Boatmad.com

Old 27-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #1

Fidelis Extreme Racing Team

Anybody got any info on the Fidelis Extreme B23 they used to run back in 2002/2003? Was their hull eventually the Vines BMW hull that raced in 3B a few years ago? Hull weight/materials used in construction would be more than welcome. And can anybody tell me if the 1.3L motors used for top speed records are stock motors or heavily modified? Fidelis held a record for monohull 1.3 offshore if I remember correctly.

doppler491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #2

Interests: Boats , bikes!
Boat name: Renegade
Boat make: GPV-RENEGADE
Engines: 150 HO etec
Cruising area: Thames, south coast, anywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppler491 View Post
Anybody got any info on the Fidelis Extreme B23 they used to run back in 2002/2003? Was their hull eventually the Vines BMW hull that raced in 3B a few years ago? Hull weight/materials used in construction would be more than welcome. And can anybody tell me if the 1.3L motors used for top speed records are stock motors or heavily modified? Fidelis held a record for monohull 1.3 offshore if I remember correctly.
That was Glen and Miffy from Gibralter, the motors would have to have been stock for any record attempts, it whas a 90 tohatsu i think, but may be a yammie

Old 27-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #3

Interests: ocr,sleeping
Boat name: The Rock
Boat make: Phantom 19XL
Engines: Yamaha 130B

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppler491 View Post
Hi ,I have pics ,but not digital from early 2000 when Gib boys bought it before heading to UK . i think it did have a tohatsu, never new exact speed as i was never given correct speed by ex owner ( 70mph ) which i never believed . 60ish i recorn . never new what happened after they sold it .
cooolaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #4

Interests: Boats , bikes!
Boat name: Renegade
Boat make: GPV-RENEGADE
Engines: 150 HO etec
Cruising area: Thames, south coast, anywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolaii View Post
Hi ,I have pics ,but not digital from early 2000 when Gib boys bought it before heading to UK . i think it did have a tohatsu, never new exact speed as i was never given correct speed by ex owner ( 70mph ) which i never believed . 60ish i recorn . never new what happened after they sold it .
Nah, i raced against them with a 16 in a basic race and it was real rough, they only over took me as the boat was 23' long and heading to the offshore legs. 60mph tops in race trim
Old 28-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #5

From the BoatMad gallery... From what I can find, RYA records indicate a top speed of 59 and change with the Tohatsu 90. Large It (a B22) got 58mph and change with their Yam 90. I assume the 23 in rough water would be pretty hard to beat?

doppler491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #6

Interests: ocr,sleeping
Boat name: The Rock
Boat make: Phantom 19XL
Engines: Yamaha 130B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Nah, i raced against them with a 16 in a basic race and it was real rough, they only over took me as the boat was 23' long and heading to the offshore legs. 60mph tops in race trim
Hi ,Yes Renagade and Doppler spot on with the speed, i have to say i raced them ones ere in Gib on a basic race when they bought the boat when RYA finals was held down ere and i was only doing 57mph with an old banger and i over took them ,and it was flat too, offcourse i have to say they only just bought the boat and they never been in a Batboat so i guess they did run 59 to 60 later on .

cooolaii is offline   Reply With Quote