Boatmad.com

Old 22-06-2021, 04:51 PM   #21

Interests: Boating, classic cars
Cruising area: South coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrs View Post
Is this the one?
Hi there,
Do you have any photo's of Turbo-wash by any chance, I had boat No2 which was Turbo-wash, Ambience was boat No3

Paul Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #22

Turbo-Wash up-date

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
I also heard it was a Kevlar version of the later Arrowbolt 21, but thought the deck layout looked rather special. Do you know which years it was used for skiing ? Any clues where it is now ?

Troels

Further to my last, i can remember that the boat was built of kevlar as a special by fletcher,it was built about 6 inches wider than the standard 21 apparently it was a 35k project. Brian chidley bought it for alot less than that ran it in the late 80's early 90's
when run with avgas heads would run at just over 90mph.He sold it and bought an american Shiarda(not sure on spelling) running twin turbo v8 run on avgas 100+
Have no idea where it is now.

Sambo
Hi Sambo,
The Fletcher you are refering to was called Turbo-wash which I have owned boat No2, the first boat was I believe made from standard fibreglass but in a race with bad conditions her hull was cracked between the ballast tank and the formers, Dave Brockington of the legendary D.B. Marine Sales Taunton did all the work on behalf of Norman Fletcher, the guys were sent down to Taunton to repair it ready for the next race, it was decided at some point to build the next boat from Kevlar which was the boat I had the pleasure of owning this was still called Turbo-wash, she was awesome a fantastic rough water boat but was fast for her size, boat No3 was called Ambience which had what David called a "Pinched Hull" to increase the deadrise angle of the hull for better performance, I have tried to locate my old boat but David told me it's in the South of France this is a boat I regret selling.

Old 22-06-2021, 05:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troels L View Post
Chaos, Alle Steamed up & Sambo; Thank you for the information

I also heard it was a Kevlar version of the later Arrowbolt 21, but thought the deck layout looked rather special. Do you know which years it was used for skiing ? Any clues where it is now ?

BR.

Troels
Hi there,
The Fletcher you are refering to was called Turbo-wash which I have owned boat No2, the first boat was I believe made from standard fibreglass but in a race with bad conditions her hull was cracked between the ballast tank and the formers, Dave Brockington of the legendary D.B. Marine Sales Taunton did all the work on behalf of Norman Fletcher, the guys were sent down to Taunton to repair it ready for the next race, it was decided at some point to build the next boat from Kevlar which was the boat I had the pleasure of owning this was still called Turbo-wash, she was awesome a fantastic rough water boat but was fast for her size, boat No3 was called Ambience which had what David called a "Pinched Hull" to increase the deadrise angle of the hull for better performance, I have tried to locate my old boat but David told me it's in the South of France this is a boat I regret selling.
Old 13-03-2022, 08:10 PM   #24

Fletcher 21 brava

I think I'm the owner of this boat now. I bought it 6months ago im currently overhauling it and putting it back to the ioriginal look in the picture.. it only has one 200hp engine now tho.

Andy du frayne is offline   Reply With Quote