Boatmad.com

Old 08-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #41

Interests: sport and being lazy
Boat make: ring rib
Engines: merc xr2
Cruising area: bournemouth bay

Thanks FF your input as ever it's fantastic

Hopefully it will be a great season next year with Cinzano especially with the added power and fingers crossed Peter will chose to do the odd basic or marathon race in the Hunton and maybe make it a Hat trick of Huntons with the old Kent Koi and Barry's RIB

Quote:
Bus Pass ... The highest speed we recorded in Kent Koi before handing over to Chris Scrag and Glyn Evans was 78.2 knots.( 90 mph ), with 2 x 600 Sabres, Arnesons and light fuel load. Two way average on measured mile in Southampton water. Didn't have GPS in those days!
90mph seems very very good going as the boat in it's old set up with the Sabre diesel engines would of been on equal speed terms as the newer boats challenging P1 Supersport today and with it's diesel engines it probably would of exceeded the 5400kg weight needed for Supersport regs with that HP, so now re-engined with Ilmore it should be one fasssst son of gun, this next season sure should be a great one

Old 08-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfun View Post
Flyingfish when you say the the CUV can start to get a bit lively beyond 90mph is that only the 38' and not the 41' boats as Follett cars being the stretched version at 41' seemed to be pretty stable in the mid 90mph region ( I recall JF saying Richard Carr was thinking of perhaps bringing this back on some thread ) plus it also had as you say on the limit 1600+hp from it's deisel engines
And then their is perhaps the fastest ever CUV Thuraya with it's 850+hp lambo's weighted down it probably still reached around 100mph although not competitive against it's newer arrivals in the speed department but what would it have done without the weight penalty
Follett cars was quite stable around 95mph, but you couldn't trim the drive line out so you couldn't make it unstable by over triming, the Isotta Frascini engine's in the end gave 1860 bhp and top speed was 97mph.

Jim Brooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #43
CINZANO 558

Interests: occasionaly work, if not out for boating
Boat name: CINZANO, Capriccio I+II and Propina
Boat make: CUV 38race, Sunseeker50 Cruiser, Sailingketch 55
Engines: race: ILmor, Cruise: Volvo D12, sail: Volvo D5
Cruising area: race:England, holiday: Mallorca, sailing: Netherlands

Hunton on Ilmore725

Hello Peter,
Hello the rest,

only today noticed this remarkable 'Discussion'.

I had the joy of meeting Peter this year regularly at the Hamble fuel pontoon and other places.
Fantastic boat he had and a much more interesting Navigator, too. (sorry, Peter but life is not only about petrol and boat construction)
It was always fun to Power Talk on these occasions!

Obviously 'we' kept talking a lot about his project and were prooving him that his engine decision was not the worst throughout this season.

Now to the data freaking.

Cinzano has a brand new trailer with enclosed perspex canopies. We sent Cinzano this summer for a week to Mallorca in this trailer.
Therfore it was measured with the boat totally emptied out of fuel (Dangerous goods on transports like ferries!!)
As the trailer was measured on its way to England empty and before registering by the TÜV, we have the difference.

Lets assume these scales are some sort of accurate as three figures were about same within weeks.
This gave us a Load of 5.2 tons on the Truck. Up there were the boat with a spare Propellerset, the wooden boatcradle, all my race nickers (sorry nomex I meant) and the complete Marthon stuff including fenders and ropes anchor...
Now the only doubtful fact is the cradle, but it was primitivly measured at Drivers of above 300kgs!.
So fully equipped, but bare fuel means 4.8 to 4.9 to!

For the CTC we refuelled about 1.600L and Tim kept reassuring me that we are supposed to have 440 Gallons of capacity in our six tanks. (Old CTC's used to be more then 230 seamiles)
After the race the meters were still showing 40/50% of fuel, but obviously measured in the after tanks, all being connected together and open throughout the race, so to keep same balance.
Means at least 140 gallons left...

The other intersting thing is that on the CTC we were faster in the Finish then with much less fuel at the SCM in Oct!
Why was only understood as a propeller problem, as everything including trimm and revs were same.

So this and all our trials in this season gave us the feeling that the most results we achieved by having the best Propellers.
Much more then a few hundred Kilos more or less!!!!

We tried drive heights by putting in or out spacers, as we assumed that our huge rooster would waste power.
Never got a significant speed difference.
We had 4 and 5 Blade propellers, but lacked the amount of various sizes needed to do perfect trial and error playing.

The CTC setup had 5 Blades on fastest gear ratio with GPS read outs of 78kn maximum. Unfortunately the new propellers ordered from America of that dimension and a 1250HP strength arrived damaged before the CTC and the used ones were only 550hp rated.
These must have worn out by the SCM finish line, as we bought them 2nd hand from Mike Shelton and probably they have more than earned their invest.

So again all the time we played on Cinzano it wasn't fuel status (therefore weight) as an important issue for our top speed, but the different propellers that made most impact.

Still best props and lowest weight would win!

So if Peter has an interest in the Marathon Class we would well want him to join.
To achieve this we would even help him as much as we can and swob Navigators to make sure that the weight issue is out of this discussion. (Sorry Eric, best Neighbours, first choice)

Well, as Peters new boat is a one man show regarding Drivers Seat and Electronics arrangement on the visible dash mould, we would have another 'view' concerning the weight issue.

If his new Boat is in fact a little faster and he probably insists to keep his Navigator, we could opt for having his navigation done in a BIKINI on the aft sun cussions instedad. Giving us some entertainment while boringly follow behind over the 3hrs to Rosamunde Pilchers Homeland and back.

Sorry Peter for bringing in the Girl factor, but Eric and I have an issue on neighbours for random of the well regarded other Human Species and if we find reasons to abuse the term in our Boating environment (which does lack some of its pedigree about attracting 'them') we can't resist...

So go on making this rocket fly.

Best Regards

Markus
Markus Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #44

Cinzano Light

You say Markus that Cinzano was 5.2T(no fuel) on the truck,yet only 300kg is deducted to obtain the wt of Cinzano (no fuel).Am I missing something here when looking at a 300kg ? transporter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RB 156.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	22323  
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #45

Interests: Fast cars, bikes,quads, boats, going fast...etc
Boat name: Cheetah
Boat make: Hunton XRS37
Engines: Volvo D6 with DPR drives
Cruising area: So'hampton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Hendricks View Post
Hello Peter,
Hello the rest,

only today noticed this remarkable 'Discussion'.

I had the joy of meeting Peter this year regularly at the Hamble fuel pontoon and other places.
Fantastic boat he had and a much more interesting Navigator, too. (sorry, Peter but life is not only about petrol and boat construction)
It was always fun to Power Talk on these occasions!

Obviously 'we' kept talking a lot about his project and were prooving him that his engine decision was not the worst throughout this season.

Now to the data freaking.

Cinzano has a brand new trailer with enclosed perspex canopies. We sent Cinzano this summer for a week to Mallorca in this trailer.
Therfore it was measured with the boat totally emptied out of fuel (Dangerous goods on transports like ferries!!)
As the trailer was measured on its way to England empty and before registering by the TÜV, we have the difference.

Lets assume these scales are some sort of accurate as three figures were about same within weeks.
This gave us a Load of 5.2 tons on the Truck. Up there were the boat with a spare Propellerset, the wooden boatcradle, all my race nickers (sorry nomex I meant) and the complete Marthon stuff including fenders and ropes anchor...
Now the only doubtful fact is the cradle, but it was primitivly measured at Drivers of above 300kgs!.
So fully equipped, but bare fuel means 4.8 to 4.9 to!

For the CTC we refuelled about 1.600L and Tim kept reassuring me that we are supposed to have 440 Gallons of capacity in our six tanks. (Old CTC's used to be more then 230 seamiles)
After the race the meters were still showing 40/50% of fuel, but obviously measured in the after tanks, all being connected together and open throughout the race, so to keep same balance.
Means at least 140 gallons left...

The other intersting thing is that on the CTC we were faster in the Finish then with much less fuel at the SCM in Oct!
Why was only understood as a propeller problem, as everything including trimm and revs were same.

So this and all our trials in this season gave us the feeling that the most results we achieved by having the best Propellers.
Much more then a few hundred Kilos more or less!!!!

We tried drive heights by putting in or out spacers, as we assumed that our huge rooster would waste power.
Never got a significant speed difference.
We had 4 and 5 Blade propellers, but lacked the amount of various sizes needed to do perfect trial and error playing.

The CTC setup had 5 Blades on fastest gear ratio with GPS read outs of 78kn maximum. Unfortunately the new propellers ordered from America of that dimension and a 1250HP strength arrived damaged before the CTC and the used ones were only 550hp rated.
These must have worn out by the SCM finish line, as we bought them 2nd hand from Mike Shelton and probably they have more than earned their invest.

So again all the time we played on Cinzano it wasn't fuel status (therefore weight) as an important issue for our top speed, but the different propellers that made most impact.

Still best props and lowest weight would win!

So if Peter has an interest in the Marathon Class we would well want him to join.
To achieve this we would even help him as much as we can and swob Navigators to make sure that the weight issue is out of this discussion. (Sorry Eric, best Neighbours, first choice)

Well, as Peters new boat is a one man show regarding Drivers Seat and Electronics arrangement on the visible dash mould, we would have another 'view' concerning the weight issue.

If his new Boat is in fact a little faster and he probably insists to keep his Navigator, we could opt for having his navigation done in a BIKINI on the aft sun cussions instedad. Giving us some entertainment while boringly follow behind over the 3hrs to Rosamunde Pilchers Homeland and back.

Sorry Peter for bringing in the Girl factor, but Eric and I have an issue on neighbours for random of the well regarded other Human Species and if we find reasons to abuse the term in our Boating environment (which does lack some of its pedigree about attracting 'them') we can't resist...

So go on making this rocket fly.

Best Regards

Markus
Hi Markus,
Thanks for the very witty & informative post.It is always a great pleasure to meet with you, Tim & Eric. Thanks for your very generous offer of a navigator swap but having considered it for one tenth of a milli second i have decided to to stick with Carolyn she is very light,very economical to run & there is great fringe benefits to be had in the event of a breakdown.
On a slightly more serious note we have been water borne spectators @ all the races Cinzano has taken part in this season & never tire of the SITE & SOUND!!! KEP IT UP
Back to the Hunton Illmor thread, finished grinding the engine bay for the flow coating after the engines & drives have been dry fitted, also dry fit of the bolsters ready for trimming, will post the pictures tomorrow.

All the best
P & C
peterunwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #46
CINZANO 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
You say Markus that Cinzano was 5.2T(no fuel) on the truck,yet only 300kg is deducted to obtain the wt of Cinzano (no fuel).Am I missing something here when looking at a 300kg ? transporter.
Well, the difference of the total truck and trailer net/empty weight to the identical one with payload of Cinzano, the cradle and all the straps to hold it in place was 5.2 tons. (and no mechanic inside as in P1)

So if we'd measure the old wooden cradle at Drivers we would have the exact dry weight from scales that are regularly revised for their accuracy! That's all we now for definate about Cinzano's true weight!

It is may be higher than you would have thought, but I do not know why.

We will respray the boat over the winter for a little more "concour de elegance" look and drop in new illmores of the 725 like, but should stay on the MKVI drives.
While this is being done, we might have the opportunity for weight measurements again. I would like to now it exactly, too.

Still it doesn' seem to change much of the known facts, shown above despite the non confirmed cradle weight of estimate +300kgs.

May be Eric can measure it again next time and we all now correct figures.
Though I doubt much of difference.

