Boatmad.com

Old 13-12-2004, 04:18 PM   #1

Cruising area: Solent

Wellcraft 192

I know this isnt the type of boats most of you are using but having visited the site a number of times I thought that someone would be able to give me some advise. Having just sold my jet ski to buy a boat I am looking at a wellcraft 192 with a 4.3l mercruiser and alpha 1 leg. What do I need to look out for? The Cuddy has been re-trimmed but the seats need doing whats this likely to cost? I will be using the boat for fishing, water skiing and the odd family day out is it suitable? It has been anti fouled but looks like it needs re-doing is this a major problem and what will it cost? It looks like it should have had 2 batteries but they have been replaced with one is this a problem? If I decide to take it further he has agreed to a sea test so any advice would be appreciated.

solentdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2004, 04:51 PM   #2
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

I'm not familiar with the wellcraft 192, but the 4.3/Alpha is a good, dependable package (asuming it's been well cared for)

Anti fouling is no big deal, and would cost you a couple of hundred quid.

Has the boat been wet berthed? (kept in the water) if so, it's worth making sure the Alpha drive isn't too corroded.

If you're not mechanically minded yourself, I'd reccomend getting it surveyed, at least the engine/drive, if not the hull as well.

jf

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote