Boatmad.com

Old 19-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #1

Angry Nottingham F2 the LuvMyBoat Opinion

Hi all, Nottingham was the pinnacle of RYA officiousness, and to set the record straight we were not marched out threatened yes went head to head with RYA, yes probably lost the battle though.

We had specific permission to film from the F2 Teams.

Its Wednesday and the RYA still can't define exactly what rights they are protecting, in short its a mess and I expected a lot more from a Professional body.

All media rights have been sold by the RYA to the Promoters for the next 10 years.

Our emails are unanswered and I guess we will never get any answers from RYA or the promoters they seem to have something to hide.

One would have thought that if the Partnership was so good for the sport the RYA and the Promoters would be publicizing the fantastic deal for Power Boating.

We deal with media rights at events like the Volvo Ocean Race and America's Cup and we have deals with these organizations so that we don't infringe on each others rights, The BBC have been thrown out of an inshore race this year so I think we are in great company.

The RYA broke their own filming ban I have images of a guy in an RYA jacket filming in the pits ...go figure!

The Racing was fantastic but I fear that the policy of racing in isolation will actually harm the sport in the ling run.
For proof of the fact that the partnership is failing one only needed to look at the crowd that turned up to watch the race, if one deducted the teams from the numbers there were less than 100 fans watching some of the best F2 racing to be had.

For power boating to move ahead the organizers need to work with ALL the media and get the events out to the largest audience possible. After all the teams rely on sponsorship to even get to the race, limiting to one channel will eventually impact directly on the Teams individual sponsors.

The BPRC had more people out in boats watching the Offshore Boats turn at Teignmouth than the F2 had at Nottingham

The secrecy around the deal has piqued our interest and we will write an article so if you have any information please contact us at

F2story@luvmyboat.com

Here is a photo montage on YouTube so that you can see some of the awesome action

http://youtu.be/S6tJu6YsP9Y

Images are on the LuvMyBoat Gallery

https://www.luvmyboat.com/gallery/

LuvMyBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #2

Smile Update from LuvMyBoat.com

Hi Everyone
Well we have finally managed to get a cell phone link with Jeni, to be fair Jeni had tried to connect but the network thwarted her attempts so finally we have communicated.
We have stopped the clock moments before thermonuclear destruction would have occurred.
On a serious note we had a great discussion and we have a large amount of common ground and I believe that we can now move forward towards working together in the future.
For the record we want to support power boating in all forms and I am sure that we can come to an agreement with PowerboatGP that is mutually beneficial for the parties and ultimately the sport.
Kind Regards
Geoff Davies
Media Manager
LuvMyBoat.com

LuvMyBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #3

Very Interesting
Techteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #4

Geoff, you and Cathy do a great job. Your affable style I would have thought would make you ideal stable mates for sports such as powerboat racing - the sport needs you and those like you - you two deserve every success.
littlenige is offline   Reply With Quote