Boatmad.com

Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
Trade Member

Interests: ACCELERATION (anykind )

Strange Project

SAND DRAGSTER with JSRE Modified 2.5 soon complete

Today I am assembling a highly modified 2.5 280 that is to be installed in a 3 wheeled sand trike. I used a 280 block and I raised the port mapping to Drag specs + , used Drag Motor electrics as well as in the future this motor will be using a Nitrox 175 HP NOS/ Alky. spray bar system...

This unique rig has a two speed transmission car style clutch and an Indy style quick change rear end. A Chrome Moly tube frame , with a radiator I'm told. To mount the thing you lie down like a Pro Stock NHRA bike. It has HUGE paddle wheel tires ..This rig was first fitted with a 2.4 200 fishing motor spraying a shot of NOS several years back and ran a click over 3 seconds in 300 feet I was told. Hopefully it will be MUCH quicker with the new up to date added JSRE power...

This motor has everything I can throw at it including JSRE CUT Drag Motor Port mapping + , Worked chest , Lite Wizard Forged racing pistons, lightened 41 series connecting rods ,Sport jet reed cages , TDR reeds , cut front case half , angle cut reed plates and horn, Full set of Drag motor electrics, A-6 ECU , tight 21 and 26 CC head sets, light flywheel. etc....

The block, flywheel top and heads are powder coated RED as it will be exposed in plain open view and John wanted something that gives the spectators something to goggle at ...

Should be in the chassy by mid next week, and all bugs worked out with the throttle linkages and such very soon... It should be interesting to watch it run.. I will keep all informed and might have a video when the project is complete..

BTW: This MONSTER belongs to and is driven/ridden by John Grove in Stafford,Va.

Jay