Boatmad.com

Old 22-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #1

Boat name: Un-named as yet
Boat make: Phantom 21
Engines: yam 225
Cruising area: Thames estuary Black water/crouch

Finally out

Well managed to get her out on sunday, weather not brilliant in Essex but thought sod it im going for it anyway. Two other boats out, a Fletcher with an inboard which i guess had a few problems as he had the bonnet up a couple of times and a Bayliner. Not forgetting the (rules dont apply to me) wet bikes swamming round like flys, in perticular a female on one who obviously had no idea of rules of the road or any concept of safety to herself and others and obviously thought it ok to change course when ever the mood took her including cutting across my bow as i approched her or just aimed it towards me and everyone else for us to get out her way. Maybe women drive wet bikes like there cars lol.

Anyway got the boat out and reasonably happy with it, although im not sure of the speed it was doing as i dont know how accurate the gauges are. Its a 200hp Mariner but the speedo only showed it was doing 40mph that was with the trim right in and bow tank full, trimmed the engine out a bit and speedo read 50mph then and the revs went off the scale which goes to 6000rpm but then the rev counter never falls to zero even when the engine is off. The boat felt it was going a lot faster than the speedo was reading though. I trimmed it out a little more but the boat started slipping side to side. I think maybe the engine height might need adjusting, or possibly a different prop as the one on it is a stainless 5 blade with unknown pitch (cant find any numbers on it)

On the whole not too bad just a few teething problems to iron out including an oil leak as i found 2 stroke oil all over the engine and running down it, proberbly an oil pipe leaking but unable to see where from as i cant get the engine to flush with the muffs, no water coming out of the tell-tale so couldnt run the engine to flush it and also find where the leak is coming from, but it does squirt from the tell-tale when the engine is in the water. I guess a good service wont go a miss

Carl_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Taz

Interests: Boating/Squash
Cruising area: Essex Marina/crouch southeast coast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_B View Post
Well managed to get her out on sunday, weather not brilliant in Essex but thought sod it im going for it anyway. Two other boats out, a Fletcher with an inboard which i guess had a few problems as he had the bonnet up a couple of times and a Bayliner. Not forgetting the (rules dont apply to me) wet bikes swamming round like flys, in perticular a female on one who obviously had no idea of rules of the road or any concept of safety to herself and others and obviously thought it ok to change course when ever the mood took her including cutting across my bow as i approched her or just aimed it towards me and everyone else for us to get out her way. Maybe women drive wet bikes like there cars lol.

Anyway got the boat out and reasonably happy with it, although im not sure of the speed it was doing as i dont know how accurate the gauges are. Its a 200hp Mariner but the speedo only showed it was doing 40mph that was with the trim right in and bow tank full, trimmed the engine out a bit and speedo read 50mph then and the revs went off the scale which goes to 6000rpm but then the rev counter never falls to zero even when the engine is off. The boat felt it was going a lot faster than the speedo was reading though. I trimmed it out a little more but the boat started slipping side to side. I think maybe the engine height might need adjusting, or possibly a different prop as the one on it is a stainless 5 blade with unknown pitch (cant find any numbers on it)

On the whole not too bad just a few teething problems to iron out including an oil leak as i found 2 stroke oil all over the engine and running down it, proberbly an oil pipe leaking but unable to see where from as i cant get the engine to flush with the muffs, no water coming out of the tell-tale so couldnt run the engine to flush it and also find where the leak is coming from, but it does squirt from the tell-tale when the engine is in the water. I guess a good service wont go a miss

Have to meet up for a blast fella!

Old 22-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Executive Member

Interests: Boats
Boat name: Indecent Proposal
Boat make: Phantom 18
Engines: Mariner V6
Cruising area: southwest/southeast

Quote:

My Mariner On Muffs always takes longer to come through Tell-Tale,dont think there`s a problem there.Good to here you finally got out.
Old 22-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Have to meet up for a blast fella!
That would be good i'd look forward to that although your boat will make mine look like a dingy and blow mine away all my sea cred will be gone lol
Old 22-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbore View Post
My Mariner On Muffs always takes longer to come through Tell-Tale,dont think there`s a problem there.Good to here you finally got out.
Yep felt good to be back on the water again. Hopefully thats all it is just slow coming through.
Old 23-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #6

Interests: water sports
Cruising area: The bath

I wouldn't worry about that as we usually have the last laugh when taz gets stopped by the police, on the water or on the road.

Last time they set up a road block for him and sent out a high speed BMW to chase him, like he's gone get up 150mph towing a P28 through country lanes...

Quote:
That would be good i'd look forward to that although your boat will make mine look like a dingy and blow mine away all my sea cred will be gone lol