Boatmad.com

Old 03-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #61

Yes, once you get that far you have to finish it. Hence I’ve spent £70k in total to sell it finished for £25, Such is life!

slaterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #62
CRB

Holidays

It's the fun of doing these projects.

Some people race bikes/boats/horses/cars etc. Some spend ££££s on exotic holidays with nothing more than a few photos to show for it. Over 10 years £75k isn't a major spend at £600 a month (a few meals and beers each month and that's easy done)

At the end of it you have an awesome bespoke boat that you can enjoy with friends and family (yours can even double up as accommodation/ apartment at weekends in new marinas) Selling at £25k is great as you even get some equity back out of it. (Unlike a friends once £80k 10year old Range Rover) Somewhere in the 400s p/m I reckon is excellent value to have a boat like yours.

You can probably guess from the above how many times I've tried to justify a project

Cheaper than therapy

CRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #63

Haha I like the approach, just amortise it’s over time, not THAT much more than a gym membership 👍
slaterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 09:51 PM   #64

Hi guys. My name is Daniel. I am known from stepping in where every one else keeps clear from. No surprise I may land up as new owner of BF36R. I am an engineer my self and it is a big saver for my(i know that) but being in Europe... Ireland at the moment. Where would You use the bloody thing?! putting in the Canarys going to cost a fortune... good marina is about 1000Euro a month for 36foot boat. Having it here is no use. Madness... thats all whats needed.

MrDan is offline   Reply With Quote