Boatmad.com

Old 16-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #1

Boat name: LILY THE PINK AND TERMINATOR 11
Boat make: PHANTOM 21 AND 20
Engines: 2.5 EFI X 2

Warning

Ive just spent the best part of a grand at Trick Marine {to old on the forum} He sent me loads of wrong parts, Despite numerous phone calls and emails he hasn't replaced them despite his promises, so be warned.

To old, if you read this I dont like being ripped off, I hope to catch up with you one day, maybe see you at the boat show, till then
Attached Images

Old 17-05-2006, 01:36 AM   #2
Large member

Interests: Official smartass
Boat name: Seahorse.org
Boat make: a V24 and a SLOW unstable ICE Bladerunner
Engines: 2x300 promax, 320 Volvo
Cruising area: England/France & Med

Now thats more like it.

To balance it out do you have a *nice* thing or a recommendation to add? This way we can build up a picture of who is good and who is bad out there....

verytricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 07:31 AM   #3
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

I've met Fred (Too Old), and can't believe this a scam, or deliberate situation, lets just give him a chance to speak for himself before we assume too much.

I'll try and contact him today.

PS. Roofer, I'm sure you've been to the US many times before, so will know that turning up at a show there, and trying to cause aggro, will land you so deep in the shit with the US authorities, you'd be unlikely to ever get in again, so I wouldn't go in too hard with the burty big bollox talk.

JF

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 07:46 AM   #4

Boat name: LILY THE PINK AND TERMINATOR 11
Boat make: PHANTOM 21 AND 20
Engines: 2.5 EFI X 2

Jon he may have left a good impression with you but not with me.

Ive been waiting five weeks for the replacements he promised me, I haven't heard from him in over two weeks, when he promised my parts would be shipped first thing monday morning.

Perhaps I should post copies of his emails

Burty bollox or not, Im that pissed off, ive even thought about flying out to see him, but the wife made me see sense.
Old 17-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #5
Gav

Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
This is MrRob at Gavs house not Gav himself!

I think if you went to cause shit in the USA you would end up with a hole in your head face down in a ditch with an arse full of hill billy spunk!
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 07:59 AM   #6
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Quote:
Originally posted by Gav
I think if you went to cause shit in the USA you would end up with a hole in your head face down in a ditch with an arse full of hill billy spunk!
You been to North Carolina too?

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Burty
Funny that but i tried to get some steering from him last year. he replyed saying no problem and would sort a price and then nothing i emailed and PM'ed him 5 or 6 times with no response so i gave up
Burty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #8

Boat make: Phantom 23

Send a message via MSN to RossM
"Too old" or Fred Cyel replied to a P.M I sent him 8 months before regarding some Trim Tabs. He apologised for the delay in response and said that he doesn't check his BoatMad inbox often so I don't think he ignored you intentionally. i would suggest contacting him through his website, he properly checks that daily. I imagine he is a very busy man as most people who have to run a business.
RossM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #9

Boat name: Johnny-Rude
Boat make: a few
Engines: Seagull with hi five prop

Things can get held up in customs, it is beyond your sellers control if this happens. If you paid by credit card just put your cards transaction in dispute with your credit card company and you will eventually get your money back or a quick result from your seller as the chargeback is always taken from their bank account by the credit card company
Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #10

Re: Warning

Quote:
Originally posted by roofer
Ive just spent the best part of a grand at Trick Marine {to old on the forum} He sent me loads of wrong parts, Despite numerous phone calls and emails he hasn't replaced them despite his promises, so be warned.

To old, if you read this I dont like being ripped off, I hope to catch up with you one day, maybe see you at the boat show, till then
Coming from someone who has known Fred for a very long time and done an extremely large amount of business with him...

Mistakes tend to happen in this business. I dont know what kind of lifestyle you live over "across the pond", but in America, we learn to allow for a few mistakes. If you dont like the service that Fred offers you, why dont you take your business elsewhere rather than post idle threats on some random message board. Fred is an incredibly nice and gracious person, and would NEVER do anything wrong to anyone on purpose. Shut your mouth and act like a human being. MISTAKES HAPPEN!
i'm nice really is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #11
Dan
On a roll

Interests: Bristol Rovers, Cider & Boats
Boat name: Aqua Thunder, Badboy
Boat make: Bernico F2, Phantom 21
Engines: Merc 280efi, Merc 260efi
Cruising area: Worldwide

Re: Re: Warning

Quote:
Originally posted by iwill****youup
Coming from someone who has known Fred for a very long time and done an extremely large amount of business with him...

Mistakes tend to happen in this business. I dont know what kind of lifestyle you live over "across the pond", but in America, we learn to allow for a few mistakes. If you dont like the service that Fred offers you, why dont you take your business elsewhere rather than post idle threats on some random message board. Fred is an incredibly nice and gracious person, and would NEVER do anything wrong to anyone on purpose. Shut your mouth and act like a human being. MISTAKES HAPPEN!
With the greatest of respect as a first post it may not be the best idea to have a user name such as yours "on some randon message board"
Mistakes happen as you say, perhaps you coming on here in a typical american fashion is one of them.

Old 17-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #12

Boat make: Hustler 388 SlingShot
Engines: 525 SC's

Re: Warning

Quote:

Well....this is easy to resolve. You received the incorrect bezels. You ordered Platinum and you received polished. Our error.

We had placed an order with our supplier for additional platinum bezels which we just received.

After reading your emails and this thread, I've decided to refund your purchase price on the bezels rather than deal any further with you. Fell free to keep the polished bezels at no charge, but we won't be sending you anything further.

Your credit card has been refunded $115.58 [the price of the bezels]. Save that money towards a plane ticket so you can stop by the booth in Miami.
Old 17-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #13

Boat make: Hustler 388 SlingShot
Engines: 525 SC's

Quote:

Burty bollox or not, Im that pissed off, ive even thought about flying out to see him, but the wife made me see sense.
Old 17-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #14

Re: Re: Re: Warning

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan
With the greatest of respect as a first post it may not be the best idea to have a user name such as yours "on some randon message board"
Mistakes happen as you say, perhaps you coming on here in a typical american fashion is one of them.

For your information, "Pal", iwill****youup is a Screen name i have used at many message boards for a number of years. It is not meant to send any kind of message to anyone, but since you feel free to read into it as "typical american fashion" feel free to do so. All i was doing was defending a long-time friend. Im sorry loyalty doesnt exist where you live...Believe me, this is one of the last posts i will be making as i tend to post on "familiar" boards. Ta ta...
i'm nice really is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #15

Boat make: Various RIBs
Engines: Yam 250 HPDI, yanmar 6LP 315, And others

i'm rather offended by your username Mr American man.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #16
Dan
On a roll

Re: Re: Re: Re: Warning

Quote:
Originally posted by iwill****youup
For your information, "Pal", iwill****youup is a Screen name i have used at many message boards for a number of years. It is not meant to send any kind of message to anyone, but since you feel free to read into it as "typical american fashion" feel free to do so. All i was doing was defending a long-time friend. Got any what loyalty is???

iwill****youup
Lets not get all gun ho shall we??
I got no issues with defending friends at all, although I struggle to make sense from your posts (I think you missed a word out on the last one). People can only remark on the service they have recieved, thats just how it is, if some one has had a poor service (and I`m not saying they did) should they not be allowed to speak out (or do you disagree)?
By the way, i`m not anyones pal.
Old 17-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #17
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Bit high on testosterone in this thread guys. Dan you can’t be serious I’m far more offensive at work every day. This one is best left to Roofer & Too Old

Please let me pass on a bit of knowledge, experience, horshite whatever you wanna call it with these two quotes

"The best reaction is no reaction"………………my lawyer from the divorce legal cost was £98k ( Thats a fekken decent skater or AMT)

"Emotions are a powerful thing"…………Lap dancer Moncton….$15.00

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #18
Dan
On a roll

Quote:
Originally posted by BluFin
Bit high on testosterone in this thread guys. Dan you can’t be serious I’m far more offensive at work every day. This one is best left to Roofer & Too Old

Please let me pass on a bit of knowledge, experience, horshite whatever you wanna call it with these two quotes

"The best reaction is no reaction"………………my lawyer from the divorce legal cost was £98k

"Emotions are a powerful thing"…………Lap dancer Moncton….$15.00

CHILL PILL TIME
Yeh you are right, by the way I`m not offended at all, just didnt think it was the right kinda user name TBH.
But my big question is ....$15 for a lapdance was she a real dog?

(Has that calmed it down)
Old 17-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #19

Cruising area: solent

funny how you got no response roofer but a simple post on here gets their backs up eh ? tell it like it is mate typical get a refund.... tell that to the families G W has screwed up..... there you go guys order something from this guy, complain, and "eventually" put a post on here getting some rude t*sser with an offensive screen name(a white NY cop by anychance) that is not intended to cause offence(t*sser) to let his mate know he's been caught out and eventually you get your money back but lose out on exchange rate and cc charges anyway....
might be a nice guy but doesn't look like he's getting much more business from boatmad uk? v tricky....any joy with your engine misfortune keep seeing your boat at Geoffs and need to now if I should be doing some night manovures to fix it, saw a good pic of you in RIB international v69
don't want to take sides but we are all grown up and don't like to see anyone rip anyone else off its ruddy well expensive enough without being taken for a ride........
Old 17-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #20
Traveling

Boat name: T/T D2S
Boat make: Midas 27' Cat, Argo 16 Cat. Avon Rib Thingy
Engines: Merc 280-ROS -JSRE,65Xs, 75 Stinger, Yam 60
Cruising area: Any Seedy Bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan

But my big question is ....$15 for a lapdance was she a real dog?
Alright nice tits good laugh was doing all about face though was a hairdresser then lap dance wanted to be shop assistant normally it the other way round.
As Far a titty Bars and houses of ill repute I thoughly recommend a few...... Thats got the making of a Lonley Planet guide best before it closed has to be the Ranch J' berg SA

Team25Racing.com

At least 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow!
BluFin is offline   Reply With Quote