Boatmad.com

Old 23-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #1

Interests: Daft boat projects
Boat make: Cobra 7.5
Engines: Verado 250
Cruising area: Spain/UK

What happened to the Seaquel boys?

I've been a bit out of the loop for a while so perhaps you can enlighten me.

About 10 years ago a couple of brothers either bought the moulds for, or developed the moulds for the Seaquel 14. Nice guys and we had a great day in Poole Harbour with one of their early press boats. We ended up having a Curry and that was pretty much the last I saw of them as I bought my Broom Aquarius, (sorry lads)

I have seen a few Seaquel boats on the web like the 600 and I read the 2007 build thread for the 700xs by Gav. I can find very little about 'Seaquel boats' on Google.

So whats the story with Seaquel??

Is there still a company?
Is there a website?

Blairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #2

No..Seaqyul doesn't exist anymore.

The 600 is with Hydrostream (on here)

The 14 is in Kidderminster
The 700 ownership is somewhat contentious with the Molds being somewhere in the UK.

Gav is alive and well and recovering from his spine op......

Regards, Jono

Old 24-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #3

Interests: Skiving
Boat make: Spectre 30
Engines: 2 x Promax 225
Cruising area: In the bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post

Gav is alive and well and recovering from his spine op......

Regards, Jono
Has he had one fitted?
Old 24-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #4

Boat make: None, boo!
Engines: Turbines mainly!
Cruising area: The inside of my workshop!

Ha ha ha ha!! Perfect!

https://www.jl-innovation.co.uk

The true test of a man is how he treats someone of absolutely no use to him.
larby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #5

Interests: Fast boats
Boat name: Xtreme
Boat make: Bernico 21
Engines: Mercury F1, 300 Drag, XR2 "Fingerported"
Cruising area: South West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davis View Post
Has he had one fitted?

Very good Tony pmsl
Cyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 09:17 AM   #6

Boat name: The Mutz Nuts/Beyond Obsession/HoneyRider
Boat make: Phantom 20, Phantom 25, Cigarette 39 TopGun Unlimited
Engines: Mercury Promax 300 Madefi, Twin Mercury 200XS, Twin Merc Racing 525 EFI's
Cruising area: Eastney/Portsmouth

Lmao........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davis View Post
Has he had one fitted?

But, in answer to your question Tony.... I have to say......Unfortunately Not!

Still seems to be using the same'ole Gav 'Head in the Sand' Philosophies of old.

When will you learn Gav?........People don't just forget!
Old 25-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
Gav

Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMutzNuts View Post

But, in answer to your question Tony.... I have to say......Unfortunately Not!

Still seems to be using the same'ole Gav 'Head in the Sand' Philosophies of old.

When will you learn Gav?........People don't just forget!

you know what i'm sick of all this bollix! i have responded to you and told you whats happening with regards the moulds, but still you all persist on slandering me on a public forum!!
I'm not in business anymore and havent been for some years now, and as you all know i went BANKRUPT. Yes i failed at my attempt to run a business!
So from this point onwards if you have any financial issue with myself you will have to take it up with the OFFICIAL RECEIVERS/INSOLVENCY SERVICE.
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #8

Engines: Mercury Promax 300 Madefi, Twin Mercury 200XS, Twin Merc Racing 525 EFI's

Awww....Gav Gav Gav....I hope that's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
you know what i'm sick of all this bollix! i have responded to you and told you whats happening with regards the moulds, but still you all persist on slandering me on a public forum!!
I'm not in business anymore and havent been for some years now, and as you all know i went BANKRUPT. Yes i failed at my attempt to run a business!
So from this point onwards if you have any financial issue with myself you will have to take it up with the OFFICIAL RECEIVERS/INSOLVENCY SERVICE.
...... not True Colours.

Alot of people here on Boatmad had you down as a nice guy that just fcuked up.

Just a few comments in response to your post.....

'you know what i'm sick of all this bollix!'

I bet you are!.....But there is a simple answer you know!
Instead of getting p*ssed off over comments.....Simply make an effort to repay people you've taken money off, or at least keep them informed as to what your intentions are!
The 'Little or No communication, Head in the sand philosophy' really doesn't work or does it help the situation.

'i have responded to you and told you whats happening with regards the moulds.'

Only recently have you responded, and then only after my contacting yourself. Previously, this was far from the case. On numerous occasions I have heard nothing. That said, I do appreciate your recent return communication.
But, all you have told me is that someone else has your/the moulds, simply because you owe them money too.....and that you're now trying to get them back. No resolve offered, just more waiting!

'but still you all persist on slandering me on a public forum'
Touchy Touchy!
That's not slander......Unfortunately it is just the sad truth of the matter.

ANYWAYS.....I'm sorry if you're sick of it......but, so are we!
I know I speak for many others on boatmad when I say, we have all been very patient and given you plenty of time to get back on your feet, in the hope you will do the honourable thing and do your level best to repay these debts.

Soooo....... the ball is in your court matey.

P.S. I'm sure you'll agree....It would be a far better idea to continue this over the phone.
Just pm me for my number should you no longer have it.
Old 25-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #9

Mutz/Cyco

You had the chance to sort this out a long time ago...but you chose to attempt to do it "your way" and now the Molds, which, don't forget, I put a lot of money into too, are being "held onto" with complete disregard for other peoples financial input.

In case you'd forgot what was proposed..

Seaquel Mouldings.
A word of introduction first. My real name is XXXXXX. I have met both Cyco (Simon?) and MutzNutz (Steve?) but not “Taz”. I live and work fairly local to Allan Gavin. Gav is under so much pressure that he has difficulty in thinking straight at the moment, so I have offered to help him as best I can.
There is no easy or delicate way to put this, so I’ll be blunt if you’ll excuse me? Gav has got himself into a pile of trouble financially and the Bailiffs are coming on Monday to close the premises. Take my word for the fact that these are not the only creditors after him and it just so happens that the Council (Rates department) have got in first. They will seize everything in the workshop and seal it to prevent entry until the debts are settled. This will, inevitably, also prompt the Landlord to take further action too. Gav has no money to pay the debts and no prospect of any money coming in either. He will, in effect, be Bankrupt and all that entails.
Fortunately he has had a couple of days warning, so I have come up with a plan to save the plugs. We have fabricated a lifting device in our workshop here and I intend to uplift both plugs tomorrow and bring them to my factory here in Oldbury.
Where we go from here will involve you gentlemen. As I understand it, you have each paid a deposit of around £2,500 and expect to pay around £5,000 for a completed bare hull. Being blunt, Gav will not have the money to complete the hulls.
Now if the project dies at this point, everyone loses out, because there is no way that Gav will be able to return your deposits.
I am quite happy to stand the cost of uplifting the plugs and bringing them to my factory. I am also able to allow Gav a bit of space here for him to continue working. However as I have put in a good deal of money of my own, already, I am not prepared to finance any further.
The options, as I see it are
1) You take the plugs away and find someone else to finish them off and mold your boats
2) You walk away losing a great deal of money.
3) You agree to finance the project to completion by buying Gav the materials and labour he needs to finish your boats off.
I would invite you to consider the third option as a way that you can still have your boats at around the price you have agreed. I know it is not ideal to pay for something before it is completed, but realistically I see it as the only viable solution. Obviously, you would have a degree of trepidation about parting with more money, so I will offer my services as an intermediary. You pay the monies to me and I will buy the materials for Gav and account for the money. I would suggest that the three of you come up to my works sometime soon, preferably together, if it can be arranged to discuss the situation.

Feel free to contact me either by phone XXXXXXXXX during works hours or XXXXXXXXXXXX other time.
Best Regards, Jono
Old 25-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
Gav

Send a message via Skype™ to Gav
Quote:
...... not True Colours.

Alot of people here on Boatmad had you down as a nice guy that just fcuked up.

Just a few comments in response to your post.....

'you know what i'm sick of all this bollix!'

I bet you are!.....But there is a simple answer you know!
Instead of getting p*ssed off over comments.....Simply make an effort to repay people you've taken money off, or at least keep them informed as to what your intentions are!
The 'Little or No communication, Head in the sand philosophy' really doesn't work or does it help the situation.

'i have responded to you and told you whats happening with regards the moulds.'

Only recently have you responded, and then only after my contacting yourself. Previously, this was far from the case. On numerous occasions I have heard nothing. That said, I do appreciate your recent return communication.
But, all you have told me is that someone else has your/the moulds, simply because you owe them money too.....and that you're now trying to get them back. No resolve offered, just more waiting!

'but still you all persist on slandering me on a public forum'
Touchy Touchy!
That's not slander......Unfortunately it is just the sad truth of the matter.

ANYWAYS.....I'm sorry if you're sick of it......but, so are we!
I know I speak for many others on boatmad when I say, we have all been very patient and given you plenty of time to get back on your feet, in the hope you will do the honourable thing and do your level best to repay these debts.

Soooo....... the ball is in your court matey.

P.S. I'm sure you'll agree....It would be a far better idea to continue this over the phone.
Just pm me for my number should you no longer have it.

as Jono has said, you had your chance to sort all this out long ago, and yes it is slander, i have sought legal advise!! enough is enough now, i do not have the moulds anymore.
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #11

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

"sought legal advise",what did they do laugh. got any of those model speed boats left,because i think the amount of material you left out of my 21 made all of them, and the cowls you were making at the time. been in touch with tony lately?
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Mutz/Cyco

You had the chance to sort this out a long time ago...but you chose to attempt to do it "your way" and now the Molds, which, don't forget, I put a lot of money into too, are being "held onto" with complete disregard for other peoples financial input.

In case you'd forgot what was proposed..

Seaquel Mouldings.
A word of introduction first. My real name is XXXXXX. I have met both Cyco (Simon?) and MutzNutz (Steve?) but not “Taz”. I live and work fairly local to Allan Gavin. Gav is under so much pressure that he has difficulty in thinking straight at the moment, so I have offered to help him as best I can.
There is no easy or delicate way to put this, so I’ll be blunt if you’ll excuse me? Gav has got himself into a pile of trouble financially and the Bailiffs are coming on Monday to close the premises. Take my word for the fact that these are not the only creditors after him and it just so happens that the Council (Rates department) have got in first. They will seize everything in the workshop and seal it to prevent entry until the debts are settled. This will, inevitably, also prompt the Landlord to take further action too. Gav has no money to pay the debts and no prospect of any money coming in either. He will, in effect, be Bankrupt and all that entails.
Fortunately he has had a couple of days warning, so I have come up with a plan to save the plugs. We have fabricated a lifting device in our workshop here and I intend to uplift both plugs tomorrow and bring them to my factory here in Oldbury.
Where we go from here will involve you gentlemen. As I understand it, you have each paid a deposit of around £2,500 and expect to pay around £5,000 for a completed bare hull. Being blunt, Gav will not have the money to complete the hulls.
Now if the project dies at this point, everyone loses out, because there is no way that Gav will be able to return your deposits.
I am quite happy to stand the cost of uplifting the plugs and bringing them to my factory. I am also able to allow Gav a bit of space here for him to continue working. However as I have put in a good deal of money of my own, already, I am not prepared to finance any further.
The options, as I see it are
1) You take the plugs away and find someone else to finish them off and mold your boats
3) You agree to finance the project to completion by buying Gav the materials and labour he needs to finish your boats off.
I would invite you to consider the third option as a way that you can still have your boats at around the price you have agreed. I know it is not ideal to pay for something before it is completed, but realistically I see it as the only viable solution. Obviously, you would have a degree of trepidation about parting with more money, so I will offer my services as an intermediary. You pay the monies to me and I will buy the materials for Gav and account for the money. I would suggest that the three of you come up to my works sometime soon, preferably together, if it can be arranged to discuss the situation.

Feel free to contact me either by phone XXXXXXXXX during works hours or XXXXXXXXXXXX other time.
Best Regards, Jono
You had the chance to sort this out a long time ago... Sorry Jon but I'm afraid that's Nonsense! We tried but there was other factors which ultimately interferred.

but you chose to attempt to do it "your way"........ 'Our way' was basically Option 3, but simply to retain some hold onto the purse strings using a stage payment method......for obvious reasons......and not handing you, a virtual stranger (to cye, Taz and myself anyway) another bunch of money. I will have to check, but I believe your requested amount was summit in the region of £6500 between Cye, Taz and myself for materials to complete. Yeah.....righto!

and now the Molds, which, don't forget, I put a lot of money into too, Really!!? ............As Did Cye, Taz and Myself.

are being "held onto" with complete disregard for other peoples financial input. ..............Doesn't feel so good ...does it!? lmao

In case you forgot!!!......patronising ****
Of course I hadn't forgotten........That mail was receiving on 25.01 07..... Yeah my freakin b'day!
And I might add.....It was the day after Gav had called me saying he needed another bung for materials
Hmmmmm........You're not telling me he wasn't aware of the impending bailiffs intentions, are you!? Oh No! you already admitted having a few days notice, right!?
I'd been paying Gav extra on a month by month basis .....only coz I'm a nice kinda chap.....Yeah.....or a fool! As it turned out...lol.

I also have my old PM's regarding the hopefull resolve of this venture. ha ha!.....Including the above.
So don't try suggesting/implying, this was were things fell apart.....Coz it **** WELL wasn't!
You and I both know there was much more to it.
There were others Gav owed money, and I'd hazzard a guess, they saw these moulds as a way of recovering some of it.
As it's likely you did too? A little security/labour perhaps! :o)

Anyway, moving on, a few words regarding the options
1) You take the plugs away and find someone else to finish them off and mold your boats.

Unfortunately Gav wasn't interested in this route...These moulds were at this time 'his baby'. So this was never a viable option.

Obviously, at the time this wasn't the a favoured option. Although in hindsight was probably the way to go....had I known who or indeed how many others Gav owed.

This was ultimately the option chosen and pursued, until around a year or so later after more stage payment monies had been handed over to Gav, the goalposts moved once again..... As did the moulds.
A n other somehow got his name to Boat No. 1.
Upon visiting the workshop in 2008, GAV lead Ross and I to believe this was Cye's boat.....It wasn't.
Just for the record.....The build sequence was supposed to be.....Cye - Hull No. 1, Taz - Hull No. 2 and Myself - Hull No. 3. So who had Hull No. 1????

Perhaps you Guys would like to elaborate and enlighten us all on how someone else got Hull No. 1?????
I'm sure it'll make for interesting reading.....lol

I look forward to your reply
Old 26-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #13

I’ll try breaking this down for easier reading….

Quote:
You had the chance to sort this out a long time ago... Sorry Jon but I'm afraid that's Nonsense! We tried but there was other factors which ultimately interferred.

but you chose to attempt to do it "your way"........ 'Our way' was basically Option 3, but simply to retain some hold onto the purse strings using a stage payment method......for obvious reasons......and not handing you, a virtual stranger (to cye, Taz and myself anyway) another bunch of money. I will have to check, but I believe your requested amount was summit in the region of £6500 between Cye, Taz and myself for materials to complete. Yeah.....righto!
Nope..option 3… was for you to fund the plugs/molds and boats and using my premises I would account for the money and buy materials etc from
Polyfibre. You chose not to meet or trust me. That’s not a problem to me at all, there are certainly people on this web-site who could have vouched for me, but you chose to go your own way. Live with the consequences, don’t bleat about it. Did you feel that £6,500 was too low or too high?

Quote:
and now the Molds, which, don't forget, I put a lot of money into too, Really!!? ............As Did Cye, Taz and Myself.

are being "held onto" with complete disregard for other peoples financial input. .............Lmao
Yes really, and I have the receipts from Polyfibre to back this up. Just making the steel frames and recovering the plugs cost over £2K. I know you put money into the molds and the whole thing went tits up. However it could have been sorted out in a fashion. Yes, you would all have ended up paying more for your boats, but at least you’d have had them eventually. You chose to carry on pretty much as you had been doing. Your choice.

Quote:
“Doesn’t feel so good does it LMAO”
What doesn’t feel so good? I have never stood to gain from this and consequently don’t give a flying **** about the money. I took a gamble with Gav, and lost. Big deal. It’s the completely selfish attitude of whoever is holding onto the molds …..it’s all “me,me,me”….so “stuff the lot of you”

Quote:
You're not telling me he wasn't aware of the impending bailiffs intentions, are you!? Oh No! you already admitted having a few days notice, right!?
Of course he was…..but he also knew I was saving the part built plugs so work could have carried on.

Quote:
There were others Gav owed money, and I'd hazzard a guess, they saw these moulds as a way of recovering some of it.
As it's likely you did too? A little security/labour perhaps! :o)

You just don’t get it do you? I put up money to try and help a struggling boat builder. He pissed his chance up the wall, because he was pretty much off the rails. It was a gamble and I lost.

I sold of the 600 molds, which were still in my posesssion, with Gav’s approval, to recover some of the monies lost on another project entirely.

Quote:

This was ultimately the option chosen and pursued, until around a year or so later after more stage payment monies had been handed over to Gav, the goalposts moved once again..... As did the moulds.
A n other somehow got his name to Boat No. 1.
Upon visiting the workshop in 2008, GAV lead Ross and I to believe this was Cye's boat.....It wasn't.
Just for the record.....The build sequence was supposed to be.....Cye - Hull No. 1, Taz - Hull No. 2 and Myself - Hull No. 3. So who had Hull No. 1????

Perhaps you Guys would like to elaborate and enlighten us all on how someone else got Hull No. 1?????
I'm sure it'll make for interesting reading.....lol

I look forward to your reply
No, that wasn’t “option 3” as I laid it out. That was you deciding to keep going, pretty much as you had been. See response above.

No idea who had Hull 1…could care less.

Now, for the record, I suspect that Tony lost a lot more than you did, but do you seem him still ranting on about it? No? He would, no doubt however, like to string Gav up by the bollocks as is his right,

Gav was declared bankrupt. With that the debt is washed. It may be an unpalatable fact, but it is a fact. He doesn’t have a pot to piss in. Accept the fact and lower your blood pressure….

That’s all I’m going to say on the subject…either on here or by PM..have a good evening.
Old 26-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #14

Interests: duh ......
Boat make: Seaquel 600XS & Seaquel 700XS
Engines: Merc 300XS
Cruising area: Veluwemeer/Ijsselmeer

I am having a laugh here , Gav still owes me some money too he would pay it as soon as he could and for starter he would send me a model-boat , stil waiting for the model and payment Gav

Edit : last contact was 22-10-2007 ..........

Originally Posted by Ph@ntastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph@ntastic
Gav if you don't have any money yet , just let me know insted of ignoring my mail , pm , and phonecall's !
That way i know were i stand and don't need to bother anyone else okay .

jurry,

im verry sorry but my phone number cghanged months ago, i did get your email which i responded to over a week ago!

I am still in a very poor financial position, having gone bankrupt in february, as soon as i can get you some money i will. would you like a model boat free of charge for a start?

bear with me.

Gav

Hi Gav ,

Send you a pm bevor but no responce , i would like to get back on your offer of the model-boat .
If possible in black , thanks .

Kind regards , Jurry

Hi Jurry, sorry mate been very busy with the 700xs, yes i can do you a black model boat no problems. will you want it sent or are you going to be in uk at all?

cheers
Gav
Ph@ntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #15

Interests: Daft boat projects
Boat make: Cobra 7.5
Engines: Verado 250
Cruising area: Spain/UK

ffs

For F*ck sake children can I have my thread back please?

All I want to know is what happened to the two lads who built the 14 about 10 years ago!
Blairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #16

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

refer to post number 2. sorry but the word seaquel on here is mud and will always get peoples backs up. nice post deletion yesterday gav,by the way. im one of the lucky ones he only cost me time/money running around,its people like tony i feel really sorry for
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #17

Post removal....Damn!...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
refer to post number 2. sorry but the word seaquel on here is mud and will always get peoples backs up. nice post deletion yesterday gav,by the way. im one of the lucky ones he only cost me time/money running around,its people like tony i feel really sorry for
Almost got some truths out then ey!

Did anyone else keep a copy of it?

I just wonder why Gav decided to remove it? anyone?
Old 28-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #18
Captain slow

Boat name: terminal velocity no.120
Boat make: phantom20
Engines: 2.5efi smillin jack
Cruising area: solent

he sobered up
andymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #19
numbskull

Interests: none
Boat name: Leviathan
Boat make: Phantom 28
Cruising area: South Coast

Gav has requested to have his account closed, so he is no longer able to reply.

jf

"I Agree with everything you say really!" - John Cooke to Jon Fuller - 26-01-2013
Jon Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fuller View Post
Gav has requested to have his account closed, so he is no longer able to reply.

jf
in true head in the sand fashion

biffer is offline   Reply With Quote