Boatmad.com

Old 16-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #21

Boat make: None, boo!
Engines: Turbines mainly!
Cruising area: The inside of my workshop!

It's good to know that you can still enjoy it just the same from the shore! I'm only 23 myself, and although it cripples me financially to run and own my cat I've always sworn to myself I'll do this kind of thing while i can...
Thanks to a bike accident I already have issues with my knee and hip so i won't be able to do it forever so intend to do as much as possible while i'm young!
Do you have a favourite class/type of racing?

larby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by larby View Post
It's good to know that you can still enjoy it just the same from the shore! I'm only 23 myself, and although it cripples me financially to run and own my cat I've always sworn to myself I'll do this kind of thing while i can...
Thanks to a bike accident I already have issues with my knee and hip so i won't be able to do it forever so intend to do as much as possible while i'm young!
Do you have a favourite class/type of racing?
The problems you have with your knee and hip are also the same problems I have. Having been diagnosed with ParaHyperthyroidism and Osteo Arthritis, has stopped me from doing quite a bit with my life, too young to have replacements, and the prospects of having my throat cut to removed a piece of the ParaThyroide is not my idea of fun, one slip and I don't talk no more, plus they tell me that it might not work anyway.

The type of powerboat I like watching is the same type as the one Noel Edmonds used in 1984 for the Round Britain race, like I say I know hardly anything about this boat apart from the fact it was called Cossack and I won a sports bag for entering a competition for a ride in the boat, sadly neither of them lasted, the bag disintergrated and I have recently learned that the boat has almost done the same, it is now in a shed with a guy from the Isle of Wight.

Knit1-Purl1=Rib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #23
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knit1-Purl1=Rib View Post
The type of powerboat I like watching is the same type as the one Noel Edmonds used in 1984 for the Round Britain race, like I say I know hardly anything about this boat apart from the fact it was called Cossack and I won a sports bag for entering a competition for a ride in the boat, sadly neither of them lasted, the bag disintergrated and I have recently learned that the boat has almost done the same, it is now in a shed with a guy from the Isle of Wight.
Correct, though as I understand it, it has just been pretty much re-rigged with the intention of doing RB08, but recently pulled out. was originally called 'Miss Pearlcorder' when Edmonds was in it.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
Correct, though as I understand it, it has just been pretty much re-rigged with the intention of doing RB08, but recently pulled out. was originally called 'Miss Pearlcorder' when Edmonds was in it.

Thanks for that info. Where do the boats get their names from? Are they already called this when they leave the boatyard or do the owners chose a name?
Knit1-Purl1=Rib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #25
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knit1-Purl1=Rib View Post
Thanks for that info. Where do the boats get their names from? Are they already called this when they leave the boatyard or do the owners chose a name?
Usually the race boats are named to suit whoever the sponsor is. Not sure exactly what the 'Pearlcorder' was, but assume it's a video camera or tape recorder or something.

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote