Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 14-06-2006, 04:02 PM   #41
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,959
OK, I bow to your superior knowledge.
__________________

__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #42
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Bournemouth
Boat make: Extreme 21
Engines: 5.7 EFI Mercruiser

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 160
Jon has spoken. Please close thread.
__________________

Biggest Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #43
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,867
Don't be silly now.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #44
The Doc
 
Captain Chaos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,281
I've diaganosed the real problem:

Its painted the wrong colour! it should be fluro-orange, that way no-one would give a **** whether it planes or not.............. coz it'll look the fkin daddy!

captain has spoken - please close thread
Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #45
Ben
Registered User
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Country: US
Location: Virginia
Interests: Quiet desperation
Boat name: A Little Noisy
Boat make: Excalibur 24
Engines: Express Racing 525
Cruising area: Mobjack Bay (where?)

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,974
Andy Judge took Noisy from the Hamble to Poole on its bottom. He picked up Tony Hamilton in Cowes on the way. No real probs getting on the plane and they cruised down at 70 to 75 mph most of the way. Tony and Andy were supposed to race Tony's new boat but blew a Lambo a couple of days before.

After leaving Salterns for the race start, Andy Alan and Tony again had no major problems getting the boat to plane and were seeing 80mph on the way to the start. At the start there was a major loss of power which upon investigation turned out to be a loose union on the fuel transfer pump (the one that transfers fuel from the forward tank to the one under the cockpit sole). Alan had filled the foward tank to get some further weight forward. Alan was trying to transfer fuel when the problem occurred. Fuel starvation was the cause of the problem.

The engines are coming out next week and all the systems will be thoroughly gone through. I am also trying to source adaptors that will allow the use of 4 blade cleavers designed for large shaft SSMs to be used on smaller shaft SSMs.

With any luck at all the boat will be ready for Cowes and hopefully performing well. If I have any trouble getting the boat to plane there I will certainly seek Biggest Arms advice. He should recognise me easily. I'll be wearing the cowboy hat.
__________________
I thought that having more patience was a result of my getting older. Turns out that I just don't give a sh*t.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #46
numbskull
 
Jon Fuller's Avatar
 
Country: United Kingdom
Location: South
Occupation: none
Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South
Posts: 15,959
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben
If I have any trouble getting the boat to plane there I will certainly seek Biggest Arms advice. He should recognise me easily. I'll be wearing the cowboy hat.
Classic!
__________________
.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #47
The Doc
 
Captain Chaos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,281
Yeeeee ha!
Captain Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 08:31 PM   #48
Registered User
 
michaelcaine's Avatar
 
Country: uk
Location: brighton
Occupation: CABINET MAKER
Interests: SPEED BOATS,MOTO G.P
Boat name: MOTIVATION
Boat make: MARSHAN 21
Engines: AINT GOT ONE!!
Cruising area: sea

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: brighton
Posts: 1,223
Send a message via Yahoo to michaelcaine
can somebody please post a pick of this boat cause i dont know what it looks like
ta
__________________
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
michaelcaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #49
Registered User
 
Burty's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Weston Super Mare
Occupation: Electrical Engineer

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Weston Super Mare
Posts: 6,351
Send a message via AIM to Burty
.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clipboard02.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	8946  
Burty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 10:09 PM   #50
Registered User
 
Country: Lymington UK

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 501
has anyone answered my question of what it is?? velocity?
Admiral P. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #51
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,867
Yeh. I believe known in a previous life as HFS and was involved in the incident that damaged unipart.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #52
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,867
From littlenige's offshore library:

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #53
Registered User
 
scottyboy's Avatar
 
Country: United kingdom
Location: West Sussex
Occupation: Grease Monkey
Interests: Makin my boat faster!
Boat name: S.B Racing
Boat make: Ocke mannerfelt canopied B23 / Zapcat
Engines: Merc 200XS Gen 2 / Tohatsu 50
Cruising area: littlehampton/Southampton

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 2,656
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Chaos
I've diaganosed the real problem:

Its painted the wrong colour! it should be fluro-orange, that way no-one would give a **** whether it planes or not.............. coz it'll look the fkin daddy!

captain has spoken - please close thread

__________________
Class 3C Mono EPA National speed record holder 95.35 mph Avg!
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #54
HIM
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: South Coast
Occupation: Working again!!!
Interests: Boats and Cars...Nothing Else!!
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Coast
Posts: 60
Thanks to everyone for the interest regarding Noisy or NOSEY as someone called her!!
Ben has given details of Poole fiasco but after Andy Judge found the loose union on transfer pump we went back out and did a couple of laps of course to show Bournemouth what they missed!!
We will be ready for Cowes and Ben will be on throttles....hopefully with 4 bladers.
the boat was difficult with small blocks as well. Ask Harry Sired.

But once again thanks for all the encouragement!!
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 12:10 AM   #55
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,867
Look forward to seeing Mr Noisy back at Cowes better than ever.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #56
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: Bournemouth
Boat make: Extreme 21
Engines: 5.7 EFI Mercruiser

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben
Andy Judge took Noisy from the Hamble to Poole on its bottom. He picked up Tony Hamilton in Cowes on the way. No real probs getting on the plane and they cruised down at 70 to 75 mph most of the way. Tony and Andy were supposed to race Tony's new boat but blew a Lambo a couple of days before.

After leaving Salterns for the race start, Andy Alan and Tony again had no major problems getting the boat to plane and were seeing 80mph on the way to the start. At the start there was a major loss of power which upon investigation turned out to be a loose union on the fuel transfer pump (the one that transfers fuel from the forward tank to the one under the cockpit sole). Alan had filled the foward tank to get some further weight forward. Alan was trying to transfer fuel when the problem occurred. Fuel starvation was the cause of the problem.

The engines are coming out next week and all the systems will be thoroughly gone through. I am also trying to source adaptors that will allow the use of 4 blade cleavers designed for large shaft SSMs to be used on smaller shaft SSMs.

With any luck at all the boat will be ready for Cowes and hopefully performing well. If I have any trouble getting the boat to plane there I will certainly seek Biggest Arms advice. He should recognise me easily. I'll be wearing the cowboy hat.
Well, it wasn't me sat there revving the tits off it, when all that was needed was a couple of tools. No disrespect intended, but my mechanical sympathy was being stretched to its limits!
Biggest Arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #57
Registered User
 
Tony Davis's Avatar
 
Country: Job Centre
Location: In a box
Occupation: Chaos's gofer
Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: In a box
Posts: 5,201
Quote:
Originally posted by Biggest Arms
a couple of tools.
Plenty of them on here!
__________________
Chaos for Moderator.
Tony Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #58
Registered User
 
Rupert Munro's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: London
Interests: Extreme Sports, Cars, Boats

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London
Posts: 503
Send a message via MSN to Rupert Munro
Quote:
Originally posted by HIM
Thanks to everyone for the interest regarding Noisy or NOSEY as someone called her!!
Ben has given details of Poole fiasco but after Andy Judge found the loose union on transfer pump we went back out and did a couple of laps of course to show Bournemouth what they missed!!
We will be ready for Cowes and Ben will be on throttles....hopefully with 4 bladers.
the boat was difficult with small blocks as well. Ask Harry Sired.

But once again thanks for all the encouragement!!
Well afterseeing her go all the way round the island last year, after the dissapointment of poole, then i'd be glad to see her give the competition a run this year, hoping that she runs the right course this time!!
Rupert Munro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 05:13 PM   #59
HIM
Registered User
 
Country: England
Location: South Coast
Occupation: Working again!!!
Interests: Boats and Cars...Nothing Else!!
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: South Coast
Posts: 60
After long conversations with one and all my observations are as follows:
The boat is a pig to get on the plane, I and others have spent some time trying and sometimes succeeding!!
You always need max revs or just under to get it up...so to speak..depending on sea comditions and direction plus wind.
Sometimes it will come up with tabs up,legs in,other times it will not come up without a swell or the wash from another boat..hence the performance at Poole behind the kind gent in the BIG sunseeker..a chum of Tony Hamilton. Without speed you cannot fill the bow tank although I have filled it with a hose at times..
As for Four Blade props we have tried UK,Germany,Belgium: no point in buying without trying really. Many people have kindly given advice and it all seems to head to 4 bladers. I have had offers of props only for people to say sorry I have sold them.So if anyone actually has any 4 bladers 27x15 with 19 spline hubs I would love to try and hopefully buy. If otherwise any knows of a hub kit I would willingly buy same.

PS
Mark
Your boat was originally Buttercup I think.
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #60
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,867
Could this be mark's new nickname?
__________________

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×