Again for Peter it might not be the most interesting data untill spring time and both Deep Vee boats without steps, on similar power and size can go for trials.

If Peter has same gear ratio (about 1:1,5 at our end) we can share some of the Props for trials untill each boat has found the matching numbers.

If you remember CTC09 Hannes was having three sets of new props and did 82kn on unsutiable props for the rough conditions, low sixties for the newest set he had and probably early seventy knots on the one he used at the race.
The boat was right, the props weren't and that was why they did so many trials, even on the morning of the race.

As proppellers over here in UK are not available in masses for trial, the issue is quite expansive to solve and even within same dimensions, we found props of very different results...
Only to take and buy the ones you like as it is commen sense in the US is an unfullfilled dream.

That was my point hinting to 'honing the boat to the max' as you say its many points to consider in one time.

Another point is that Cinzano never felt light or unstable when we reached the 75+knots, but may be this comes beond.

Thanks for comment to Peter. May be you can be talked into RB11??

Best Regards Markus
Old 11-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #47

More Info

Hi Markus,

As you say in your latest post, good props are so important,more so than weight,but of course you aim for the best of everything.I notice Rolla hasn`t been in your prop discussion,maybe you use his anyway,but he really does come up trumps with his prop recommendations,assuming you give him the correct data to work with.
That brings us back to the old chesnut of CUV weight.
A bit of history for you.
The structural details of the Alitalia 38ft Picchiotti/CUV boats were done and weights logged in 1977,and as far as we know were used as the basis for further CUV38 monos,so it`s a surprise when one is weighed a quite big differences emerges.Even when one worked backwards from a 46ft CUV type (Fletchers mono) of which we have weighed weights the interpolation down to a CUV38 is still far lighter than Cinzano weighed.
It is so rare that any published meaningful weight data is available,so when the opportunity to weigh a boat comes up one tends to push for the correct information,so you can tell Eric all that wt/speed info he has been pumping me for,to treat with caution.He has the magic formula to make adjustments on speed depending upon what weight he cares to use,in the calculation.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #48

latest update on Hunton Illmor

Hi been busy making bolster seats, Jeff made us some very thin standard bolsters with a spare set of sides so that we could do a cut and shut making them 3" taller and 5" longer.I then laminated the inside to the desired thickness and also attached the base, will be having a dry fit later today.
Peter
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0274.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	22331   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0275.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	22332   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0276.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	22333   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0277.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	22334   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0278.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	22335  

Name:	DSCF0279.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	22336   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0280.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	22337  
Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #49

Quote:
Hi Markus,

As you say in your latest post, good props are so important,more so than weight,but of course you aim for the best of everything.I notice Rolla hasn`t been in your prop discussion,maybe you use his anyway,but he really does come up trumps with his prop recommendations,assuming you give him the correct data to work with.
The structural details of the Alitalia 38ft Picchiotti/CUV boats were done and weights logged in 1977,and as far as we know were used as the basis for further CUV38 monos,so it`s a surprise when one is weighed a quite big differences emerges.Even when one worked backwards from a 46ft CUV type (Fletchers mono) of which we have weighed weights the interpolation down to a CUV38 is still far lighter than Cinzano weighed.
It is so rare that any published meaningful weight data is available,so when the opportunity to weigh a boat comes up one tends to push for the correct information,so you can tell Eric all that wt/speed info he has been pumping me for,to treat with caution.He has the magic formula to make adjustments on speed depending upon what weight he cares to use,in the calculation.
It's time to remember one more important thing about racing alley boats and for that matter GRP boats, (is the bottom ) Power and prop's are thing's you can change, but if the bottom is not true and faired you can say good by to all that speed, the running surface must be filled so it's straight and true alley bottoms belly in and GRP the running area's are enfected at the transom, when the transom is fitted inside the hull, it pull's the bottom up, so every body should check their bottoms, I have talked to Eric ( Cinzano ) about this a lot, Just put the hull on the ground roll it on it's side and fill it. When I filled and faired Follett cars running surface it gained 12mph.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #50

Now you have a massively fassst boat upgrade Peter think you need to do the same to your track car aspirations

So I've found you the perfect mount for the coming track thrashing season

Upside ... 1 you can still smell Schumacher's ass on the seat
2 It's dam quick
3 One above the neighbours car
4 babes at any race meet may be over you like a rash
5 was this car the start of the Stigs career

Downside ... 1 Pit babes don't come with the deal
2 Damon Hill hill may punch you as he may mistake you for the
guy that bashed him off the track in 94
3 does not come with diaper's in case you frighten yourself
4 spare parts not available at Halfords

Get Bidding ...
http://cgi.ebay.de/1994-Benetton-For...item2303c0f365
Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #51
CINZANO 558

Quote:
Hi Markus,

Understand!
Again, we have no clue what the cradle's weight in this payload measurement truly is.
Would not mind Cinzano to be ligther at all! Only have the data as mentioned from the ferry loading scales...

No, never considered Rolla yet, as we thought the Americans would be the ones for MK6 Drives, but good point as Rolla is very much closer and yes most regarded for their Surface props.
To your work with Eric, the Transport weight data is known to him but he might not have trusted it...
Cinzano will get a hull treatment at the running area this winter together with the AWLGrip respray of the hull.
Mr R. del la Valle gave the notice to us recently that his best in the CUV then was 99mph. So we have some work to do!

I am well willing to share experience we will gain on fine tuning (whatever unit of the boat) with Peter next season, because we can both learn from that.

So even the Cinzano talk on 'his' thread should be seen under the learning from known facts of the past for being still true and useful, please.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #52

Bottom Quilting

Quite correct Jim,they always quilt a bit,but I just wonder when a boat has done a few miles on the clock just how much more quilting carries on,cause if it does I dread to think how much filler is on an old alloy hull.On some of the alloy superyachts,if you put a new skin fitting in,a good 25mm of filler would fall out,probably due to weld distortion as well.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #53

Further update on Hunton Illmor

Have had a dry fit of bolsters today, now ready for trimming & Garmin screens one to be used as navigation the other one to look after all instrumentation along with a bank of bright warning lights monitoring temperatures & pressures.
Illmor rang today engines & drives should be with us next week they will be the first to arrive in europe can't wait!!

NB: MARKUS: Prop sharing idea is excellent!! Illmor also have quite a few sets we can try for the cost of shipping.

NB: CFIN: You obviously recognized one of my other weaknesses, in 2003 i came very close to buying a Bennatton F1 fitted with a 3.5 litre judd engine. I am actually trying to give them up??? to that end i have just sold a beautiful GT3RS in viper green to pay for the new engines, Carolyn was almost in tears when the new owner drove out of the yard
Peter
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF0012.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	22343   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0013.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	22344   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0014.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	22345   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0015.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	22346   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0016.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	22347  

Name:	DSCF0017.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	22348   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0018.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	22349  
Old 12-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #54

Quote:
Quite correct Jim,they always quilt a bit,but I just wonder when a boat has done a few miles on the clock just how much more quilting carries on,cause if it does I dread to think how much filler is on an old alloy hull.On some of the alloy superyachts,if you put a new skin fitting in,a good 25mm of filler would fall out,probably due to weld distortion as well.
Yes you are right Graham the filler dose get a bit thick, it's better to remove the old filler at the begining of the season and refill, a lot of work but from my experience it makes a big difference.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #55
CINZANO 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterunwin View Post
Have had a dry fit of bolsters today, now ready for trimming & Garmin screens one to be used as navigation the other one to look after all instrumentation along with a bank of bright warning lights monitoring temperatures & pressures.
Illmor rang today engines & drives should be with us next week they will be the first to arrive in europe can't wait!!

NB: MARKUS: Prop sharing idea is excellent!! Illmor also have quite a few sets we can try for the cost of shipping.

NB: CFIN: You obviously recognized one of my other weaknesses, in 2003 i came very close to buying a Bennatton F1 fitted with a 3.5 litre judd engine. I am actually trying to give them up??? to that end i have just sold a beautiful GT3RS in viper green to pay for the new engines, Carolyn was almost in tears when the new owner drove out of the yard
Peter

Well that last bit can be helped out when in April my new GT3 RS 'Cinzano white' of the 997MKII will be delivered, I come over and she can sit in the drivers position (eeh, only there is no steering wheel, because its on my left side!!).

By then the 911 997 Sport Classic (only 250 made) will have a few month on the clock so I might be over in it for the Excel Show instead.

Otherwise you come here and see us on the Nürburgring instead?!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Hendricks View Post
Well that last bit can be helped out when in April my new GT3 RS 'Cinzano white' of the 997MKII will be delivered, I come over and she can sit in the drivers position (eeh, only there is no steering wheel, because its on my left side!!).

By then the 911 997 Sport Classic (only 250 made) will have a few month on the clock so I might be over in it for the Excel Show instead.

Otherwise you come here and see us on the Nürburgring instead?!
Hi Markus,
It seems we have lot's of common interests!! Girls, boats & cars! in no particular order.... Thought you might like to see some pictures of some of my track cars, 993 GT2 right hand drive only 3 were ever made, R500 Caterham which i made all my own suspension & aero dynamic modifications i.e.: Caterham with DOWN FORCE!.Palmer Jaguar & Juno Jaguar.
Nurbergring sounds great might have to bring the R500 out of retirement.
All the best
Peter & Carolyn
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0047.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	22358   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0025.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	22359   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0337.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	22360   Click image for larger version

Name:	PeterUnwin3_3.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	22361  
Old 17-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #57

Hunton Illmor

Hi All,
Thought you might like to see some photos that we purchased from Boatphoto.co.uk recently of our current boat Cheetah.
So that we took some of the old boat in to the new boat we have decided to call the new project Carbon Cheetah!! it has carbon in it's construction, carbon black in it's gel coat & there is also the possibility that it may BURN some CARBON when we use it!!!!
Whilst we already have our own graphic designs for the livery we thought it might be quite a nice idea to have a competition to design alternative graphic designs to our own. Some or all of the elements from the winning design to be incorporated with our own ideas.The winner of which would receive a day out playing in Carbon Cheetah Judges to be confirmed & Line drawings of the boat to be posted later.
Engines & drives have arrived at birmingham airport!! will be delivered tommorrow will post some pictures as soon as we have them unwrapped...
Peter
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4321.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	22408   Click image for larger version

Name:	080927 CHEETAH IMG_4317.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	22409   Click image for larger version

Name:	080801 CHEETAH IMG_9749.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	22410  
Old 17-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #58

Boat make: 9m RIB

Those R500's are amazing, I took one to Spa and had a great time. Great power sliding run but then great handling when you want to be faster than just messing around.

I may be signing to Barwell motorsport, which is owned by Paul Lemmer's nephew, hopefully to run the an Aston in the UK GT Series in 2 years time (2011) I will be testing in Jan, and will have silverstone closed to us for the day, if you both want to come and bring your cars for a bit of fun after we are done and i will bring out the Britcar to challenge you guys...

Test drove a Nissan GTR today, to replace my current car for the road. Was very impressed...
TomLinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #59
timtap

Interests: Photography, Real Ale .
Boat name: Shooters Too
Boat make: Scarab 22SC
Engines: Mercruiser 270hp
Cruising area: South West

Send a message via Yahoo to timtap
My shots from the South Coast Marathon last month !

Old 18-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #60

This is not a bright idea to do with your new vroom vroom but Ferrari President Luca Montezemolo seemed to err think so at this car event ...

I guess in boating terms it would be like leaving yourself high and dry on a sandbank at the launching of your new boat