Boatmad.com

Old 09-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #1

Interests: Photography, Astro Photography,

Hi from Sussex

Hi all, have been following this forum for many years and have taken the plunge and joined.

Have never owned a boat (apart from a Mirror Dinghy and a couple of Canoes), but followed the Offshore and Inshore races from the late 60's all through till the late 80's. I spent a short time as a part-time freelance photographer in the early 80's and got onto the press boats at Cowes, Poole and Bristol a few times. I had a few things published in the two Magazines at the time. Also had a poster produced of "Brut" which was distributed around the venues of the races in Britain at the time !

Before that in the late sixties and early 70's I used to visit the Cowes Torquay race with my day (I was around 13-14 at the time and loved going around Souters Yard, Groves and Gutteridge and even got a visit to Enfield Marine !!)

I still have many of my slides and Negs and am now starting to sort them out as a lockdown project, now I'm retired. When I find something of interest, I'll post on here in the pictures section !

One thing I think I've got but will have a good hunt for is a shot of the original Miss Enfield, taken from the ferry leaving Wooten Creek, when she was going, I assume her first sea trials - If I can find that I'll post it !!

Thanks, Graham

GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #2

Interests: Petrolhead
Boat name: Wayne Kerr
Boat make: Phantom xl
Engines: Mercury 2.5, 200(ish)
Cruising area: Essex, Hampshire, Mediterranean

Welcome aboard amigo.
Wayne Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote