Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #21

Interests: Offshore powerboats/Motor racing
Boat name: no
Boat make: no
Engines: no
Cruising area: no

Send a message via AIM to Black_Tornado Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Tornado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
O19 is a Force OP II hull driven by T.Low.

That Bertram 38 seems a mystery with it being all white.Unless it`s got a cover over it.Toleman did take his mono over there.
If I don't remember badly Toleman run in Melbourne with the cat (central cockpit) with a new livery. Perhaps also the Bertram was in phase of change of livery. Also because that Bertram close to the Force it seems to be the former Benihana (you see the windscreen) that then it will return in England and it will have then the colors of Peter Stuyvesant.

Black_Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #22

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Tornado View Post
If I don't remember badly Toleman run in Melbourne with the cat (central cockpit) with a new livery. Perhaps also the Bertram was in phase of change of livery. Also because that Bertram close to the Force it seems to be the former Benihana (you see the windscreen) that then it will return in England and it will have then the colors of Peter Stuyvesant.
Toleman lost a prop early on.

You are right about the livery, but Toleman took the Stuyvesant colours in 1982.

I Think it was that he was running Toleman Thermoglaze (help!) as opposed to Toleman Group - (Or the other way round!)

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #23

The Toleman photo was taken at a Mercury dealer/ warehouse, I forget the name of the city, Dangdon????. The black dash cover is on the Bertram and the wall reflection is washing out the side. The center cockpit/engined Cougar was ran and was leading when it cracked the outdrive open, we were using special spacers to get the props deep enough so the boat could be trimmed out sufficiently, It always ran too flat, The C/G was too far forward. We shipped the Cat to Miami and Tank and I tested and tested that cat, took a ton of weight out and spent about 2 weeks on it and got it to 99mph on the inter coastal. but that was it. Also the boat lost a ton of speed in even the slightest turn.
Mike Bontoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #24

Aussy Bertram Mono

The Aussy Worlds 1980 DVD shows the Bertram Orange/Black/Blue livery,i.e.as per the normal 1980 race livery.The console is covered with a dark blue cover making it look from a distance like a black Benihana style windsreen.The black chine strip is visible in the Bontoft photo as per 1980 Toleman livery.I think the photo has blitzed out some of the black signwriting.
Check Peter Stuyvesant cockpit viz Benihana and Tolemans was 2 bolster whereas Benihana was 3,i.e.wider windscreen.Also I have references say Peter Stuyvesant was a revamp of previous Toleman boat. I thought I have a reference that the yellow Benihana became Vincentive,which I know seems odd.
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #25

The ex-Benihana case

Get the magnifying glasses strapped on Black Tornado.Consider this.The plan view angle of the upper edge of the windscreen is different between Benihana and Peter Stuyvesant.The E.R. Hatch boundary is different but as Toleman Group.The air holes in aft face of E.R. Hatch coaming is same for Toleman and Peter Stuyvesant (this shows more on stern pics of Stuyvesant boat).
The only time I have come across a reference to Benihana is on the sale ad and Black Tornado`s comments.
For reference the white hull Benihana was a new 3 bolster boat as opposed to the 2 bolster yellow hull Benihana.
We await `sherlocks`analysis with interest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EXHIBIT A.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	19345   Click image for larger version

Name:	EXHIBIT B.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	19346   Click image for larger version

Name:	EXHIBIT C.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	19347  
FLYING FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #26

Interests: Offshore powerboats/Motor racing
Boat name: no
Boat make: no
Engines: no
Cruising area: no

Send a message via AIM to Black_Tornado Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Tornado
Already explained everything on OSO yesterday.
I do not understand why but I still give a Toleman another Bertram of which he did not know what to do with it.
That damned windscreen every time makes me think of Benihana.
I believe that the same CougarM long time ago had explained to me that Bertram of Toleman-former Flap Jack-had been modified with a windscreen similar to that of Benihana.
The same CougarM on OSO patiently once again had explained to me that.

Clouseau the Muddler

Black_Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote