Boatmad.com

Old 21-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #41

Boat name: purple haze
Boat make: vector xr 24
Engines: cosworth yb turbo 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike k View Post
Just love the thread...innovation is the way forward...and its sounds like your having fun as well
The best thing about tuning engines is you never stop learning and there is always room for further improvement be it reliabilty or power
My alfa started at 160 bhp and is now 240bhp on rollers 200,000 miles covered, my quad is a tuned lt500 2 stroke dont know how much power but it scares the s##t out of me and i been racing it for 10 years blows the new 4 strokes into the weeds

cosworth mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #42

strip down

Motors out and apart and not in bad condition, pistons and rings are shot but the rest is fine slight bore wear at the top of the bore,s but that,s it .
Other parts not so good the intercooler had split on last session in force 6 with big easterly swell wicked fun but motor started missing when the water got up to the dizzy made it back in but was a little scary,the intercooler just needs welding up and slight mod to brackets but the turbo must of gulped some sea water and the compressor wheel is bent to s##t,one of the engine mounts is bent from a big air landing.The replacment engine is coming together crank,s in the block and all clearance,s checked on journals,rods checked and got a set of pistons ready to machine for the lower compresion (7.5:1) waiting for sump and spare cash for oil pump and rings so i can drop the short motor back in.

Old 23-02-2011, 06:55 AM   #43

Boat make: None, boo!
Engines: Turbines mainly!
Cruising area: The inside of my workshop!

Awesome. Even though there's probably much simpler ways of getting what you want, I love it that you're doing it differently and sticking at it till it's right!!

James

https://www.jl-innovation.co.uk

The true test of a man is how he treats someone of absolutely no use to him.
larby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #44

Yeh its deffinatly a but highly strung going to keep pushing the engine this year and hopefully get the performance i,m looking for if not I will sell both motors and rebuild a t50 cammer i have came out of a marcos endurance racer 5.0ltr quad cam all alloy drysumped 210kgs 450bhp with inlet restrictor fitted .Its there at the moment just to threaten the cosworth to perform or there out,only problem would be having to change the drive as its set to deep anyway and may well go bang so would be a big change from current setup.