Boatmad.com

Old 04-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #1

we need to stand up and be counted

i'll put this in general discussions so more people will see it, just talked to the rya about race boat measurements and licience's, when questioned about measurement and class it was said "were are trying to make the sport safe and someone died last year", i really don't think that measuring our boat or putting an "h" in front of 185 is going to save anybody's life, it's purely down to revenue gathering.
when ask about race licience's, this is stupidity to the extreme and i'm not going to go any further on this
as a result of this phone call we are possibly not going to enter GEE 185 into any more race's, she won't look right with GEE H185 when she's had the same number long before any of these pen pushers started making rules and in the 43 years that she's been around she's never needed measuring, hasn't killed anyone, hasn't hit anything and is just the same old boat enjoying what it was designed for, it's a sad day that these people are slowly strangling the sport

biffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #2

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffer View Post
i'll put this in general discussions so more people will see it, just talked to the rya about race boat measurements and licience's, when questioned about measurement and class it was said "were are trying to make the sport safe and someone died last year", i really don't think that measuring our boat or putting an "h" in front of 185 is going to save anybody's life, it's purely down to revenue gathering.
when ask about race licience's, this is stupidity to the extreme and i'm not going to go any further on this
as a result of this phone call we are possibly not going to enter GEE 185 into any more race's, she won't look right with GEE H185 when she's had the same number long before any of these pen pushers started making rules and in the 43 years that she's been around she's never needed measuring, hasn't killed anyone, hasn't hit anything and is just the same old boat enjoying what it was designed for, it's a sad day that these people are slowly strangling the sport
With you 100% but don't give up, you are only letting "them" win if you do.

Mike Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
Trade Member

Interests: Anything powered on wheels, water or air
Boat name: OVERLORD
Boat make: RING 34' SPORTSBOAT 2 X V8 PETROL
Engines: 2 x 320 MERCRUISER B1
Cruising area: South coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
With you 100% but don't give up, you are only letting "them" win if you do.
Remember , You cannot fight them from the outside..be a Fifth Columnist and grind away at the inside . Just remember how the Labour party did it on behalf of the EU by devolvement and splitting up Great Britain into regionally devolved areas with no power in Brussels!!

Keep the lid on, look to the long game and when the time is right strike and assume power under new management as has been mooted elsewhere in this magnificent journal !

Mike

Neglect not thy opportunities
Mike Ring is offline   Reply With Quote