Boatmad.com

Old 15-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #1

Avenger 21 Easy Rider

Hi everyone,

I know this boat has been mentioned on this forum before, but I am trying to trace the history of 'Easy Rider' a 21ft Avenger built in 1971, which we now own. The boat is in the process of being restored and is not far from completion. In 1971 the boat competed in the Putney- Calais powerboat race, in which it came second overall, but was the only boat to actually do the full course. The plan is to get the boat up and running again and re trace the Putney Calais course, hopefully next year. During it's life the boat has undergone a few 'adjustments', it is now fitted with a V8 Rover engine, the orginal being a race tuned 6 cyl Volvo. It still has the Volvo race leg, but I understand this is not the original. Perhaps the strangest modification, is the race deck, which We are told came off Steve Baker's 23ft Phantom. We would be very interested to hear from anyone who knows anything about the boat. We do have a dedicated website, which is being updated all the time, showing the history, future plans and pictures of the boat. HOME - LondonCalais I look forward to hearing from you!
LondonCalais is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avenger 21, easy rider, keith dallas, putney calais