.

A further thread I would have liked to persue is this one: http://www.boatmad.com/forum/showthr...threadid=3575. But I am not going to do that either.

I have found out the hard way that if you rock the boat you tend to get wet. So whilst I am an active racer under the RYA, I will endevor *not* to cause any more 'trouble' - unless it gets to a point where it is no longer worth racing....

However - it would be really really great, if those who are not under direct threat of the RYA kept the boat rocking. Even if you dont race nationally, it is still your sport, else you would not be on this website!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #19
Large member

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
You, on the other hand, are the master of "How to win friends and influence people"!!!!
Aparently I have not developed this fine art.

I believe in calling it as I see it. Ask John Puddyfoot . I will say worse to your face than I will behind your back.

So if I am nice and friendly and chatty to your face, I like you. If I ignore you or I am rude to you and call you an asshole, then chances are I dont like you

Would it not make the world simpler if everyone followed these rules?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:11 PM   #20

Interests: ALL MOTOR SPORTS
Boat name: NO BOAT
Boat make: NO BOAT
Cruising area: NO BOAT

Quote:
Originally posted by verytricky
Would it not make the world simpler if everyone followed these rules?
If only they would...................... you Nob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread