Boatmad.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 30-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #61
Registered User
 
Mike Bontoft's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 186
Congrats to Vee and Gareth on the win, two in a row,the boat must be well sorted. John. Great job.
I'm sure Cinzano was chasing hard.
Smoking Aces, Very impressive! Again!
__________________

Mike Bontoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #62
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 74
Images off Hengistbury Head

Hi,
a few images taken of yesterdays race , taken off Hengistbury Head , can be viewed at the link below.Sea conditions were a bit too calm here for some air shots but i have posted anyway for general interest.

Regards
Rob Clifford
http://rjc-photography.ifp3.com/gall...hallenge-2012/
__________________

robox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #63
Registered User
 
Dozzer's Avatar
 
Country: UK
Location: Oxford
Occupation: Property
Interests: Powerboats, Alpine Skiing
Boat name: Blastoff Challenger
Boat make: Fountain 38 poker run
Engines: 2 x Yanmar 440
Cruising area: Solent

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oxford
Posts: 143
A big thank you to the organisers of the race, sorry we did not see you at the finish! We are still learning about our boat in is diesel form, we were on the rev limiters for the whole race so we need some bigger props!
The cruise back to drivers in the dark was interesting and a big thank you to Gareth for waiting or us!
Dozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #64
Registered User
 
Country: UK
Location: Bristol
Occupation: Motor Trade
Interests: Boats
Boat name: Electrifying
Boat make: Pascoe SR9
Engines: 2x 2.5 EFI
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bristol
Posts: 17
After the race I was a little way in front of Microlink and Silverline on the way back up the Lymington river and was astounded that the majority of the sailing dingy crews were totally oblivious to any other river traffic, one of which actually sailed straight into Microlink. On the way to Bucklers Hard this morning it was interesting to note that the Pheasants that we came across on the narrow roads displayed the same awareness.
Martin Purnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #65
Registered User
 
Gerbil112's Avatar
 
Country: U.K.
Location: Poole, Dorset
Occupation: Paramedic (Offshore Safety & Rescue Crew)
Interests: Many and Varied!
Boat name: Starseed
Boat make: Colvic Suncruiser 35 Flybridge
Engines: 2x Thorneycroft 225 turbo diesel
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Poole, Dorset
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Purnell View Post
After the race I was a little way in front of Microlink and Silverline on the way back up the Lymington river and was astounded that the majority of the sailing dingy crews were totally oblivious to any other river traffic, one of which actually sailed straight into Microlink. On the way to Bucklers Hard this morning it was interesting to note that the Pheasants that we came across on the narrow roads displayed the same awareness.
I found out when we got back that it was actually a race, organised by the Sailing Club next door to the Royal.

However, NO EXCUSES for their standard of navigation in such a narrow channel.

Hope the "roadkill" cooked up nicely for you
__________________
All bleeding stops, eventually!
Gerbil112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #66
Steve
 
Country: UK
Location: Wootton Bridge, IOW
Occupation: Quality Assurance Auditor
Interests: Powerboat Enthusiast
Boat name: Orashi
Boat make: Shetland 21
Engines: 55
Cruising area: Solent

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wootton Bridge, IOW
Posts: 150


First 2 in the marathon race/ slightly breezy.
__________________
Not missed a C-T-C in 35 years (1977 -2012)
36 races
woottonwillis153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Adam's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Warsash
Occupation: Boat Designer
Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Warsash
Posts: 1,838
I would like to say a big thanks to all the organsiers, helpers, marshal boat crews etc etc - for an excellent event and race.

Must be one of the best 'feel good' events of the year! Somehow Lymington seems to avoid all the politics and general negativity / moaning of other events and look how good it is for it.

- Great venue and club facilities
- Fair entry fees
- Excellent course
- All happens in one day
- Good entry of boats
__________________
www.adamyoungerdesign.com
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #68
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 513
Any race results?
Marinautic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
Adam's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Warsash
Occupation: Boat Designer
Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Warsash
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinautic View Post
Any race results?
lifted these from the Lymington Challenge website
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen%20Shot%202012-09-30%20at%2019_17_56.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	36535   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen%20Shot%202012-09-30%20at%2019_18_22.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	36536  
__________________
www.adamyoungerdesign.com
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #70
Registered User
 
Ciao's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Great Horwood

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Great Horwood
Posts: 2,372
Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I would like to say a big thanks to all the organsiers, helpers, marshal boat crews etc etc - for an excellent event and race.

Must be one of the best 'feel good' events of the year! Somehow Lymington seems to avoid all the politics and general negativity / moaning of other events and look how good it is for it.

- Great venue and club facilities
- Fair entry fees
- Excellent course
- All happens in one day
- Good entry of boats
Great to see those rose tinted glasses are still working for you.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #71
Registered User
 
Country: UK
Location: Bristol
Occupation: Motor Trade
Interests: Boats
Boat name: Electrifying
Boat make: Pascoe SR9
Engines: 2x 2.5 EFI
Cruising area: South Coast

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bristol
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I would like to say a big thanks to all the organsiers, helpers, marshal boat crews etc etc - for an excellent event and race.

Must be one of the best 'feel good' events of the year! Somehow Lymington seems to avoid all the politics and general negativity / moaning of other events and look how good it is for it.

- Great venue and club facilities
- Fair entry fees
- Excellent course
- All happens in one day
- Good entry of boats
Adam, please explain the politics of other event and how you believe this can be resolved.
Regarding "the feel good factor" & good entry, until 6 hours before the start of the race there were six confirmed and paid up entries putting huge stain on the race administration in every way. Would you expect organising club members to subsidise an event in which most of them have no interest, in the hope that it will be alright in the end? Or would you agree that commitment, hard work on the part of Event Directors and VOLENTEER officials deserve at least the curtesy of a definite yes or no from their "customers" before the outlay of non recoverable funds. It is much easier not to organise a race than to go through the frustrating process of trying to find out what competiters want and supply it!!!!
Martin Purnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #72
Registered User
 
Ciao's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Great Horwood

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Great Horwood
Posts: 2,372
Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Spot on!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mp.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	36542  
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #73
..
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,567
Well we ( B92) had a good day .. And appreciate everybody involved efforts .
Foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Adam's Avatar
 
Country: England
Location: Warsash
Occupation: Boat Designer
Interests: sport
Boat name: Santana

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Warsash
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Purnell View Post
Adam, please explain the politics of other event and how you believe this can be resolved.
Regarding "the feel good factor" & good entry, until 6 hours before the start of the race there were six confirmed and paid up entries putting huge stain on the race administration in every way. Would you expect organising club members to subsidise an event in which most of them have no interest, in the hope that it will be alright in the end? Or would you agree that commitment, hard work on the part of Event Directors and VOLENTEER officials deserve at least the curtesy of a definite yes or no from their "customers" before the outlay of non recoverable funds. It is much easier not to organise a race than to go through the frustrating process of trying to find out what competiters want and supply it!!!!
Hi Martin
Just my thoughts from the day - and of course I did not know anything about problems with late entries. Certainly mine was in some time ago. It is a problem for organisers and we often had similar situations when I was on the ORDA committee.

But as said it was just my thoughts from the day as a competitor.

Generally there seemed to be a really good atmosphere, people getting on, lack of moaning - and that was all I was commenting on.
__________________
www.adamyoungerdesign.com
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #75
Steve
 
Country: UK
Location: Wootton Bridge, IOW
Occupation: Quality Assurance Auditor
Interests: Powerboat Enthusiast
Boat name: Orashi
Boat make: Shetland 21
Engines: 55
Cruising area: Solent

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wootton Bridge, IOW
Posts: 150
Great video found on you tube today on board Sea Hound V @ Lymington Challenge.
Marathon boats finish appear @ 5.55min.

__________________

__________________
Not missed a C-T-C in 35 years (1977 -2012)
36 races
woottonwillis153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« - | New Events »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×