Boatmad.com

Old 25-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #1

Boat name: East meets west
Boat make: SEARAY 230 ov
Engines: 7.4 mercruiser
Cruising area: Solent

Sea Ray 230 OV project

Hi all

Looking forward to this weekend my Sea Ray 230 OV will being going back in the water for its 1st run out with its new engine

The 310hp 7.2 MPI has been replaced with a built 502 ho motor that has been dyno'd at 570hp

Fingers crossed the bravo 3 doesn't lunch itself !

The drive is 2.00 ratio with 24 pitch props, so am sure we will be hitting the rev limiter at WOT. I am hoping with the grunt available she will happily spin 28p's or cupped 26p's if anybody has a set for sale please pm me.

I bought this boat just before Easter with a supposedly new engine and reconditioned drive from an EBAY Trader, 1st trip out it was obvious the drive was slipping and within half an hour the Engine started knocking, I have been utterly ripped off by this idiot who is now claiming he is not a trader - so small claims court here we come

I feel I ought to warm others about this rip off merchant as he is still advertising other boats and parts for sale on EBay

His user name is Richard66614 changed from fryderyck40 after I reported him to eBay, trading standards etc he trades from a private address in Kidlington be very careful when dealing with him

Steve.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #2

Boat name: East meets west
Boat make: SEARAY 230 ov
Engines: 7.4 mercruiser
Cruising area: Solent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.P View Post
Hi all

Looking forward to this weekend my Sea Ray 230 OV will being going back in the water for its 1st run out with its new engine

The 310hp 7.2 MPI has been replaced with a built 502 ho motor that has been dyno'd at 570hp

Fingers crossed the bravo 3 doesn't lunch itself !

The drive is 2.00 ratio with 24 pitch props, so am sure we will be hitting the rev limiter at WOT. I am hoping with the grunt available she will happily spin 28p's or cupped 26p's if anybody has a set for sale please pm me.

I bought this boat just before Easter with a supposedly new engine and reconditioned drive from an EBAY Trader, 1st trip out it was obvious the drive was slipping and within half an hour the Engine started knocking, I have been utterly ripped off by this idiot who is now claiming he is not a trader - so small claims court here we come

I feel I ought to warm others about this rip off merchant as he is still advertising other boats and parts for sale on EBay

His user name is Richard66614 changed from fryderyck40 after I reported him to eBay, trading standards etc he trades from a private address in Kidlington be very careful when dealing with him
I can't seem to edit this post the current user name is wrong, should be Richard666614
Steve.P is offline   Reply With Quote