Boatmad.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lloyd View Post
Sounds like a good idea. We will talk this over in October and finalise things then.
ML.
Mike

Keep me informed

Cheers

Mark

Old 11-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #322

Interests: Golf & liquid lunches with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wildey View Post
Mike

Keep me informed

Cheers

Mark
Of Course, I have you down to be the "other person" with Delta 28 leap frogging the venues ahead of the fleet to "set up" Race Control etc.

ML.

Old 21-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #323

Interests: Boats
Boat make: K4+ KR7
Engines: Evinrude 150 H.O

Would like to have a list of boats with a pic or two on each of them. And little details on each boat.
And if it is possible a link to www sites etc.

So we can follow each team all the way.

PS. Regards from the Swedes at the breakfasttable at the hotel during the Ribexpo in may this year.
Old 22-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
Would like to have a list of boats with a pic or two on each of them. And little details on each boat.
And if it is possible a link to www sites etc.

So we can follow each team all the way.

PS. Regards from the Swedes at the breakfasttable at the hotel during the Ribexpo in may this year.
Hi Guys, good to hear from you. Fully intend to do as you suggested but not yet. Many teams have not yet built or even have their boats yet. As soon as the info starts to come through from the teams don't worry, it will be posted on the web site.

I'm off travelling again, the two Northern Spain venues this time and a whole heap of driving. The language is a problem of course but there's always a way. Back in a week.
ML.
Old 31-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #325

Santander & Sada (A Coruna)

Two more Marinas the first ones in Spain, Marina de Santander and Marina de Sada (A Coruna) (recommended by Chris Strickland and Gordon Compton)have now been agreed and the venues added to the current listing. Santander was raining, very humid but superb and Sada, well you are going to have to see this one to believe it. Simply stunning and very hot.

They are right, the seas can be upto three metres off La Coruna on a bad day!! Sada is the best Marina to be the lay day especially as the next leg to Cascais is just over 300 miles.

Once again the boats racing for these Ports will be finishing close to the Marinas so that both cities can see and hear them arriving.

A weeks rest and off again heading for the Med Venues.
ML.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sada1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	31230  
Old 01-08-2011, 01:29 AM   #326

You can do it!
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #327

Monaco and back in 24 hrs. Mission accomplished with a few wrinkles to still iron out like, where do all the trucks go? Very nice people and should look after us well when we arrive. The Marina is stunning see pic below.

Thanks Glenn for all your help, couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for making me pay for two Cheeseburgers and chips at 34 euros each but the restaurant was nice and the women - phew!! It was the least I could do though. Wished I could have stayed longer but couldn't afford it.
ML.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Monaco1.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	31293  
Old 13-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #328

Portimao, these venues just keep getting better and better as we move south. This place is very professionally run, has just about everything that the race teams will need plus a lot of sun, swimming pools, on site hotels, a beach plus a very lively beach club. We will be using Portimao Marina as a lay day to allow the race teams to rest up and have some fun with their families. A great place to set out from to run for the Mediterranean venues.

We have very good friends down there. Mario, President of the Portuguese Powerboat Federation - ex racer and loves the idea of this race. Drove 300 miles down to help with the talks then drove 300 miles home again - all at 80 years old! Respect Mario.
ML.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Portimao Marina.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	31326  
Old 13-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #329

Interests: Powerboats, Alpine Skiing
Boat name: Blastoff Challenger
Boat make: Fountain 38 poker run
Engines: 2 x Yanmar 440
Cruising area: Solent

My parents Richard & Sue spent the last 20 years based in Lagos marina nearby where their Sunseeker Thunderhawk is still based, and they have a lovely villa nearby. I have spent many a summer exploring along the coast and I have to say the area is fantastic. There is a fantastic beach bar on the golden sands opposite the proposed RB13 pits which is like being on a tropical Island. My dad loved the area, and in memory to Richard the "Griffith Family" will be there in "Samanda" waiting to welcome the crews in in 2013. (We also know a fantastic marine engineering company near by who fitted our new 400hp big block volvos!)
Old 19-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #330

We have put the race on hold for a week because of Cowes and our efforts to get our race boat up and running, it's like pushing water up hill!!

However, in between we are making arrangements to visit Marbella and Alicante. These will be visited the week of the 12th September -baring unforseen problems.

Will post our findings when we get back but first of all it's Cowes for a week and some fun.
ML.
Old 19-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #331
Ben

Interests: Quiet desperation
Boat name: A Little Noisy
Boat make: Excalibur 24
Engines: Express Racing 525
Cruising area: Mobjack Bay (where?)

Quote:
We have put the race on hold for a week because of Cowes and our efforts to get our race boat up and running

Please be gentle with the old girl (the boat) as she is very easily upset and has been known to throw her toys out of the pram and generally have a good old strop.
Old 19-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Please be gentle with the old girl (the boat) as she is very easily upset and has been known to throw her toys out of the pram and generally have a good old strop.
Alan and I are the ones having a strop and throwing our toys out of the pram, just been told the Old Girl won't be ready after massive expense.

That's the second year running, not good.
ML.
Old 19-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #333

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

That's because he talks to much
Old 21-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #334

It's with great pleasure that we can announce that David Graham-Smith has joined the MPA Powerboat Events Ltd Board as a non-executive director effective as from today. I have known David since 1979 and raced against him many times throughout the 1980's so he has been a friend of mine for some thirty years. He is passionate about offshore racing, loves the sport, the people in it and most important of all, powerboats and even has a couple of his own!

His enthusiasm for our race knows no bounds and as he is a lawyer by profession he will be a valuable member of the team. It's great to have him on board. If you ever get the chance view "Davids Diary" his film of the 2008 Round Britain Race containing filmed interviews of almost all the race teams. Makes fascinating viewing. Hopefully he will do the same during the Cowes/Monte-Carlo race.
ML.
Old 23-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #335

Not that anything I have got to say can be as good as to what is being said on the Muster Area of this web site right now (so funny), but to give those who will be taking part in the 2013 Cowes/Monte-Carlo Race and also to those who won't, we have placed the trailer film to the 2008 Round Britain Powerboat Race up on our web site www.cowestomontecarlo.com just as a taster - brings it all back in colour!!
ML.
Old 23-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #336

Boat name: snow monkey
Boat make: extreme 24
Engines: mercruiser 6.2

dont know what your laughing at,have you worked out how many safety boats you will need for the cowes start of your 50 boat race,im guessing somewhere in the region of 200 only joking with ya mike
Old 23-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
dont know what your laughing at,have you worked out how many safety boats you will need for the cowes start of your 50 boat race,im guessing somewhere in the region of 200 only joking with ya mike
Can't be anymore than when we started the 2008 Round Britain when we had some 75 I think all the way from Portsmouth to Hurst so it was the whole of the Solent, not just the western tiddly bit. Still can't help laughing!

You have to stay positive and believe that things will change by 2013.
ML.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #338

Benalmadena & Alicante

Because we are all a bit busy right now our colleague Alan Goodwin will be visiting with Benalmadena and Alicante for us next week to agree these two Cities as venues for the race. Alan has huge experience at setting up venues as he organised Honda (now Superstock) for many years so meeting with the Cities Councillors and the Marina authorities will be nothing new and well within his capabilities.

In the meantime we are getting ourselves ready to go to Monaco for three days visiting the Boat Show to see how much interest we can raise with certain sections of the Marine industry!
ML.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #339

World of Powerboats Autumn issue pages 20 - 24 . David Sewells up to date comments on the 2013 Cowes to Monte-Carlo race.

If I knew how to upload a PDF I would!!
ML.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #340

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
World of Powerboats Autumn issue pages 20 - 24 . David Sewells up to date comments on the 2013 Cowes to Monte-Carlo race.

If I knew how to upload a PDF I would!!
ML.
I could be wrong, but I think you have to subscribe to the magazine.

My copy was delivered last Thursday.

Closed Thread